SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's awesome Sloar. How long did yours take to convert???

Despite alot of opinions I'm beginning to think I might be left out in the cold on this one.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I got on the waitlist May 10th. I'd be surprised if they don't "find" more of these.

Received mine yesterday and just got around to setting him up.

In essence, I love the way he looks. He's been a grail figure for me since I started collecting 1/6 figures. Unfortunately, I feel Sideshow "phoned this one in". For the money, they cut a lot of corners and it makes me concerned for the future of this hobby (at least as far as SS is concerned).

One, the belt is crap. It's cheap and thin. The magnets fall off. It doesn't stay fastened in the front and mine is missing the lightsaber hook. The belt from Hoth Luke feels so much more "money" to me. I don't care if the pouches open. I'm not going to put little Luke's keys in there or anything.

Next, the lightsaber is a joke. They spent all that "R & D" money to make an "all in one" lightsaber instead of just including a "lit" and "unlit" version as per usual. Also, the paint apps on the saber are horrendous. Slop all over the grip portion of the saber. The Hoth Luke version is clean as a whistle. Once again, point to Hoth Luke.

Next, the obvious lack of accessories. This figure should have come with an environment base and a harpoon gun. I know it, you know and SS probably knows it. Yet again, Hoth Luke came with all this and more for less money.

The body is too tall for Luke.

The box itself is the same old flap box with nothing interesting going on. No story, no cool graphics, nada. SS Wolverine came in a shoebox style box with foam padding for less money.

When I look at what you get for $270 I have to scratch my head. Why? Where'd the money go? Hot Toys just announced Wonder Woman with a seamless body for less money than this. Hot Toys ANH Luke came with "everything but the kitchen sink" for less money. Is SS just testing the waters to see what the market will bear? I got this figure for $40 with points. Otherwise, I would have felt rooked over this figure.

I'm no hater. I've been collecting SW figs from SS since the beginning but I can't help but feel that SS is really going down hill in terms of value and quality control.

Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Dammit. Reviews like yours get my blood running and I don't want to 'feed the beast'.

Feed the beast, it's hungry.

giphy.gif

Received mine yesterday and just got around to setting him up.

In essence, I love the way he looks. He's been a grail figure for me since I started collecting 1/6 figures. Unfortunately, I feel Sideshow "phoned this one in". For the money, they cut a lot of corners and it makes me concerned for the future of this hobby (at least as far as SS is concerned).

One, the belt is crap. It's cheap and thin. The magnets fall off. It doesn't stay fastened in the front and mine is missing the lightsaber hook. The belt from Hoth Luke feels so much more "money" to me. I don't care if the pouches open. I'm not going to put little Luke's keys in there or anything.

Next, the lightsaber is a joke. They spent all that "R & D" money to make an "all in one" lightsaber instead of just including a "lit" and "unlit" version as per usual. Also, the paint apps on the saber are horrendous. Slop all over the grip portion of the saber. The Hoth Luke version is clean as a whistle. Once again, point to Hoth Luke.

Next, the obvious lack of accessories. This figure should have come with an environment base and a harpoon gun. I know it, you know and SS probably knows it. Yet again, Hoth Luke came with all this and more for less money.

The box itself is the same old flap box with nothing interesting going on. No story, no cool graphics, nada. SS Wolverine came in a shoebox style box with foam padding for less money.

When I look at what you get for $270 I have to scratch my head. Why? Where'd the money go? Hot Toys just announced Wonder Woman with a seamless body for less money than this. Hot Toys ANH Luke came with "everything but the kitchen sink" for less money. Is SS just testing the waters to see what the market will bear? I got this figure for $40 with points. Otherwise, I would have felt rooked over this figure.

I'm no hater. I've been collecting SW figs from SS since the beginning but I can't help but feel that SS is really going down hill in terms of value and quality control.

Just my two cents.

I have to say that I respectfully disagree with you.

This is my favourite 1/6 OT figure to date and I have pretty much every one released so far. I don't have any paint slop on the Saber and the belt looks fine to me. IMO this figure looks MUCH better in hand than any pictures I've seen on here. The weathering is great and really catches the SW look. Admittedly the unhelmeted sculpt is poor to say the least but I'm really loving the rest of the figure.

Maybe you just were unfortunate and got a dud?

Looking forward to getting mine, which ought to be despatched from Sideshow tomorrow.

As an aside, I looked for the original film that the ***** stroking Mark gif came from. The Blue Peter badge was a big clue.

Carrie looks so cute...

WARNING: Spoilers at 4:16. :lol

Saw this listing on eBay today. It's already at the MSRP, and that's without shipping. Interested to see if anyone gets desperate and decides to go over it significantly. I'm pretty much watching for entertainment at this point. Lol.
6d95397324a65e187623b193042dba8b.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can this one be displayed without the jacket and retain the X-Wing pilot look?

Basically yes. Beside the boots and gloves that give away it's a cold gear version, everything you need is included in the set to switch over to a X-Wing pilot Luke. Slight detail missing, this flight suit is not fitted with a connector to plug-in the life support hose. Other than that, you're good to go.

I have to say that I respectfully disagree with you.

This is my favourite 1/6 OT figure to date and I have pretty much every one released so far. I don't have any paint slop on the Saber and the belt looks fine to me. IMO this figure looks MUCH better in hand than any pictures I've seen on here. The weathering is great and really catches the SW look. Admittedly the unhelmeted sculpt is poor to say the least but I'm really loving the rest of the figure.

Maybe you just were unfortunate and got a dud?

No doubt the figure looks great; I'm actually (despite the tone of my previous post) really enjoying it. I'm just disappointed in the lack of quality (of some items) and lack of accessories based on their newly inflated price-point. I doubt I would have said anything if it was $70 less. It just seems we're paying more money and getting a lot less. This is their most expensive SW figure yet. I'm just wondering why?

I'll definitely contact them regarding the belt however.

Last edited:
It just seems we're paying more money and getting a lot less. This is their most expensive SW figure yet. I'm just wondering why?

Sideshow shot for the moon on the Xwing figure too. $240 was unheard of at the time they unveiled it. Given time the ebay price corrected itself and was going for $160-$190. Perhaps they have an odd fetish for overcharging for Mark Hamill in an orange suit :dunno

I'm looking forward to more Randome0ne and rubio pictures of this figure.... and from other users too, of course!

No doubt the figure looks great; I'm actually (despite the tone of my previous post) really enjoying it. I'm just disappointed in the lack of quality (of some items) and lack of accessories based on their newly inflated price-point. I doubt I would have said anything if it was $70 less. It just seems we're paying more money and getting a lot less. This is their most expensive SW figure yet. I'm just wondering why?

I'll definitely contact them regarding the belt however.

I feel like you hit it on the head. A lot of people are taking it out on the figure....when it's the price that's the culprit..

Basically yes. Beside the boots and gloves that give away it's a cold gear version, everything you need is included in the set to switch over to a X-Wing pilot Luke. Slight detail missing, this flight suit is not fitted with a connector to plug-in the life support hose. Other than that, you're good to go.

Thanks for clarifying:)

I feel like you hit it on the head. A lot of people are taking it out on the figure....when it's the price that's the culprit..

Wouldn't $200 still be poor value for a figure with a terrible helmetless head sculpt, inferior belt and lightsabre, no stand to match what was offered with Hoth Luke and Han, no harpoon gun, poor paint job on the helmet...?

Disclaimer - although I've now bought this I don't have it in hand yet. However, I bought this because I'm crazy, not because it's good value.

Back