SSC - Marvel - 1:6 scale Wolverine figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ehhh. The switch out arms thing is really cool and the proportions look great but the tailoring on the costume, accessories, and face sculpt leave a lot to be desired. Wolvie should probably see a dentist about that massive underbite.

Also, that price is utterly absurd - especially when I see stuff like HT's Ant-Man cheaper right out of the gate. The difference in quality on the outfits and sculpted detail is night and day.

HMMM . . .

Is the $249.99 USD price "justified" for what is being offered/presented with the disclaimer "Item shown is a prototype. When shipped, the final production piece may differ in appearance."?

What's up with Sideshow's shipping?

After reading extravagant quotes I did a test order and it came up as $54.64.

In the past $40 was the maximum, and that's been for Stormtroopers and the odd case of R2-D2.

Is this a sign of things to come?

What's up with Sideshow's shipping?

After reading extravagant quotes I did a test order and it came up as $54.64.

In the past $40 was the maximum, and that's been for Stormtroopers and the odd case of R2-D2.

Is this a sign of things to come?

Same thing with me (Greece). Last year, it was around 40€. A few months ago it crept up to 50€. Now, it's 80€! 80€ shipping for this Wolverine! Meanwhile, Popcultcha, which is based in Australia, has 30€ shipping...

Man.

I'm loving EVERYTHING about this figure in concept (Muramasa sword, costume, boots, etc.) and even if the execution is off a bit or cheap that could all be modified but my gosh, the MOUTHS on these head sculpts! Good grief WHY? I'd only ever use the masked version because the unmasked is just too cartoonishly goofy, but even on that what is the possible point of the awful teeth and fangs?? I mean, geez, he's not an ACTUAL animal. It could be so bad-a** if there was just some way to fix that mouth. Even the mouth on the Premium Format figure is worlds better.

Does another Wolverine 1/6th head exist that is compatible and could be modified to match this?

Same thing with me (Greece). Last year, it was around 40€. A few months ago it crept up to 50€. Now, it's 80€! 80€ shipping for this Wolverine! Meanwhile, Popcultcha, which is based in Australia, has 30€ shipping...

Same here in Canada. SSC 1/6 figures used to ship for $30... now it's $40.

Shipping to Arizona used to be 10.00, now around 21.00. I can drive to Sideshow in a few hours. Makes no sense. Thanks Sideshow for saving me money. I had high hopes for this line. But after green lantern and Gotham bats quality, plus these high prices, getting easier to pass on figures more each day.

After reading some of the comments over the last couple of days I've come to the conclusion that some of you have no idea how Wolverine looks in the comics. You see Hugh Jackman in the movies and think, gee, why doesn't Wolvie look more like that?:ohbfrank:

After reading some of the comments over the last couple of days I've come to the conclusion that some of you have no idea how Wolverine looks in the comics. You see Hugh Jackman in the movies and think, gee, why doesn't Wolvie look more like that?:ohbfrank:

I think the hs is ok, and it's growing on me. While it's hard to say any comic character looks a certain way because of the variety of artists that depict them, I don't think this looks like Wolverine. Its the most like Frank Miller's version, but he drew maybe less than 10 comics starring Wolverine. Marc Silvestri drew the character from '87-'93, probably the longest tenured artist, and the figures portrait bears no resemblence. It's disappointing to me, but overall I'm just amazed and excited we're getting a 1980's 1/6 canucklehead. Pretty much a grail figure for me.

I don’t believe any increases in shipping from FedEx or UPS warrants the significant shipping cost increases everyone is chiming in about thus far unless the shipping prices are indeed and truly estimates for the time being and a more accurate and reasonable shipping price is actually calculated and charged when the figure ships out next year.

If the higher shipping cost is indeed accurate, then I can only guess Sideshow now feels entitled to charge a higher shipping cost for whatever reasons on their end and pass it along to customers. I doubt they truly believe their die hard drone customers will not order or cancel their order (lest they forgo their NRD) just because of shipping and their customer service representatives very likely have been instructed not to credit/refund under any circumstances.

It’s another ongoing cash grab out of greed and indifference towards customers (i.e. if you don’t like it, then don’t buy it because another dumb customer will buy it).

That price is ridiculous. $250 + crazy shipping for what looks like a big Mego figure? All of these comic book style figures should be $200 or less.

Sideshow's shipping prices are ridiculous. I don't buy that they don't pad their shipping prices when just about anywhere else will ship similar sized items for considerably less.

That price is ridiculous. $250 + crazy shipping for what looks like a big Mego figure?

4367926785_fa5327cdaa_o_d.jpg

w2.jpg

Wow! You're right. Indistinguishable. Good catch. :hi5:

Some comparisons shots due to the controversy over Logan's face and teeth:

Wolverine1.png

Wolverine2.png

Wolverine3.png

Wolverine4.png

It seems to be based mainly on Frank Miller's work. I personally love it. He looks very Canadian, ferocious, and Wolveriney. :clap

Back