Statue SSC Storm Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the big thing I wasn't completely sure about was the pose. I couldn't see how the source art could be translated properly into a successful statuary figure. I was narrow in that way of thinking. I actually think this piece is quite nice and will be ordering for the following reasons.

I have awaited a punk rock Storm , especially one from SS, since I started collecting many years ago. I didn't think it would ever happen, now here it is. I think she looks marvelous. Her eyes are stark and stunning. I was thinking of painting mine white at first, but think I'll just stick with the original paint app since I like it so much. The lips are plump, glossy and mighty kissable (yeah I said that about a statue! So what? :)). I appreciate the dramatic positioning of her hands, as she seems ready to either take to the sky or blast someone with lightning or both!

On the other hand, I still think the jawline could be softened a bit, but it's not a deal breaker. It gives her a tougher look really. The base may take some getting used to, but I do see why they went this route, and it's also no deal breaker. You can't beat that price or that sweet EX ES either! Therefore, you can bet your ass I will be ordering the EX!

Anyways, here's the hi res pics...

Well said.

And check out the bubble butt on Ororo :naughty
I am diggin' that hiney! :hi5:
Very coherent post Barb. I agree with you about the pose. I always thought that the print looked rather boring, but for some reason they have been able to improve it and I really feel what you mention about her being about to take to the sky, in the middle of a fight, and not just posing as a beautiful damsel in distress

As for the face sculpt, I still don't like it from the angle that was shown in the preview pic, but the truth is that I love it in the other pics. I will be ordering for sure, but not from Sideshow though as I live in the EU and we can usually get non-EX way cheaper.
:exactly:!!!

I wouldn't blame you for not going EX on this one. Honestly, the source art has never been to my liking anyways. I just can't help but go EX every time. It's a disease really.

Warriors come out and play. The exclusive will also include a glow in the dark Crylon spray paint can.

warriors.jpg

I've been waiting to use that forever :yess:

I told myself if she is under 200 I would be open to it. Well it is...and I am pretty sure I will be ordering her. Its a very unique depiction and I appreciate it. I dont like the control art but I already made a fuss when they released Sue Storm. Yeah, the buns are nice. Would like to see more.

Not my thing at all. Cool for those who wanted punk storm. I'm glad Sideshow bats left field with some of their choices. Go Earth X, SS!!

this looks 100 times better than Sue imo,:lecture but the punk mohawk hair just doesn't do anything for me.

i think the base is plain but is a great idea of incorporating the print design into the base.

i guess i'm on the edge for this one, but don't think i'll be ordering since i didn't get Sue and think i'll just stay away from this line unless something blows my socks off.:dunno

this looks 100 times better than Sue imo,:lecture but the punk mohawk hair just doesn't do anything for me.

i think the base is plain but is a great idea of incorporating the print design into the base.

i guess i'm on the edge for this one, but don't think i'll be ordering since i didn't get Sue and think i'll just stay away from this line unless something blows my socks off.:dunno
Well, some folks say this line is all about blowing... or sucking. I am ordering this piece. The mohawk reminds of some of the punk chicks I dated and/or hung out with in high school. It just feels so homey. :)

That, and I always loved this version of Storm.

Last edited:
Will pass on this.. Just not the Storm I know. Shall wait for the Jim lee version.

I still think this piece is awesome now that it got its full reveal. The pose is awesome and not like some generic one. I can see her coming out of a tunnel or small area and into a large opening. And she is looking cautiously around. The base is a dynamic one with some motif; somewhat similiar to Sue Storm's base. So you can display both together. Only thing I don't like about Sue is her face/head. But this Storm is extra nice because of her sculpted leather and her head is as punk as it gets. I do wish I have the courage to just shave my head one day; just like when Storm meet someone during Wolverine's wedding in Japan that influenced her to be carefree.

Back