SSC Superman 1/6th Scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If that's the case, why did Sideshow present their Joker as exactly what we saw at SDCC? I'm expecting better versions of all of them so.

I would imagine because he was the first planned offering. He is a basic figure on a body that is readily available. The body for Superman and Bats was a mockup and not production ready. I would rather them take their time and perfect it instead of rushing and get a floppy Indy again.

As for losing interest, I don't see how a DC Comic fan could. I've waited a long time for this line.

Bull**** that they first announced these in July 2011 and only one pre-order since. Get it together Sideshow. And for God's sake, make some figures actually based off specific arcs and artwork.

I also wish that they'd make figures based on specific art and arcs. But honestly I'd much rather have figures based on their own interpretation of the character.

As for losing interest, I don't see how a DC Comic fan could. I've waited a long time for this line.

Never get the losing interest line. If you like the character and have wanted a figure of it why cause it takes longer than you lose interest.

Because i'm mental :)

Tbh i think it's cos SS prices are a bit much for me considering the quality and i have never found a SS body i like even slightly. I have 2 superman figs plus a HT's MOS on pre-order, 4 Batman figs and a load of other DC custom figs. Besides the SS ones look a bit too cartoony for my taste.

Because i'm mental :)

Tbh i think it's cos SS prices are a bit much for me considering the quality and i have never found a SS body i like even slightly. I have 2 superman figs plus a HT's MOS on pre-order, 4 Batman figs and a load of other DC custom figs. Besides the SS ones look a bit too cartoony for my taste.

I hear you on the body, hope these are better. Still not a big fan of them either.

I would imagine because he was the first planned offering. He is a basic figure on a body that is readily available. The body for Superman and Bats was a mockup and not production ready. I would rather them take their time and perfect it instead of rushing and get a floppy Indy again.

I agree evilface

the bodies need to be perfected before we get them and they act more like limp puppets and not actionfigures.
I imagine spinal and movability are number one consern as with durability so they can stand up for the cost.

the com mockups were a spot and glue jobby to have something for presentation.
I just wish they would keep us in the loop with a status update.

besides guys Sideshow's bodies have gotten better as each reinvention moves forward. thats why i mentioned in one of my threads that bodies should be offered so people can dust off their old SSC and exchange out the bodies.

ebay won't have the bodies forever so it would be a smart move. because people would do that for their Buffy,x-files,james bond,etc

let's face it people DCD sucks a$$ with their mamoth heads and wonky bodies and they seem to be the only opt and now finlly SSC versions look a ton better and under the cost of insanity of hot toys. So asking for hot toys quality and cheeper cost does seem not logical.

the cost that people complain about keep in mind compromises need to be made. for several reason's:

costume design making high detail for basically pennies(it's a fact that seamstress/tailors are underpaid for the work not just in toys), and sculpters have to make what is with schedule so thats why some seemed rush because of the tight schedule, then painters. and thats not counting pkg, bodies,testing then a proto is produced which may change based on are reaction.

Sometimes a proto is an unmovable statue mattel was kinda bad for this and big changes got red flags.

everyone here wants SSC to step up their game and they are but cost goes up for this. the female and male bodybuilder bodies are something completly new, and have to be tested before they drop a heavy cost for a metal cast or several heavy rubber or cermic molds for mass production. I think metal molds are nolonger used for FDA reasons.

it's not like Triad where their new females are for 59.99 with moderatly ok heads and they live under the delusion their stepping up their game.

SSC has good reasons for taking steps. Im assuming the issues we have is excitment, anxiety and fear that the bodies won't work for the cost(again reason why bodies should be availabe "just saying"),

What might slow the roll of this is if someone from SSC makes a thread for these remaining 1st wave dc: Superman,Batman,Harley Quinn, and Catwoman. and post updates and maybe tell us what's going on some of us might have solutions for probs. to speed things up.

2083631-Darkseid.jpg

Since Justice League movie is Just around the corner I think Darkseid Should be on their minds because this guy is taller than SSC scale of 12" he is taller than superman in comic's at least a foot or two taller.
so 13.5-15" tall. DC direct did one which looks odd at best because the proportions are condenced like he suffers from dwarfism with stunted arms and legs. Sideshow is kinda on a roll so Id say give it a go, because it will be baught considering he would have to have an body all of his own.

This guy is on everyones x-mas list if he is done correctly and to scale, alot of use like this particular darkseid why mess with the classic look. Eyes will need to light up so their might need to be a place for watch batteries somewhere.

13.5-15" tall. DC direct did one which looks odd at best because the proportions are condenced like he suffers from dwarfism with stunted arms and legs. Sideshow is kinda on a roll so Id say give it a go, because it will be baught considering he would have to have an body all of his own.

My Brother has that Darkseid figure and took pics with the Reeve Superman.

photo4-1.jpg~original

photo2-5.jpg~original

photo4.jpg~original

Damn I'm late to this party, but that Superman HS looks absolutely gorgeous.

I agree with what has been said about both the crotch and the black outlining on the "S", apart from that, the suit and the body fit perfectly IMO.

I wanted the HT MoS Supes but, there's so much wrong with it, like most HT figures it looks lifeless, this will definitely be my definitive Superman figure.

I'm guessing no release date yet right?

I'm stoked for this line and hope it doesn't just end with supes and bats. I want GL, I want flash! For the love of god I just want 1/6 representations of the DC universe.

As much as I love my HT movie collection, especially Dc related...the movie offerings are damn slim. I want movie GL. I want a movie flash...OMG wouldn't it be awesome if they produced the tv show version?

Sigh...anyway, like I said, looking forward to it.

Yeah, I know it's far fetched but a Dark Knight Returns Batman could give me stroke.

I can live with the black outline but, it would be much better if they would just remove it and make the emblem a little bigger and maybe the cape a little longer.

But for me, personally, the HS already makes the figure worth a price tag of around $150 to eeeeven $200 if they are douchey enough to charge that much :lol hopefully Supes will be cheaper than J and Harley since it doesn't need many accessories, maybe a heat vision HS? :pray:

Back