SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_4480_1_1.jpg

This is what we need from Hot Toys, and then a quick couple of mods for an OT Snowspeeder and X-Wing version. With an awesome unhelmeted head sculpt.

poe-dameron_70f5aee2-740x416.jpeg

I just finished futzing with this figure, and it is AWESOME. It's not perfect because it lacks the grappling gun, and unhelmeted head is crap, but it still managed to jump ahead of my favorite figures of all time. And yes, I have HT Bespin Luke and HT Jack Sparrow, and Leia, and Han and Chewie... No picture do this figure justice. There is some cool weathering on the vest that just doesn't show in pictures. It just pops out so much on the shelf.

I feel sorry for those who decided to bash it because of the price and because its Sideshow. It would have been labeled Hot Toys and nobody would have said they'll wait for the Sideshow version... The Hot Toys figures get bashed just as much, but just never get the comparison with Sideshow. If its true about the low production run, it will become tough finding one under $300 on ebay... Over all, I paid it a bit less than my HT Chewbacca, and like it 10x better.

For those waiting for the HT version good luck, I'm sure it will come out just after Cassian, Krennic, Tarkin and Poe... In 7 or 8 years.

I just received the notice that mine will convert on Monday. Pretty happy to get this despite some of the flaws.

That's awesome Sloar. How long did yours take to convert???

Despite alot of opinions I'm beginning to think I might be left out in the cold on this one.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

When did you guys join the waitlist?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

I feel sorry for those who decided to bash it because of the price and because its Sideshow. It would have been labeled Hot Toys and nobody would have said they'll wait for the Sideshow version... The Hot Toys figures get bashed just as much, but just never get the comparison with Sideshow.

Have you seen the recent Sideshow Snowtrooper Commander proto vs. the HT proto? That is just one glaring example why.

This snowspeeder luke isn't a terrible figure all things considered but the fact remains HT would have put together a significantly better figure for about forty bucks less. I have a ton of sideshow stuff that I like but their human paint apps are simply subpar, their prices are high, their bodies usually problematic, and there is always at least one or more major annoyance or a qc issue. In this case the helmet paintjob is pretty bad.

I don't hate sideshow figures but I'm willing to call a spade a spade.

Can this one be displayed without the jacket and retain the X-Wing pilot look?

Have you seen the recent Sideshow Snowtrooper Commander proto vs. the HT proto? That is just one glaring example why.

This snowspeeder luke isn't a terrible figure all things considered but the fact remains HT would have put together a significantly better figure for about forty bucks less. I have a ton of sideshow stuff that I like but their human paint apps are simply subpar, their prices are high, their bodies usually problematic, and there is always at least one or more major annoyance or a qc issue. In this case the helmet paintjob is pretty bad.

I don't hate sideshow figures but I'm willing to call a spade a spade.

I agree. Overall the SS quality and paint work isn't up to par of HT. Sure HT have their flaws but SS has more.

Back