SSC New Darth Maul Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this photo by steve on facebook. Looks pretty sweet, lighting makes him look a bit strange! Keen for some new pics
1a2d523890b4f18edf1486a57a78478d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sculpt was better on V1 and paint work too. The teeth killed V1 and to me the eyes kill this one. I think V1 has an edge but price is an issue now.

Sculpt was better on V1 and paint work too. The teeth killed V1 and to me the eyes kill this one. I think V1 has an edge but price is an issue now.

Realllly bro? I mean, i know so many people who sold their V1 to get this and i used to have the V1 but could never warm up to it.. this one i think looks excellent. Even compared to Phils in the video, looks incredible next to it!

I agree to the extent that yes, the sculpt on v1 was better but I believe the likeness is better in v2. If v2 had the same level of detail in the skin texturing as the 1st bust I think it would be unmatched in the hobby.

I could never get over the teeth and the eyes on v1 which is why I sold that one for Cyberman's sculpt. Phil absolutely nailed Park's likeness with that effort but I feel it is a tad undersized.

This new bust hits all the checkmarks for me personally, and it is a keeper. I even think the eyes are well done and appreciate them shifting the pupils off to the side versus a straight on look.

All that said, I think its overpriced based purely on the very lightweight, hollow, fiberglass casting. It looks great but does not "feel" like a 1k+ piece.

I definitely respect your opinions on this bust and understand your criticisms on it.

Phil definitely hit Park’s likeness. Sideshow as usual did the artistic interpretation while not capturing Park but a generic Zabrak. The eyes look nothing like Maul and are unrealistic. I’m tempted to get this being a huge Maul fan but that’s the only reason. For the price it’s not spot on. Should be more accurate and could’ve put a wire on the hood too.

I think of the three main busts out there, original Sideshow, Cyberman and the new Sideshow, the new Sideshow one looks the best.

I disliked the teeth on the first one and the Cyberman also has weird mixed media and the expression looks lifeless.

I believe the new Sideshow piece is idealized, but has enough of Ray Park to look recognizable.

I think of the three main busts out there, original Sideshow, Cyberman and the new Sideshow, the new Sideshow one looks the best.

I disliked the teeth on the first one and the Cyberman also has weird mixed media and the expression looks lifeless.

I believe the new Sideshow piece is idealized, but has enough of Ray Park to look recognizable.

I agree man. The price on the new one is a bit crazy but i used so many rewards that it was so much cheaper.... i think thats where a lot of people are critizing this piece and thats fair. Im blown away by what ive seen so far!

I am hearing the mixed media is quite disappointing...

I think we'll need to see better examples. All of the photos we've seen so far have been right out of the box. The cloak is very wrinkled and looks pretty crappy.

In the video Sideshow made about a year ago featuring the bust, the material looked great. When you look at the production photos on the site, it looks to be exactly the same as that video.

We'll need some photos of these with a little TLC to the cloak.

Yeah the mixed media could’ve easily have added a wire in the hood. I have $600 in RP so it’ll help with costs but not in love with this piece like I should be. Also not knowing how limited it is isn’t preventing me too.

Yeah the mixed media could’ve easily have added a wire in the hood. I have $600 in RP so it’ll help with costs but not in love with this piece like I should be. Also not knowing how limited it is isn’t preventing me too.

Wouldn't the wire make it look less film accurate? I believe the hood he wears in the film is flimsy and just drapes over his head.

Back