SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow is bound to be getting a bulk UPS discount, but not passing it onto customers. I can go through my company’s mailroom and ship UPS stuff cheaper than Sideshow.

Sideshow is bound to be getting a bulk UPS discount, but not passing it onto customers. I can go through my company’s mailroom and ship UPS stuff cheaper than Sideshow.

They may calculate their shipping department's hours/salaries into the price as well or something. Otherwise it's just gouging.

Where are you in Europe? It's available here in France :

https://www.figurines-mania.com/ven...NEMA-CLASSICS-STAR-WARS,Sideshow,4904,51.html

It's expensive but the only way to have him, i guess.

Envoyé de mon A0001 en utilisant Tapatalk

Sure, I could buy him in Europe and pay almost $100 over retail + delivery. But thanks for the link. Always good to know of other shops in Europe.

I'm actually really happy with my X-Wing pilot Luke. Like I've posted somewhere, the X-Wing is actually the one I wanted once I thought about it more. With helmet on he is great, and represents the trench run which is the scene which I loved as a kid.

I agree but I'm a sucker for ESB figures. Dam this disease called collecting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

It was a sad thing when Sideshow figures made that jump from the $120-140 range up to the $240-270 range - seemingly in under 5 years. While prices had doubled in the previous 5 years too (from around $50-70 in the 2007 era up to $120-140 in the 2012 era) the quality had a jump in a couple of areas. The second jump wasn't accompanied by any noticeable jump in quality.

It's raised all kinds of questions about what a 1/6 figure is worth to someone and also the types of displays that are possible for an average person. As I've said before, with figs priced like this Luke Snowspeeder going forward, those pics you see of the eight Detolfs filled with 1/6 figures is really a thing of the past, other than for the rich.

A lot of people have been left behind by this (or obviously just buy one figure when they would have bought 2 or 3) - and yeah, I can't imagine what it's like for people in Europe that have the high price plus high import duties.

It was a sad thing when Sideshow figures made that jump from the $120-140 range up to the $240-270 range - seemingly in under 5 years. While prices had doubled in the previous 5 years too (from around $50-70 in the 2007 era up to $120-140 in the 2012 era) the quality had a jump in a couple of areas. The second jump wasn't accompanied by any noticeable jump in quality.

It's raised all kinds of questions about what a 1/6 figure is worth to someone and also the types of displays that are possible for an average person. As I've said before, with figs priced like this Luke Snowspeeder going forward, those pics you see of the eight Detolfs filled with 1/6 figures is really a thing of the past, other than for the rich.

A lot of people have been left behind by this (or obviously just buy one figure when they would have bought 2 or 3) - and yeah, I can't imagine what it's like for people in Europe that have the high price plus high import duties.

Well said. I don't know how hot toys and sideshow won't price themselves out of business. Can you imagine a $400 price for an ordinary 1/6 doll in 5 years? As it is, I can afford 1 of these a month, but more likely 1 every 2 or 3 months. Sure there are financially well off collectors, I just feel they are a small fraction of the collecting base.

It's already too rich for me. I wouldn't be buying anything at all these days if it wasn't for my eBates slush fund. :)

yeah I had cut back might get one this month but not sure who yet. may han carb. or bossk

Yup, I'm working my Dengar and Bossk customs as hard as I can to see if I can save $$$ by going that route. I had planned to do a custom Han Carb using the Hasbro one (which I still think is the best 1/6 frozen Han sculpt, even if it's a bit oversized) so might try that also before giving in to the SSC one. $250 is all kinds of nuts for a sculpted plastic box.

SSC Dengar having a half dozen errors makes it a little easier to think going the custom route instead too. I have $55 in RP and will likely put it toward Luke Jedi (or Bossk if my custom Bossk doesn't work out.)

The prices of figs makes custom versions a whole lot more viable, even if they are only 80% as good as the SSC fig.

I have a custom dengar I would like to get the head from the ss version as they custom I have as so much detail on the back pack it`s nuts. you have to show me your custom dengar I would like to see how it turned out.

I had planned to do a custom Han Carb using the Hasbro one (which I still think is the best 1/6 frozen Han sculpt, even if it's a bit oversized) so might try that also before giving in to the SSC one. $250 is all kinds of nuts for a sculpted plastic box.

I also have the Hasbro Carbonite with the plan to touch up a bit. Only cost me $20 or so I think. For a background piece that's fine for me. Would be interested to see what you do with yours so I can get some inspiration :)

I have a custom dengar I would like to get the head from the ss version as they custom I have as so much detail on the back pack it`s nuts. you have to show me your custom dengar I would like to see how it turned out.

Yeah, I'll ressurect the SSC Dengar thread with a few pics once I'm done.

Having studied the Dengar ref pics, I really can't believe the number of inaccuracies the SSC figure has. Their rifle has two REALLY glaring errors - they've basically just sourced some standard Mg 42 1/6 rifles and included them with no modifications, and they copied the 501st Dengar backpack down to the smallest detail - even though the 501st one's not all that screen accurate (though tbh you rarely see Dengar's backpack on display anyway so I may not spend much time redoing the Hasbro one.)

I also have the Hasbro Carbonite with the plan to touch up a bit. Only cost me $20 or so I think. For a background piece that's fine for me. Would be interested to see what you do with yours so I can get some inspiration :)

I took castings of the panels from my old SSC one before I sold it and planned to use those. Part of the reason I have hesitated to do it is that a few on here have said a bootleg Han Carb might show up, but that's pretty rare for a Sideshow fig (vs HT) and I do think making an accurate Han Carb out of the Hasbro one would be kinda fun.

Just ordered this from Zing. Their Black Friday sale brought this down to a more palatable AU$270 delivered!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think they made a mistake and incorrectly priced it, so it's an even better deal.

The Sideshow Boba Fett is $40 more at Zing, yet at Sideshow it was US$70 LESS than Snowspeeder Luke when they were both in-stock.

Just ordered this from Zing. Their Black Friday sale brought this down to a more palatable AU$270 delivered!

Ha I was also tempted for this guy from Zing. But have since got the X-Wing pilot who also looks great with helmet on. Decided this was my destinctive trench run look. Favorite part of the movie as a kid !

Ha I was also tempted for this guy from Zing. But have since got the X-Wing pilot who also looks great with helmet on. Decided this was my destinctive trench run look. Favorite part of the movie as a kid !

Fair enough! I was on the fence for a while as I have the Red 5 already, but I love Empire so much. My master plan is to have a row of shelves dedicated for each film in the OT and this figure represents such an awesome sequence.
I was going to wait for a May the 4th sale later on but when I saw the further reduced price, I shuffled another figure down the line!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough. That’ll be a nice display.

I wanted a Civil War Capt America. They had him reduced but i missed him even last week. Maybe only 1 was available. Would have been a bargain. Please dont tell me it was you who got him !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back