1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the part that fit`s the socket is a little on the small side which would make the HT sculpt look like a bobble head. but i put some masking tape around the ball where the neck socket would sit so to fatten it up a little so the neck wouldn't fit so loose and wobble

I kitbashed an Endor Luke with this figure's helmeted head, poncho, and boots. Someone came over and was like 'oh you got an Endor Rebel trooper figure?'

They didn't recognize it at Luke at all next to the Hot Toys figures haha.

I still prefer this over the hot toys figure. The hot toys head looks very odd to me especially the hair.

Glad I dug into this thread a little bit. All I wanted was a Luke Endor to go with the eventual Leia. I never liked the Hot Toys toothy figure and had held off. Pics in this thread convinced me that it was good enough. I also had a $25 off coupon and free shipping on this.

This was one of my first buys in 1/6 scale, the previous owner had swapped out the black suit for a hot toys version, I was impressed with the quality of the figure
1jcn72Wl.jpg

I agree it's another super-lackluster head from Sideshow, but I think it has more to do with the quite poorly sculpted hair than the face sculpt and likeness. I'm trying an extra HT ROTJ hairpiece I have to find out if that improves it.

The hair on this almost looks like a Black Series 6" hairpiece blown up to 1/6 scale - it just lacks any finer detail or subtlety.

Just like previous recent Sideshow efforts (X-wing and Snowspeeder versions,) I do think there's a decent chunk of Hamill likeness in this face sculpt, but a bad-to-awful hair sculpt, slightly soft face sculpt detail and subpar paint apps kind of sink it.

This was one of my first buys in 1/6 scale, the previous owner had swapped out the black suit for a hot toys version, I was impressed with the quality of the figure
1jcn72Wl.jpg

Yeah, some people (I wasn't among them) thought the Sideshow pants/shirt were better than the HT versions, so I assume the seller thought that, so bought the SSC figure and swapped the HT clothes onto it, then on-sold it.

Overall, there are some nice aspects to the SSC figure. The boots are an interesting innovation, even if they don't quite work as they should.

Sorry but this looks nothing like Luke. How people see Hamill in this but not HT is nuts.

Yeah. Like TaliBane says, there is a bit of likeness in the face and it’s the cartoony hair that lets it down.
With good lighting and a decent pose, the head can look passably like Luke. But it’s still far away from the HT sculpt.

Sorry but this looks nothing like Luke. How people see Hamill in this but not HT is nuts.

100% agree. I mean, people are allowed to like what they like...but anyone comparing this to the HT and deciding it's a superior figure...I have to believe it's someone trying to feel better about their wrong choice and not being patient enough to wait for the Hot Toys version. The cloak stitching is awful, the saber blade looks like a jolly rancher stick, and the sculpt looks nothing, yes, truly nothing at all, like Mark/Luke. If you take the head sculpt off the body and show it to a Star Wars fan and ask who it is, I'm going to bet nearly no one will say "Luke Skywalker". Sorry, not sorry, just a truly poor release on Sideshow's part.

The Endor helmeted sculpt is definitely better than the un-helmeted sculpt and I think makes this figure a winner. I don't like the HT "big teeth" look on their deluxe Luke and this was a good price with $20 off and free shipping. If you want it for more than the Endor Luke look, might not be for you.

Yeah. Like TaliBane says, there is a bit of likeness in the face and it?s the cartoony hair that lets it down.
With good lighting and a decent pose, the head can look passably like Luke. But it?s still far away from the HT sculpt.

I dropped the HT hair onto the SSC head just to see (the head is just resting up on the neck peg, so is sitting a bit high.) Hairpiece may need to be moved a bit lower.

FYI the eyebrows I'm going to retouch, so you can see a tiny bit of paint missing on them.

d6HyLnz.jpg

I dropped the HT hair onto the SSC head just to see (the head is just resting up on the neck peg, so is sitting a bit high.) Hairpiece may need to be moved a bit lower.

FYI the eyebrows I'm going to retouch, so you can see a tiny bit of paint missing on them.

d6HyLnz.jpg

I'd say that improves the figure to "almost passible" as a Luke, but nothing more. And I feel I'm being generous with "almost". Also looks like that sculpt hasn't slept in 4 days. My opinion only.

Yeah, I see the Michael Shannon/Christopher Walken likeness a bit too much to see Hamill. It seems similar to the Snowspeeder Luke sculpt but that one seems to work okay with the helmet on.

Back