Statue SSC Storm Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems to me SS even doubted this piece by making th EX price 199. I don't mind mohawk Storm but I would much rather her in a bad ass attack pose, like throwing a lightning bolt or summoning clouds. The pose is my main complaint with the piece.

That said those who don't mind the pose should jump on it because Storm is kick ass.

Well said fborecki. Storm as a character does kick @ss, but the pose on this is very awkward looking. I think she needs some Gas-X.

stormfart.jpg

Seems to me SS even doubted this piece by making th EX price 199. I don't mind mohawk Storm but I would much rather her in a bad ass attack pose, like throwing a lightning bolt or summoning clouds. The pose is my main complaint with the piece.

That said those who don't mind the pose should jump on it because Storm is kick ass.

That would have been interesting...and inaccurate, because she didn't have her powers during most of the period she had the mohawk. But I'm sure you already knew that. right?

That would have been interesting...and inaccurate, because she didn't have her powers by the time she had the mohawk. But I'm sure you already knew that. right?

Great point but it basically begs another question then...was her powers at the time to sneek walk? Cause the current statue doesn't demonstrate any personality. The action poses mentioned were examples, the point was an action pose would make this piece a bigger hit for both SS in sales but most importantly a great piece for all Storm fans collectors. Basically now the fan base is split between how much do you like punk Storm and not how awesome is the statue.

Storm fans will get this piece for sure.

Anyways Not every piece must be for everybody IMO, so if you (anybody) don't like/don't want to buy this version it's ok, Storm is a very popular character and I'm sure there will be many more pieces to be released, eventually.

Storm fans will get this piece for sure.

Anyways Not every piece must be for everybody IMO, so if you /anybody) don't like it/don't want to buy this version it's ok, Storm is a very popular character and I'm sure there will be many more, eventually.

Absolutely agreed. And when a statue that doesn't suit others tastes comes out they too will simply voice their opinion on the topic and the reason is we all want EVERY statue to rock. Again I totally dig Storm and punk Storm to boot so I just wish they gave her more charm. Just an opinion and if others love it, totally ok. Others make mean a dislike of a statue as hating on those who like it, but I mean it on the contrary. IMO this punk Storm had the potential of SO much more. This goes back to what you said not every statue is for every collector but a Simone statue is meant for every fan of that specific character. So those who like Punk Storm but don't like something about this now have to wait for an undetermined time for another one. Basically everything on these forums aside from statue specs, to pricing ect... are opinions that need to be spoken so hopefully SS hears that it didn't necessarily hit the mark with some fans and did for others. Without this back and forth SS basically just has sales to go off of and that shouldn't be what we all want them to focus on. Creativity, dynamic poses, amazing craftsmanship I think should be expected from all statues and if anyone feels it missed the mark in any of those categories, it should be talked about.

Barb's new theme song...
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QJYjr-vUKZM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
:rock :exactly: I used to be what was called "punk" back in high school and always loved the punk rock girls! Hell, I loved pretty much any girl! :peace

May I just remind peeps that there is no room for insulting members/mods or another forum here.
It's none of our business what happens elsewhere.
If you want to discuss those things, take it to pm's and leave the threads here alone.

Many thanks.
shell
x :peace

I think she's supposed to be creeping ... remember she is a thief.

This is my favorite version of my favorite character, so of course I ordered it, but I can sympathize with those who would have preferred a different approach. Hopefully we'll get museum pose statues from Bowen of the Byrne and JrJr versions soon enough.

LOve the style the paints and the sculpting but the pose is really weak. I mean if you dont know who Storm is and you see this piece you would just think its a punk rock black chic. Wish she was doin a little somethin "Stormy" not tiptoeing around. I know its true to the artists work but come on,,,

Back