SSC OOM-9 Battle Droid Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In 32 BBY, a Trade Federation OOM command battle droid with masculine programming guarded the Theed Hangar during the Trade Federation's occupation of the planet Naboo. The OOM command battle droid tried to arrest Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn but was destroyed by the Jedi.

Does not compute.

Does not compute.

Droids, especially those with complex personalities and those which worked in close partnerships with organic beings, such as protocol droids and astromech droids, were often programmed to have stereotypically masculine or feminine personalities. Thus, even mechanical beings were usually designated he or she.

i think it easy to say-OOM were a number of designated Command Droids-OOM-1,2,3 etc...OOM-9 being the star of ALL OOMs cause he was hunting the Binks Master ;)

There are many, but these are the ones which stand out with names

224 was an OOM command battle droid who served in the Mission to Rugosa against Jedi Master Yoda.
OLR-4 was an OOM command battle droid stationed aboard the Trade Federation Lucrehulk-class freighter Revenue
OOM-9 was a B1 battle droid created by Baktoid Combat Automata prior to the invasion of the planet Naboo in 32 BBY. OOM-9 was selected to serve as a command battle droid for the invasion, leading Trade Federation forces into battle and achieving great success during the early stages of the campaign
OOM-14 was an OOM command battle droid in the Trade Federation Droid Army during the invasion of the planet Naboo. He was in charge of one of the invasion forces that occupied the planet.
OWO-1 was an OOM command battle droid sent to make sure the dioxis gas in a conference room onboard the Saak'ak had killed Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn

Droids, especially those with complex personalities and those which worked in close partnerships with organic beings, such as protocol droids and astromech droids, were often programmed to have stereotypically masculine or feminine personalities. Thus, even mechanical beings were usually designated he or she.

I get that I just don't view them as very masculine, in the traditional sense.

561px-OOMCommander20questions.jpg

"Where are you taking them?"
"To Coruscant."
"Coruscant? Uh, that doesn't compute. Uh, wait, uh, you're under arrest!"
―The OOM command battle droid and Qui-Gon Jinn[src]

In 32 BBY, a Trade Federation OOM command battle droid with masculine programming guarded the Theed Hangar during the Trade Federation's occupation of the planet Naboo. The OOM command battle droid tried to arrest Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn but was destroyed by the Jedi.

thanks for posting that, Eti!

Hehe alright so I got my OOM droids mixed up! But how many of you are actually gonna wait for one of those tanks to display your OOM-9? Or are you gonna display him with your other Battle Droids like in this scene up here, huh?? HUH???

Rest my case. OOM-9 or not, it's the same disposable commander droid.

Hell, I've been sayin' since the beginnin' that these are troop-builders just like the regular BDs and I am gonna get a few squads together.

Then when I get a tank...I'll actually display one as 00M-9.

I'm going to display him with the other two in a detolf, with this green grass wallpaper as the back drop

17347d1144471841-upload-your-wallpaper-creations-to-aoafiles-green-grass.jpg

And I'm going to cover the stands and shelf with this Handmade Dark Green Grass Mat I brought off ebay
dollhouse_995a.jpg

Why do these remotely-activated droids even need a Commander? Lucas was just screwing with us...

But anyway - It says 'Sideshow Exclusive'. What's the exclusive part?

I got an email from Sideshow about the exclusive droid set being available again but because of my slow email, I got the notice 2 hours later than they sent it so I missed out once again.

Poop :(

That EX is pointlessly redundant. Who needs 3 droid backpacks or cares what # it is?

Too bad OOM9 doesn't qualify for today's $15 discount.

My detolf is ready now

gallery_5391_55_495316.jpg
I remember your post mentioning how you were going to display these guys. Looks fantastic, eti! I'm not a huge fan of these droids but your display really makes them look good (really effective at evoking TPM). Great work.

Last edited:
That's pretty sweet!

I wonder if there would be away to keep them stable w/o the black stands? One thought would be to drill holes in the detolf bottom and insert clear arms... or course that's a permanent display so it might not work.

I wouldn't think the BDs need any kind of a stand. Mine have been standing solid for like 8 months.

Is anyone having problems with shelf diving BDs?

I have mine on a shelf that is floor standing and a bit wobbly when people walk by, so I did put them on stands.

Back