SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It definitely has some issues, but this fig is in my top five figs in my collection of 70 figures.

And in the spirit of your praise of the figure and our recent back and forth I have just ordered it for $248 shipped from popcultcha :lol. I can live with that price to check this out Thank you d.r.37 for posting about the sale!!!!

I just pulled the trigger on this guy in Australia (on sale) for just on $200 usd. Score !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And in the spirit of your praise of the figure and our recent back and forth I have just ordered it for $248 shipped from popcultcha :lol. I can live with that price to check this out Thank you d.r.37 for posting about the sale!!!!

Geez I just looked at evilBay and the prices are ridiculous! I may be kicking myself later for not getting this today. Staying on the path of collecting what i originally want than what's in demand or worth allot. I'd rather have a Red Squadron Luke than this but can wait to see if HT puts one out.
Right on Turd! It is a great deal and I have ordered from them before. Best packing job I've ever seen and pretty damn fast shipping too. Think I got a figure from them in a week and that was their standard shipping offer.

Geez I just looked at evilBay and the prices are ridiculous! I may be kicking myself later for not getting this today. Staying on the path of collecting what i originally want than what's in demand or worth allot. I'd rather have a Red Squadron Luke than this but can wait to see if HT puts one out.
Right on Turd it is a great deal and I have orders from them before. Best packing job I've ever seen and pretty damn fast shipping too. Think I got a figure from them in a week and that was their standard shipping offer.

Thanks again! I have the SSC x wing Luke, I like it but I did switch to a loose HT stormtrooper Luke sculpt. I have ordered from popcultcha too and never had a problem. Crazy that they ship from Australia for less than $15 but sideshow gouges for $25.

Make no mistake, the helmetless head needs major work just to make it displayable at all, the leather gunbelt is wonky in both scaling and quality of construction, the chestbox is a bit undersized (same as Luke X though), the boot paint is too dark, and the helmet deco is both not quite accurate and middling in execution and weathering, BUT all that being said... overall, it's a staggeringly good figure.

Jacket, helmeted sculpt, gloves/gauntlets, boot sculpts, white vest cut/sew, jumpsuit, pistol - all incredibly well done. I even found the body to be a really solid quality. And I don't believe boots would have looked good as pleather (like Luke Bespin,) despite everyone saying that's what they should have been.

It'd say it's probably worth somewhere up to the $220 range before shipping, so if you can get it for $220-250 shipped, then it's a solid value. Under $220 before shipping it's a good deal. Bottom line is it's a much more impressive figure than HT Han, Luke, Ben or Leia on the shelf.

Really hope more people can get it now (and get it for a decent discount under that ridiculous, insulting $270 price) with these sales going on.

Make no mistake, the helmetless head needs major work just to make it displayable at all, the leather gunbelt is wonky in both scaling and quality of construction, the chestbox is a bit undersized (same as Luke X though), the boot paint is too dark, and the helmet deco is both not quite accurate and middling in execution and weathering, BUT all that being said... overall, it's a staggeringly good figure.

Jacket, helmeted sculpt, gloves/gauntlets, boot sculpts, white vest cut/sew, jumpsuit, pistol - all incredibly well done. I even found the body to be a really solid quality. And I don't believe boots would have looked good as pleather (like Luke Bespin,) despite everyone saying that's what they should have been.

It'd say it's probably worth somewhere up to the $220 range before shipping, so if you can get it for $220-250 shipped, then it's a solid value. Under $220 before shipping it's a great deal. Bottom line is it's a much more impressive figure than HT Han, Luke, Ben or Leia on the shelf.

Really hope more people can get it now (and get it for a decent discount under that ridiculous, insulting $270 price) with these sales going on.

Yeah that sculpt without the helmet is staying in the box. I would like to find a way to make him a bit shorter as I now intend to display this with Hoth Leia and blue jacket Han. I would also like to improve the helmet weathering but probably beyond my comfort zone. And I am still irked by sideshow's inexplicable omission of the grappling gun, you have any extras laying around? :lol

And I guess as ridiculous as it seems to deprive myself of a figure I want over $45 it sorta feels like I won :yess:

I just pulled the trigger on this guy in Australia (on sale) for just on $200 usd. Score !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't forget that most US credit cards will hit you with a b.s. foreign transaction fee which is between 3.5 and 5% - adding between $7 and $13 to a $200-250 purchase. I've found they do this even when using a cc through paypal. Maybe using Paypal with a linked bank account is the only way to avoid paying this.

Don't forget that most US credit cards will hit you with a b.s. foreign transaction fee which is between 3.5 and 5% - adding between $7 and $13 to a $200-250 purchase. I've found they do this even when using a cc through paypal. Maybe using Paypal with a linked bank account is the only way to avoid paying this.

Great point. Thanks for bringing that up.

I just checked, got stung for an extra $9:lol

I just checked, got stung for an extra $9:lol

What's interesting is you can hit even if a foreign merchant charges in U.S. dollars. I guess it's where the merchant is located (which is sometimes hard to tell these days,) not necessarily the "foreign currency" thing itself.

I`m thinking on getting one I saw when I went to paypal it was 327.48 in AUD what would that be in American dollars

US$248, though that's using the mid-market rate of 76 cents - paypal or the cc usually has a 2c spread, so maybe $5-$7 more. Every issuer is different - some are a surpisingly good rate, other gouge you.

What's interesting is you can hit even if a foreign merchant charges in U.S. dollars. I guess it's where the merchant is located (which is sometimes hard to tell these days,) not necessarily the "foreign currency" thing itself.

US$248, though that's using the mid-market rate of 76 cents - paypal or the cc usually has a 2c spread, so maybe $5-$7 more. Every issuer is different - some are a surpisingly good rate, other gouge you.

so that price is still better then what they go for might have to jump on it then.

Well, I broke down and picked him up from Popcultcha. Cost 232.17 + 16.72 shipping to Texas for a total of 248.89. Guess I will not find a better deal on him.

Good move. I sold off the un-helmeted head (it’s hideous) to bring the price more within reason.

Back