SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like this figure! Kudos to SS. I want a Supes for my collection and was looking at the HT one. Now, I'm trying to decide.

Love everything but....

SUPES.jpg

Yeah I def like this figure, but that crotch area does look a little weird. I can't wait for SSC and hot toys to start making figures for Man of Steel, so this won't be an issue anymore. I think Zack Snyder was wise to make his superman an under wear goes inside the pants kind of superhero.

I started really liking these figures, but the more I look at them the more issues I find...
I think I might just go with doing customized figures for the comics versions.
Will wait and see how these turn out in production.

I imagine SSC will eventually do a New 52 Superman, which should have a younger, non-facial hair head sculpt. If the difference in hair isn't a big deal to people, I can see that being a popular head sculpt since they decided to make Modern Superman so rugged and mature.

Overall, very nice. But I hope the S shield gets a better treatment. I don't like the black outline around it and it could be larger.

Just a thing to remember guys, they worked hard to get 5 figures done for SDCC. They aren't final yet, so don't fret about the little things like how the undies fit :lol

Sideshow is doing an incredible amount of work on these. They went through a good 3 different bodies for Bats/Supes/etc before they found ones that worked. They aren't going to drop the ball here. They want this line to be as awesome as we do :D

I hope they work on the lower half of Supes and Bats,the torso is superb but the legs look alittle thin

Like Spiderman or Batman, Superman is going to be thought of differently by different generations. I don't think there will ever be complete agreement on the quintessential Superman. I've revisited this threat a lot the last few days and I'm thoroughly convinced I'll try to pick this up if I think i can afford it. There's just so much coming out I don't know I can fit this in.

As far as I'm concerned this is the perfect Superman sculpt and I will definitely purchase this figure.

DSCN2025.JPG

If SSC can make the "S" a little bigger and get rid of the black border, I would be even happier.

Just a thing to remember guys, they worked hard to get 5 figures done for SDCC. They aren't final yet, so don't fret about the little things like how the undies fit :lol

Sideshow is doing an incredible amount of work on these. They went through a good 3 different bodies for Bats/Supes/etc before they found ones that worked. They aren't going to drop the ball here. They want this line to be as awesome as we do :D

Riiiight.. because Sideshow is so well known for the consistent production tailoring excellence. :lol

It's cool that Sideshow took some cues from the Hot Toys Christopher Reeve Superman figure when designing the costume for this. It looks fantastic.

As Buttmunch said - these are probably the earliest prototypes that Sideshow has ever let us see. They are fresh off the designers desk, so things like the shorts being a tad uneven and the "S" shield are all going to change.

This is as good a Superman figure as you're going to find IMO. I'm not a big Supes fan but this is a must have.

IMG_4717.jpg

IMG_4715.jpg

Back