SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly hope he'll have a heat vision head, and an effects piece would be amaing

The usual bodies with crappy knees aside, SSC's shown us that this line has great potential, that I wish this would go a long way. Well-made true 1/6 scale comic figures are long overdue, IMO.

I have to agree, to a point. Yes these are really nice 1/6 figures of the DC characters but these are as comic based as the Super Powers line from Kenner back in 1984. These are more inspired by the characters and less inspired by the comics. If these are comic figures which comics are they based on? Joker is pretty close to Brian Bolland's Joker from the Killing Joke and Catwoman looks to be somewhat based on Jim Lee's Hush but what comic is Harley based on?

But, with that being said, a quick adjustment here and there and these SSC re-imaginings can look like the characters from an actual comic. Add that with how nice they look and it's a buy for me.

I have to agree, to a point. Yes these are really nice 1/6 figures of the DC characters but these are as comic based as the Super Powers line from Kenner back in 1984. These are more inspired by the characters and less inspired by the comics. If these are comic figures which comics are they based on? Joker is pretty close to Brian Bolland's Joker from the Killing Joke and Catwoman looks to be somewhat based on Jim Lee's Hush but what comic is Harley based on?

But, with that being said, a quick adjustment here and there and these SSC re-imaginings can look like the characters from an actual comic. Add that with how nice they look and it's a buy for me.

This is an excellent point. If for example SSC decided to post a teaser for a Mike Grell version of Green Lantern or a Carmine Infantino version of Flash I would be jumping for joy.

On the other forum SSAlex answered my question regarding 1/6 scale products....

Hi SSAlex,

- Wanted to know if Sideshow as plans to continue beyond the 5 figures already announced in the sixth scale DC line?

Any plans for sixth scale Marvel ? Thank you

- I haven't heard any sixth scale DC or Marvel news, sorry.

It does not look good I guess !

100088-superman-005.jpg
100088-superman-008.jpg
1000881-superman-003.jpg
1000881-superman-002.jpg

I like it but I think the head is to big. Looks a little out of proportion to me. I will probably pass. Everything else looks good though. SSC has really come a long way.

I like that each DC figure so far has at least two head sculpts. I wonder if the Metallo ex head mean they'll make a full figure of him.

Back