SSC - Marvel - 1:6 scale Wolverine figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks to me to be inspired by the first Chris Claremont/Frank Miller Wolverine mini series cover:
View attachment 195351
Fits right in with Wolverine's character IMO.
That was the first reference I thought of, but they aren't the same to my eyes. The SSC sculpt looks evil, like he's a maniac. The Miller cover more reflects a Dirty Harry kind of attitude, "do you feel lucky?" There's a slyness and playfulness (like an animal playing with its prey) to his eyes. Similar to the scene where Wolverine makes that kind of threat to one of the Hellfire Club in #133--as defining a Wolverine moment as any in comics IMO.

evGPGti.jpg

Outfit needs to go back to the drawing board. The sculpted elements (boots, arms, gloves, etc.) are okay. The original masked sculpt was better than this, though.

Sideshow really blows at superhero costumes that aren't just simple spandex. :lol

That was the first reference I thought of, but they aren't the same to my eyes. The SSC sculpt looks evil, like he's a maniac. The Miller cover more reflects a Dirty Harry kind of attitude, "do you feel lucky?" There's a slyness and playfulness (like an animal playing with its prey) to his eyes. Similar to the scene where Wolverine makes that kind of threat to one of the Hellfire Club in #133--as defining a Wolverine moment as any in comics IMO.
Then perhaps a smirk would be more fitting. If I could chose the expression, I would go with full out of control Berserker. The masked head sculpt we saw looked great so I'm not concerned that much with the unmasked head sculpt.

^ I might jump on a yellow/blue suit if offered. I'm a fan of both suits really. Any photoshoppers out there wanna take a crack at this?

so how would u guys feel if they released and blue and yellow version after this? would u buy that one too?

I would be up for it, Comic lines are the only lines where I don't mind a bombardment of variants since most costumes are different, just that they borrow the same color scheme sometimes, buuuutttt since this is Sideshow and since nothing from this line has interested me yet, I don't know, will probably see how it looks first.

yeah as an x-men fan myself i cant say i really have any attachment for the brown costume that much but still i kinda like this. I would much prefer the blue and yellow though as thats how i like wolverine.

yeah as an x-men fan myself i cant say i really have any attachment for the brown costume that much but still i kinda like this. I would much prefer the blue and yellow though as thats how i like wolverine.

Classic blue and yellow, or modern blue and yellow with "x" insignia on chest and belt, or both?

Both :lol honestly as long as he has his blue and yellow costume on it works for me.

I would honestly also love it if we got his ultimate 1610 uniform as well, don't know how many people are actually fond of that costume, but I've always felt that since Fox refuses to bring the classic 616 costumes to the big screen they should just bring the ultimate ones since thy look so much more aesthetically pleasing than the leather fetish.

I would honestly also love it if we got his ultimate 1610 uniform as well, don't know how many people are actually fond of that costume, but I've always felt that since Fox refuses to bring the classic 616 costumes to the big screen they should just bring the ultimate ones since thy look so much more aesthetically pleasing than the leather fetish.

Yeah i actually do like that one, it is more modernized looking but still looks badass. I think hugh jackman would have looked good in the 1610 look seeing how cool he looked in that DOFP suit.

There's not many I don't love. Lol the cover one from ultimate 1 was good. Astonishing is good. Brown is good. Weapon x AoA is good..I'd like to see one specific one that is from a pretty rare euro slip cover...this one

Edit-sorry bad pic..here's a better one. It's even better looking in person. Not a ton of suit to go on..but it's a different look

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
I think it looks great, as a prototype. Definitely some improvements to be made to tailoring and material, but I like what they are going for.
If SSC was putting out a whole team of X-Men, then the yellow/blue would be more important to me. So far, though, it's only Wolverine, and as such, I'm very happy with a brown variant costume. Like others, the Claremont/Miller story was the one that solidified the character for me, and since I'll likely keep Wolverine on his own shelf, then the brown costume is perfect for me.
In fact, I'm looking at getting a small bonsai tree, and positioning 4 ninjas around him for a nice battle/diorama scene, and either this unmasked portrait, or the masked one from last year would fit perfectly!

I was really looking forward to this after the first pic from last year... Went downhill since then though. The sculpt is okay, but I want a scowling expression like on the Legendary scale. The outfit looks pretty bad, especially the legs.

This needs work before it's ready for PO. I'm much more impressed with the Punisher.

Rest assured the production version won't have anything near this level of paint.

Sideshow has already proven that assumption false with their Hoth figures. You don't have to like them, but the end results were very close to what was previewed.

Back