SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes dude, it was biased and everyone, except you apparently, don’t see it. At least Jim said he was joking...and then came you. For your info, I saw the original in the theater bro. So keep your millennial insults for yourself.

...really? [emoji21] ...all American movies had biased casting. Everybody, but you, know that.

Ok. Please explain how it’s biased and where you got your evidence for this? Please don’t say Anita Sarkeesian.

The original film was biased in the sense that it was actually trying to be good.

LOL
f2348db1d6f3ab1f49edcfe0b8a233bb.jpg

Ok. Please explain how it’s biased and where you got your evidence for this? Please don’t say Anita Sarkeesian.

Oh, the ignorance and immunity to facts... if you don’t see that the whole movie industry, including SW, is and has been gender and race biased, then I don’t know what to say. Maybe: look it up.
Btw, why is it that we even talk about it just now? Because the new SW movies are trying not to be biased and you seem to notice.

Oh, the ignorance and immunity to facts... if you don’t see that the whole movie industry, including SW, is and has been gender and race biased, then I don’t know what to say. Maybe: look it up.
Btw, why is it that we even talk about it just now? Because the new SW movies are trying not to be biased and you seem to notice.

You made an outlandish claim and I was asking you to back it up. We are talking about it because you brought it up. You assumed my intention in a joke and here we are.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the blatant portrayal of middle aged white men as the villains in almost the entirety of the saga. They should have caught that.

You made an outlandish claim and I was asking you to back it up. We are talking about it because you brought it up. You assumed my intention in a joke and here we are.

Outlandish claim!? That movies from that period are race and gender biased!? Oh man...
Well, I assume, especially if you think that it’s an outlandish claim, that your joke was in fact based on your opinion on this issue. So no, I, or the other guy, did not start this conversation.

You still haven’t provided any evidence or answered my question. I’ll wait. And your assumptions would be wrong.

You still haven’t provided any evidence or answered my question. I’ll wait. And your assumptions would be wrong.

Evidence: look at any movie casting (especially) from that time period and compare to the population composition.
Or look at your display cabinets and count how many female actors or actors of color you have on display.
It’s not my job to provide obvious proof of facts. Especially not in this forum.
I didn’t even want to go into this, but your steady insistence on not understanding the criticism the other guy provided, made me. Always regret getting into discussions like these, course they’re usually a waste of time.

Yup just face it, there are Pepe’s in SW. Always has been, which is really the sad point. Ignorant people blatantly ignoring the obvious omission because what, there were like no f-Ing other types of people in the whole f-ing world until Obama became president(gotta get him in there to blame or it wouldn’t feel right for the Pepe’s).

Ok so no real evidence just speculative assertions based on nothing more than looking at the cast through an ideological lens by which you sit back and judge history. Just wanted to make sure I understood you’re perspective. It’s a really sad way of looking at the world.

So by that rationale are all other racially homogeneous countries in that same category of bias when it comes to their movie industries? If a Japanese film company casts only Japanese people is that biased? What about the Chinese film industry? Or the Indian film industry? I’ve seen plenty of foreign films that were unidimensional and didn’t see them as biased or horrible. Or is it only when Americans do it?

Ok so no real evidence just speculative assertions based on nothing more than looking at the cast through an ideological lens by which you sit back and judge history. Just wanted to make sure I understood you’re perspective. It’s a really sad way of looking at the world.

So by that rationale are all other racially homogeneous countries in that same category of bias when it comes to their movie industries? If a Japanese film company casts only Japanese people is that biased? What about the Chinese film industry? Or the Indian film industry? I’ve seen plenty of foreign films that were unidimensional and didn’t see them as biased or horrible. Or is it only when Americans do it?

...just compare to the American population man. Not just your own neighborhood.
This is absurd and sad. If you don’t see it it’s because the fact resistance is so strong with you and there’s nothing I or anyone else can do about it.
Just go back to the dream world and forget we ever had this discussion. I just hope you forget to vote.

Dude take your white guilt elsewhere. You obviously cant even start to have this conversation with your wrecked up dodge and deflect strategy. It’s laughable especially considering it’s YOUR criticism that got this whole thing started. No I’m not going to teach you any social studies that you unfortunately didn’t learn in your homogenized world. Do yourself a favor a go read a book...about something you don’t know cause all those false equivalents you listed about Indian and Chinese movies is so surface you do yourself a disservice. Wrap it up b, back to the regularly scheduled SW figure talk. We’ll pretend you never made that dumb “joke”. :slap

Yup just face it, there are Pepe’s in SW. Always has been, which is really the sad point. Ignorant people blatantly ignoring the obvious omission because what, there were like no f-Ing other types of people in the whole f-ing world until Obama became president(gotta get him in there to blame or it wouldn’t feel right for the Pepe’s).

That’s a pretty blatant accusation and you have no evidence for it. Where you like to call people names like ignorant is a reflection of your own. I haven’t resorted to name calling at all but you seem ok with it.

You are acting like having a majority of white people in a film is inherently a sin when every other country in the world does the same thing. Are they racists? Are you racist towards white people? I’m just curious. I have no evidence but by your statements it sounds like you are.

Are you racist towards white people? I’m just curious. I have no evidence but by your statements it sounds like you are.
Hilarious! Dude just stop man. I was “joking”. I don’t want a flame war on my favorite social media. :lol
The fact that you even wrote that... in America! :rotfl

...just compare to the American population man. Not just your own neighborhood.
This is absurd and sad. If you don’t see it it’s because the fact resistance is so strong with you and there’s nothing I or anyone else can do about it.
Just go back to the dream world and forget we ever had this discussion. I just hope you forget to vote.

Again you are making assumptions based on no evidence. You know nothing about me or my neighborhood. My neighbors are quite diverse and I have worked for 20 years in an industry where 60% of the employees are black. I’ve never had any problems with that and have lots of friends. This entire time I have not resorted to name calling or insults but you are perfectly willing to throw accusations at me.

I guess we can agree to disagree and I’ll leave it at that. Nice talking to you.

Jim, but YOURE the one who made the diversity comment! It’s all good man. To each their own Star Wars I guess. No minds will be changed here. :duff

Again you are making assumptions based on no evidence. You know nothing about me or my neighborhood. My neighbors are quite diverse and I have worked for 20 years in an industry where 60% of the employees are black. I’ve never had any problems with that and have lots of friends. This entire time I have not resorted to name calling or insults but you are perfectly willing to throw accusations at me.

I guess we can agree to disagree and I’ll leave it at that. Nice talking to you.

Ok. If you insist on proof.
White males take up 30% of the us population. You can compare that to the OT SW cast yourself.
Here is the statistic for just one of the resent years. It was of course even more evident back in 1977.
If you want to look other years up, please feel free to use google, because I do not want to educate you.
6904fdc3154c61cc0cbda5eaadfef6df.jpg

You’re the ones assuming I have a bias. I don’t. I would still love Star Wars even if it stared all First Nations people, or Asians,or Latinos. It’s an amazing story. But to look backwards in history and assign malice towards people just by seeing only race is appalling.

Back