SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
depending on the comic, he's yanked metallo's head off his body before. the brain is incased in a life-support system contained inside the head.

and yeah, checking the blog post about the figure

"The Sideshow Exclusive edition includes an additional swap out hand clutching the head of the cyborg supervillain, Metallo (shown left and below)."

Sweeet! Love the different head sculpts...and the Metallo head is a nice surprise. Thank you Sideshow...bring on the pre-order!

and yeah, checking the blog post about the figure

"The Sideshow Exclusive edition includes an additional swap out hand clutching the head of the cyborg supervillain, Metallo (shown left and below)."

Ah, your words ring truth. It's ashame; Brainiac would have been cooler. He's a more substantial villain for Superman than John Corben.

That's what I thought about the head too. Looks more like a Brainiac probe than Metallo's head. It does bare a resemblance to the TAS and Public Enemies Metallo version but I'll just pretend it's Brainiac tech instead :lol

Metallo? I thought it was Brainiac's skull. Metallo has a human brain in there. If Superman rips off his head won't he essentially be killing John Corben. Brainiac makes sense since he has multiples that he can download into if he is about to be killed.

Kryptonite_poisoning.jpg

You know, whereas a Metallo figure may not happen a Brainiac figure may be in the pipeline. Considering the 3 characters they've made from the Batman Universe maybe a 3 figure lineup for Supes could be:

2 villains
Lex Luthor
Brainiac
Darkseid

2 girls
Supergirl
Power Girl
Wonder Woman

I would love a Luthor with the power suit, a Hulk size Darkseid and a beautiful Wonder Woman. A cute Supergirl and a full bodied Power Girl would be welcomed.

I saw that pic on Wikipedia and as much damage as Metallo can cause, to me, he's a cybernetic hitman not on the level of a Brainiac. Brainiac is a threat to the whole planet and other planets; John Corben doesn't really go after Supes unless he is paid to plus once Supes pulls out the Krytonite heart, which he has in the past, Metallo is pretty much dead in the water. But that's just how I see it.

Maybe they made Metallo head the EX because...

... they plan to release a full 1/6 Brainiac figure? Afterall, if Bats got Joker and Harley (I consider Selina an anti-hero), Supes could get Luthor and Brainiac?

Maybe they made Metallo head the EX because...

... they plan to release a full 1/6 Brainiac figure? Afterall, if Bats got Joker and Harley (I consider Selina an anti-hero), Supes could get Luthor and Brainiac?

That's exactly what I was thinking. Please, not the 60's Brainiac with no pants. The recent Brainiac from Superman:Unbound AKA Superman:Brainiac or even the Corey Burton Brainiac from the Superman Animated Series would be welcome.

Metallo? I thought it was Brainiac's skull. Metallo has a human brain in there. If Superman rips off his head won't he essentially be killing John Corben. Brainiac makes sense since he has multiples that he can download into if he is about to be killed.

The Metallo character can be a bit confusing as he's been re-invented several times. At one point though his head was self-sustaining allowing him to survive without a body.

After looking at the pics more, I think the serious and heat vision portraits are better than the smiling portrait. I still think they're all a bit too big, but the smiling one just looks off.

I think Superman looks great! I really love the EX on this one. Super cool. I may order but at this point I have other things I want.

Back