1/6 SSC ROTJ Luke Skywalker Deluxe Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I get mine, I’ll probably part some of it out. And unlike scalpers I won’t rape people — I hate that s#$t. Once I check it out, I’ll let you know, and you can PM for details.

The hasbro bike is about 20% oversized (esp width-wise) compared with high end 1/6 figures but it really was Hasbro's best 12" offering.

$70 for the helmeted head and $40 for the poncho - ugh.:lol You'd think those might be joining Tarkin's $100 uniform on the "slow sellers list" but maybe not.:dunno

Beats the heck outta paying over 3 bills for the SS one,which I think looks too small, I dunno I like it.

I have the SSC speeder bike...I'll pull it out of the display and get a shot or two with Luke on it over the weekend.

I'm actually really digging this figure.

SSC-ROTJ-LUKEv2-015.jpg

It's reminding me of the the old days when the first SSC version came out and the "spirited" discussions that accompanied that release. For all it's faults, it was a fun figure at the time. This one is coming across the same way to me.

SSC-ROTJ-LUKEv2-014.jpg

I'll keep some shots coming... :)

Nice pix keep em coming
Now I do see how the Hasbro bike is a little big but it'll do for now.
Having fun playing with this fig and the bike, it looks friggen killer.

Toy Anxiety is obviously reading these threads...This figure begs to be parted out.

I have special criticism permission because I've crossed $1500 in two months with TA.:horror:lol

The point I was inferring is if you want something parts wise, try to get it on the first go-round because if it sells out fast, it will go up in price in subsequent part-outs. As an example I bought a TOD Indy head for $45 but in much later part-outs it was $60 or over (I didn't notice the price on the latest surprise TOD part out they did in the past week.)

Nice pix keep em coming
Now I do see how the Hasbro bike is a little big but it'll do for now.
Having fun playing with this fig and the bike, it looks friggen killer.

What I did was built a slightly oversized Biker Scout (like 12 1/2" tall, slightly bulkier) to match the slightly ovrsized Hasbro bike (see pic below). This SSC Luke Jedi feels a bit taller/bigger vs the HT so maybe putting him on a taller body and with the poncho in place it might match the hasbro bike okay.

And yeah, the SSC bike's undersized handlebars make it seem too small overall - the speeder bike is a very tough one to judge scale on anyway partly due to the slight mismatch in the full size prop vs the models.

5ILbR5h.jpg

I'm pairing this up with a SSC bike that will have Endor Luke (I have the SSC helmeted head on the way) but will put the Luke one in foreground so the hasbro bike further back looks slightly smaller.

Please share the recipe of that scout. Looks great.

Thanks, as I mentioned, keep in mind the whole thing was designed to be overscale due to the hasbro bike being overscale - it's a DeAgostini helmet (which is by far the most accurate Scout helmet - no other 1/6 helmet so far comes close - but it's maybe 15% too large for a regular 1/6 scale figure) on a bigger/bulkier old Dragon body with pretty heavily modded Hasbro parts, HT Snowtrooper pouches and the Sideshow belt. I do have some Sideshow Scout boots on the way to redo the boot treads, which are kind of unique.

What's interesting is I display this right next to other regular 1/6 figures and the slight scale difference isn't apparent - scale is weird with 1/6. I have a custom Indy on horse which I did the same thing with (horse was a bigger 1/6 white horse, so I used one of the old overscale Sideshow heads and created a 12 1/2" tall slightly overscale Indy to go with it) and it's also able to be displayed next to regular 1/6 Indy figs and the scale looks the same. Almost like an illusion or something.

My guess is we will see a HT Scout Trooper announced at SDCC this year, so it will be nice to finally have a really accurate helmet sculpt to go with all this Endor Luke goodness.

That scout is beautiful!

Here's Luke speeding through the forest.... (SSC ROTJ LUKE v2 on SSC Speeder Bike)

SSC-ROTJ-LUKEv2-018.jpg

I think he looks pretty decent on this bike "as is"...

SSC-ROTJ-LUKEv2-016.jpg

SSC-ROTJ-LUKEv2-017.jpg

(the trees are a little threadbare, but hey, we had sun and it was almost 30 out...not quite Endor, but it'll do)

I have special criticism permission because I've crossed $1500 in two months with TA.:horror:lol

The point I was inferring is if you want something parts wise, try to get it on the first go-round because if it sells out fast, it will go up in price in subsequent part-outs. As an example I bought a TOD Indy head for $45 but in much later part-outs it was $60 or over (I didn't notice the price on the latest surprise TOD part out they did in the past week.)

What I did was built a slightly oversized Biker Scout (like 12 1/2" tall, slightly bulkier) to match the slightly ovrsized Hasbro bike (see pic below). This SSC Luke Jedi feels a bit taller/bigger vs the HT so maybe putting him on a taller body and with the poncho in place it might match the hasbro bike okay.

And yeah, the SSC bike's undersized handlebars make it seem too small overall - the speeder bike is a very tough one to judge scale on anyway partly due to the slight mismatch in the full size prop vs the models.

5ILbR5h.jpg

I'm pairing this up with a SSC bike that will have Endor Luke (I have the SSC helmeted head on the way) but will put the Luke one in foreground so the hasbro bike further back looks slightly smaller.

Brilliant ! That looks great !
is that really the Hasbro bike? Incredible.

The point I was inferring is if you want something parts wise, try to get it on the first go-round because if it sells out fast, it will go up in price in subsequent part-outs. As an example I bought a TOD Indy head for $45 but in much later part-outs it was $60 or over (I didn't notice the price on the latest surprise TOD part out they did in the past week.).

I was the one who bought that last Indy head, and it was $69. So yeah the price definitely got increased!

He does look good! But can you achieve a hunched over posture like he would’ve had when he was driving it fast?

Not quite. The figure doesn't have the necessary neck articulation like the biker scout does to position the head like it's looking forward. Any more of a hunch and he's stuck looking down.

Not quite. The figure doesn't have the necessary neck articulation like the biker scout does to position the head like it's looking forward. Any more of a hunch and he's stuck looking down.

That’s too bad. I reckon even the HT Jedi Luke would have the same problem.

Back