1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, that's the bone from the first SSC release. Thanks for the compliments on the photos. It's all patience, futzing and lighting. :)
It's all about the figure. No tricks.

I did a deal with a member here for the helmeted headsculpt and poncho, and just put it on a $10 Hasbro speeder bike.
Wow.
I can definitely confirm what others here have said when they say the likeness of the helmeted head is far stronger in person. I don't know what's going on with my iPhone, but when i look at the head on a figure, sat on the speeder, it looks far superior to the effect i get when taking a photo of the same thing.

Having some more fun with this figure. The more I pose and snap, the better it looks (at least to me).

SSC-ROTJ-LUKEv2-033.jpg

This figure in hand is actually very, very strong! He does look much better than I had initially thought from seeing the production photos. In hand he is an amazing figure, especially if you do the boot and foot mod to him.

I have both now, and can safely say that the Sideshow one is better, the only gripe I have is the hair is painted better on the hot toys figure. I am the worst photographer in the world but here they are together.

60295150_603788033451210_8013888561738678272_n.jpg

60597353_636847060115793_5934778409384148992_n.jpg

60343860_725965751139144_5925733319927922688_n.jpg

60355284_333173570714700_5679139825622450176_n.jpg

Yeah he's a solid figure....no where near the crapfest some have made it out to be...happy to have him(and the HotToys version) in the collection.

I have both now, and can safely say that the Sideshow one is better, the only gripe I have is the hair is painted better on the hot toys figure. I am the worst photographer in the world but here they are together.

View attachment 454025

View attachment 454026

View attachment 454027

View attachment 454028

It's funny - I just yesterday happened to notice my SSC Luke w/Endor helmet head and thought - meh, dat face.:lol

It's a weird sculpt/head for sure - when I see it for the first time in a while it's a negative reaction but I pick it up and repose etc and it seems cool again.:dunno It really does have a decent amount of Hamill in there.

I almost wonder how this SSC Luke Jedi face would fare in say the Hoth hat or X-Wing helmet - ie where it neither had the original hair nor the Endor helmet as surrounds. The hair is weird (too coarsely sculpted and painted maybe) and the endor helmet is unfortunately a little on the small side.

Re: the post above, I honestly can't say how anyone could prefer the SSC head to the HT one - while there's a lot I like about the SSC head, they really are in different classes to me. But I do love that this fig has found some fans, and there are several aspects that are clearly superior to the HT version.

It's funny - I just yesterday happened to notice my SSC Luke w/Endor helmet head and thought - meh, dat face.:lol

It's a weird sculpt/head for sure - when I see it for the first time in a while it's a negative reaction but I pick it up and repose etc and it seems cool again.:dunno It really does have a decent amount of Hamill in there.

I almost wonder how this SSC Luke Jedi face would fare in say the Hoth hat or X-Wing helmet - ie where it neither had the original hair nor the Endor helmet as surrounds. The hair is weird (too coarsely sculpted and painted maybe) and the endor helmet is unfortunately a little on the small side.

Re: the post above, I honestly can't say how anyone could prefer the SSC head to the HT one - while there's a lot I like about the SSC head, they really are in different classes to me. But I do love that this fig has found some fans, and there are several aspects that are clearly superior to the HT version.

Just curious what aspects you see that are superior to HT? Not being smart-alecky, I just see the figure, the headsculpt, the odd looking cape, the figures side by side and I just don't see it. At all. Glad folks like it but i still feel SS indeed released a crap-fest that was talked about in this thread. Just too much work and effort to try and paint this as superior to Hot Toys. Nothing wrong with loving a figure, but the headsculpts side by side, nah. Not at all.

Just curious what aspects you see that are superior to HT? Not being smart-alecky, I just see the figure, the headsculpt, the odd looking cape, the figures side by side and I just don't see it. At all. Glad folks like it but i still feel SS indeed released a crap-fest that was talked about in this thread. Just too much work and effort to try and paint this as superior to Hot Toys. Nothing wrong with loving a figure, but the headsculpts side by side, nah. Not at all.

The Jumpsuit is superior on the Sideshow....better proportions....but the rest .. Hot Toys one is by far much better.Just my opinion
57d782e2a7421325a17f98b3d7667117.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

The Sideshow Luke comes with TWO gloved hands (what a concept for Luke Jedi, right!) - the HT comes with none except a gloved fist. I prefer the Sideshow vest, though I can see how others might just as well like the HT vest better.

And the Sideshow blaster is a little better scaled than the HT one, which is a smidge underscale (I'd prefer both to be larger, but the Sideshow blaster isn't as noticeably undersized as the HT is. The paint on the Sideshow blaster might be a tad better to my eye, but both are decent.

I also like the sideshow head better, the hot toys head looks really weird. I'd love the paint job on the hair that hot toys did, but the head on the SSC one is better in my eyes.

Fair enough, and thank you for the replies. My opinion isn't the "right" opinion by any means, simply my own, and I wanted to see what others felt now that it's been out a while.

Also the sideshow vest and under suit are actually better and look better in person. hot toys boots are better, but i modded my sideshow to have one piece boots.

Yeah the boots on this fig were an interesting idea but not something that could have worked with such slender boots. They are too fat (around the calf I mean) and the joint really doesn't work. Fortunately if you just pose them neutrally you can't see the joint but the fatness is there.

Some really nicely sculpted plastic (slender/tall) black boots would have been awesome and looked better than the HT pleather versions, but alas it wasn't meant to be.

pop the sideshow boots off, and pop on another pair that is not two part. it is relatively easy and looks really good once you swap them out. Mine has feet inside the boots that i added to the ball joints on the sideshow body then i just slid new boots on and he looks waaaaaay better.

Back