SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think so.
I have zero interest in any statues, of any kind. I like the look but loathe the lack of poseability.
That they have fairly accurately copied the statue with this figure is, for me at least, a bonus, so we can pose it like the statue for pics, but also in any other pose we want.

I agree with you, my question was towards slynger, whom said it was lazy of SS.

And i was saying that i regard it as not lazy.
I totally got the context, lol.
Wasn't having a jab at you, but agreeing with you.

My bad then, so yes! It is better this way, for those of us that do not get PFs(I myself only have Anakin in PF)

r8a0yc.png

On a serious note, what time do POs usually go up?

Original Sideshow Premium Formats were semi poseable i remember the Nosferatu and Frankenstein's Monster were.

All I was saying was that, to me, it came across as SS saying, just copy the PF for heat vision, it's too much work to give them something unique. I'm glad he's getting a heat vision portrait, I just wish it was something a little different. I think SS had a chance to make something even better and they missed it. That's all.

All I was saying was that, to me, it came across as SS saying, just copy the PF for heat vision, it's too much work to give them something unique. I'm glad he's getting a heat vision portrait, I just wish it was something a little different. I think SS had a chance to make something even better and they missed it. That's all.

I was not intending my post to sound like any argument.
I only meant that for people that like the PF but would never under any circumstances buy a statue, they can now get exactly the same thing but in poseable form.
I reckon it was really nice of SS to do that for us and not lazy at all.
I'd welcome other figures where the PF was great, and done the same way.

I'm stoked for this...for a few reasons. 1- I love my movie collectibles, but I want some variety. 2-I have a feeling SSc will provide us with a 1/6 scale justice league before the movie versions ever come out. 3-because this line shows a lot of promise.

That being said...I'm not too fond of the HS on both this and batman. They're a bit...rough. Like, a dude bros hyper stylistic fantasized version of a "MAN". It's like the sculptor approached these with the mindset that they NEED to look like they eat nails for breakfast and floss their teeth with barbed wire. Look at Thor in the banner at the top of the page! Same deal.

In my case, it's more of a "it's not bad...I guess. Oh well, at least ill have a comic-ized version of these icons." Not hating on these figures. I just wish the sculptor would tune down the testosterone and not make them look so...barbaric?

I like how with Superman people are upset that the heat vision HS look JUST LIKE the PF version, while on the Batman forum people are upset that the blue DOESN'T look like the PF. Personally I like the heat vision HS I mean ya they could've made it light up, but then there may not be an opportunity for us to get 3 heads and instead we may have only gotten two which I'd take 3 over 2 any day if it means sacrificing light up eyes (personal opinion). I completely understand that not all feel the same and you guys have every bit to not like it that's fine too, not trying to start a whole argument.

I'm stoked for this...for a few reasons. 1- I love my movie collectibles, but I want some variety. 2-I have a feeling SSc will provide us with a 1/6 scale justice league before the movie versions ever come out. 3-because this line shows a lot of promise.

That being said...I'm not too fond of the HS on both this and batman. They're a bit...rough. Like, a dude bros hyper stylistic fantasized version of a "MAN". It's like the sculptor approached these with the mindset that they NEED to look like they eat nails for breakfast and floss their teeth with barbed wire. Look at Thor in the banner at the top of the page! Same deal.

In my case, it's more of a "it's not bad...I guess. Oh well, at least ill have a comic-ized version of these icons." Not hating on these figures. I just wish the sculptor would tune down the testosterone and not make them look so...barbaric?

I guess you're not digging Bergholtz' style of sculpting faces. It's like his trademark face when not working with a live-model reference, like an artist with his generic drawing of a face you could tell he drew it. If I'm not mistaken Bergholtz sculpted SSC's 1/6 Bats and Supes and its PF counterparts, and that Thor PF you mentioned. The first thing that draws my attention whenever I see a Bergholtz sculpt (the same things that tells me it's his work), is the philtrum.

I guess you're not digging Bergholtz' style of sculpting faces. It's like his trademark face when not working with a live-model reference, like an artist with his generic drawing of a face you could tell he drew it. If I'm not mistaken Bergholtz sculpted SSC's 1/6 Bats and Supes and its PF counterparts, and that Thor PF you mentioned. The first thing that draws my attention whenever I see a Bergholtz sculpt (the same things that tells me it's his work), is the philtrum.

Yup, I think it's either too much philtrum, or it bulges out too much. This may pi$$ some of his fans off...but I think he needs to find a new trademark. I understand when something is idealized or stylized. But it needs to be done where its still appealing to the eye. And...still look human. I know this is a superman thread, but look at bats...imagine him without the cowl...mother of god is Bruce Wayne one ugly monkey.

I dunno...I think both batman and superman can still use some work on the face.

Re: Article: Re: SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Ordered faster then a Speeding Bullet!

Back