SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine in from pop cultcha. Man this is my favorite figure. But sideshow has a lot of qc issues. My belt pouches were jacked and the light saber hilt was damaged. But nothing a little super glue couldn't fix.
82bae197a0b3d156f015d5dbc58962db.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Fair enough. That’ll be a nice display.

I wanted a Civil War Capt America. They had him reduced but i missed him even last week. Maybe only 1 was available. Would have been a bargain. Please dont tell me it was you who got him !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[emoji23]Nope! Someone else snagged that one. My budget is totally done for the moment anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It definitely has some issues, but this fig is in my top five figs in my collection of 70 figures.

It definitely has some issues, but this fig is in my top five figs in my collection of 70 figures.

Same here. I have majority of the SW HT figures and a decent amount of SS ones and I’d say this figure is in my top 3 of all time.

I would own it if it was a reasonable release but it was so far from the realm of normal that I wouldn't buy it on principal alone. Sideshow makes 1/6 figs that range from pretty bad to pretty good. As you say even their best figures typically have a number of negatives that must be overlooked and lack the polish of the best in the hobby. They simply do not have a track record that justifies prices well above industry norm.

Popcultcha has this and others on sale 20% Off.
Just make sure you toggle the AUD/USD and Shipping Rates to get accurate price.

Everybody now......

30694880265_6d12bebe45_b.jpg

:rotfl

I would own it if it was a reasonable release but it was so far from the realm of normal that I wouldn't buy it on principal alone. Sideshow makes 1/6 figs that range from pretty bad to pretty good. As you say even their best figures typically have a number of negatives that must be overlooked and lack the polish of the best in the hobby. They simply do not have a track record that justifies prices well above industry norm.

:exactly:

It's also telling that Sideshow employees doesn't post on these boards anymore. Bottom line is, you could forgive the QC and accuracy issues when the figs were $120 to $160. But at the nose-bleed heights of $270, you better hit the middle of the bullseye in both QC and accuracy and they never really do. Things like the inaccurate/wonky Biker Scout helmet sculpt and the floppy QC-fail of the Jawa bodies are really major no-no's at the prices they now charge.

The thing that irks me on accuracy is that it's not much more work and often no extra cost to just make it accurate.

I have one in my cart. $248.89 includes shipping to New Jersey. Not sure if I should buy. Backing away slowly to think.

Which still lands it at $15.00 over original retail I think... :slap

Never mind, did the math wrong. Still price-y for SSC quality, but some of y'all love it so...

I have one in my cart. $248.89 includes shipping to New Jersey. Not sure if I should buy. Backing away slowly to think.

Yeah I've been on and off the site and checking pricing on a few things that I've had my eye on. Backing away as well.
Some nice prices though.

Back