SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the Epic Models 1/6 Snowspeeder ever materialise? I saw some prototype pics, but never the finished article. I'll probably end up scratchbuilding my own one. The flat panels mean it is can easily be replicated in plasticard.

I actually tried to contact that guy and didn't hear back. How sad that all that amazing work went into it, a proto was made, but for whatever reason it just didn't happen. Hopefully it will resurface.

You can feel free to contact him also - just google epic models and the guy's contact e-mails are pretty easy to find as he does other sculpting work. Maybe if ten people or so signed up he'd take it on.

20190122_230236-1.jpg

Picked this guy up from another member didn't like either headsculpt in hand so I through my stormtrooper luke sculpt on definitely happy with it now I have him with my yoda so I wanted that just landed on dagobah look

Gadzooks the prices on ebay for this guy! INSANE! C'mon Sideshow - do another run - you're leaving money on the table here!

this gotta be arguably the best sideshow figure ever.

Yeah, if you disregard the no-helmet head, I'd argue the two best Sideshow releases are Probe Droid for non-figure (though the new Jabba may give the Probe Droid a run) and Luke Snowspeeder for figure.

This is exactly why HT needs to release their own !

I think there's no doubt HT will do this fig/outfit in the next two years or so, either as a standalone or as part of a DX ESB Luke.

Yeah, if you disregard the no-helmet head, I'd argue the two best Sideshow releases are Probe Droid for non-figure (though the new Jabba may give the Probe Droid a run) and Luke Snowspeeder for figure.

I think there's no doubt HT will do this fig/outfit in the next two years or so, either as a standalone or as part of a DX ESB Luke.
Honestly, I don't think the no helmet head is that bad. I mean obviously its nowhere near as good as Hot Toys head. But I think it's decent.

Honestly, I don't think the no helmet head is that bad. I mean obviously its nowhere near as good as Hot Toys head. But I think it's decent.

It is decent - it just has the same bland, dead-stare "toy" look, overly simplistic paint and very basic hair (sculpt and paint) that so many Sideshow heads have, including the newest SSC Luke Jedi.

Everything about the helmetless Snowpseeder Luke head is solid - eyes are pretty clean, sculpt/likeness isn't bad at all - yet the whole comes across as largely unusable for me without extensive mods. The lifelessness is probably the key issue, and the Dumb-and-Dumber fringe doesn't help, but it also lacks the HT type paint apps to really elevate it.

Nice pics TK. It's really a great looking figure, easily on-par with any of my HT figs and up there in the top 5 best-ever from Sideshow.

Back