SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i found mine at popcultrch that year i cant remember if i got him just before you found one for me or something. i might have to check out my sculpt and let you know the outcome. :pfft::wave

I did sell that extra Luke Snowspeeder (no kidding I had THREE Luke Snowspeeders at that point - I took pics of them together) for $$$ but it went to a crazy French guy and it was stuck in customs for almost two weeks. Nightmare (I called and tried to talk to some customs person in broken French - he hung up:lol.)

Yeah, give it a go with the hair. I'm probably going to use the leftover/hairless unhelmeted Snowspeeder face/head for an Endor Luke. It's a pretty lackluster paint app but under the Endor helmet I think it might look okay. The issue is I'm going to have to cut down the old Sideshow Endor helmet because it's so huge - designed to fit those bobblehead melons they did back then.

i got the new ssc Endore head sculpt coming as i want to make one. i still have the old hasbro poncho until i can get the newer one or wait to see how the HT version turns out. but i would need another ht luke jedi head first to try it out.

I did sell that extra Luke Snowspeeder (no kidding I had THREE Luke Snowspeeders at that point - I took pics of them together) for $$$ but it went to a crazy French guy and it was stuck in customs for almost two weeks. Nightmare (I called and tried to talk to some customs person in broken French - he hung up:lol.)

Yeah, give it a go with the hair. I'm probably going to use the leftover/hairless unhelmeted Snowspeeder face/head for an Endor Luke. It's a pretty lackluster paint app but under the Endor helmet I think it might look okay. The issue is I'm going to have to cut down the old Sideshow Endor helmet because it's so huge - designed to fit those bobblehead melons they did back then.

I'll be impressed if you can get that to work. All these Sideshow Luke heads...I'm fairly convinced they are only good for one thing and that's going under the cloak of Jabba's Palace Luke. I bought a couple HT Jedi Lukes though so extra parts from those plus the old Sideshow black jumpsuit gets you a third figure basically for free.

I am happy with this Luke's helmeted head.
Always helmet on, and a bit away from the LEDs, but that's all.

I'll be impressed if you can get that to work. All these Sideshow Luke heads...I'm fairly convinced they are only good for one thing and that's going under the cloak of Jabba's Palace Luke. I bought a couple HT Jedi Lukes though so extra parts from those plus the old Sideshow black jumpsuit gets you a third figure basically for free.

I'll end up with a half dozen hooded Lukes.:rotfl I already took your idea and used the (previously unusable) SSC LUke Hoth no-hat head and used it for my Palace Luke with hood. Seriously - myabe I could have a bunch of hood-up Lukes doing all the different classic Luke moments in the same dio.:dunno

I have two - one (Dagobah version) is mostly a custom creation (HT boots, custom "Muppet Show" style blaster,) the other has the jacket slimmed down, neck modded to look up more and has custom grenade and harpoon gun. Both figs have custom chestbox (a heavy mod of the Hasbro one)as I feel the SSC one is too small. I also removed the cold weather undergarment pants on both, as well as the padding suit.

I'm playing around with the new Luke HT head for the dago version. This has a heavily modded Snowspeeder hairpiece.

JxC4I0c.jpg

iLMotiP.jpg

Thanks for the pics TaliBane. Your dagoba version looks excellent with the HT Rotj head and SSC Snowspeeder hairpiece. For me that picture / pose is the Luke that most resonates with me and my childhood.

Thanks for the pics TaliBane. Your dagoba version looks excellent with the HT Rotj head and SSC Snowspeeder hairpiece. For me that picture / pose is the Luke that most resonates with me and my childhood.

Thanks - yeah, me too. It's funny how those promo pics stay with you as much as the movie moments do.

I really went to town on these customs - even adding stuff like the tiny rivets on the white bib and the holster strap and building custom chestboxes. I'm still not quite done - I'm adding some small bits of fine black HT velcro to the Dago fig's collar.

The Muppet Show blaster he has is also a super rare and unique variation of Luke's ESB gun (the most noticeable differences is the high-mounted scope and unique flash suppressor/nozzle) that was fun to research and scratch-build. It was as hard to get accurate ref on as the harpoon gun and grenade were.

The Muppet Show blaster, the harpoon gun and Snowspeeder grenade are all pretty key props (used in some of the most memorable moments of ESB) yet they have never appeared in any SW book - ever - so it made creating them kinda special. You really can't clearly see what these items looked like other than with these (mostly) scratch-built custom pieces. My custom harpoon gun is more accurate than the GG mini-bust one and the 1/4 scale Luke Snowspeeder statue, which both have a number of key errors.

I just want to echo what the others before me have stated: great work on the Luke figures, TaliBane! Your eye for detail is remarkable, and it leads to really impressive results that are screen accurate enough to have a "wow factor." Awesome stuff!

does anyone know if anyone made a knock off, of the snowspeeder jacket? I finally decided to get the x-wing pilot figure and was hoping to find the jacket 2nd hand. Ive been looking around loose part store but have had no luck

does anyone know if anyone made a knock off, of the snowspeeder jacket? I finally decided to get the x-wing pilot figure and was hoping to find the jacket 2nd hand. Ive been looking around loose part store but have had no luck

That’s gonna be a tuff one... never seen it parted out.

Talibane, your custom Lukes look fantastic. Good stuff.

I just want to echo what the others before me have stated: great work on the Luke figures, TaliBane! Your eye for detail is remarkable, and it leads to really impressive results that are screen accurate enough to have a "wow factor." Awesome stuff!

Thanks guys!:duff

The figure was sold out before it shipped and was EX to SSC in the US so it was never parted out at places like TA. I've never seen one parted out on eBay. And it's an unbeleivably complex sewing challenge due to the intricate ribbed sleeves and also the fabric is really tricky to match (it's like sail/slicker fabric.) Out of pretty much all the SW costumes that coat and the one it was copied from (seen in ANH on Luke ceremonial and Walrusman and others, but that's leather, not sail-type fabric) would be among the most complex to make a custom version of.

I can see HT doing a nice Snowspeeder Luke - and improving stuff like the helmet - but the jacket could not be any better than the SSC one.

The orange seems to have washed out a bit in the photos. A quick edit to bring out the colour that the eye can see:
F53E2089-872E-44C1-AD15-D7C4251E6E97.jpg
Absolutely love this figure!!! :hi5:

Back