SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...amazing.
Our point is that we support Disney trying to change the obvious biased casting in film. Not that we do not like OT SW or American movies in general.
I love SW. that’s why I buy these figures. But that doesn’t stop me from realizing that there is,and has always been, a bias towards a white male cast and audience in American film.

...amazing.
Our point is that we support Disney trying to change the biased casting in film. Not that we do not like OT SW or American movies in general.

My point is that no one here is against Disney changing its democratic but there is no evidence that suggests there was bias in casting the OT. If you are claiming that there was not an equal proportion of minority cast members based on the population at the time was due to bias you are projecting malice on those people. There could have been any number of reasons for the casting ending up that way but there’s no evidence to suggest bias.

Just by looking at the cast you see bias. Maybe you could look at my ex wife and see infidelity.

...really? [emoji21] ...all American movies had biased casting. Everybody, but you, know that.

You are accusing the principle filmmakers of Star Wars 1977- Creator and Writer George Lucas, Producer Gary Kurtz, Casting Directors Dianne Crittenden, Irene Lamb, and Vic Ramos of racism and misogyny in deliberately not casting non-white people and women in the first three Star Wars films because of their prejudice.
Now you're accusing everyone in the American and UK film industry of racism and misogyny because they didn't cast non-whites and women in more movies intended for audiences of countries with predominantly white ethnic populations of the time period.

You and DCFett are clearly delusional and libelist.

So all these messages but this figure hasn't been re-released?

Oh look a dancing elephant! :elefant

You are accusing the principle filmmakers of Star Wars 1977- Creator and Writer George Lucas, Producer Gary Kurtz, Casting Directors Dianne Crittenden, Irene Lamb, and Vic Ramos of racism and misogyny in deliberately not casting non-white people and women in the first three Star Wars films because of their prejudice.
Now you're accusing everyone in the American and UK film industry of racism and misogyny because they didn't cast non-whites and women in more movies intended for audiences of countries with predominantly white ethnic populations of the time period.

Thanks for showing us how many names you know. Most impressive.
I shouldn’t be surprised by being called out for a specific political agenda because I point out an obvious fact, that you can just look up (perhaps instead of the names of the casting crew in SW). A third grader can do the math and see that 85 is obviously a much bigger number than 30. But the fact resistant agenda is such a bully these days and it’s like talking to an angry door.
I’m not saying anything that everybody doesn’t know already. You just find it inconvenient.
Stating (scientific) well documented facts should not be considered political, choosing not to believe them for your convenience is political.
I’m not accusing anyone specifically, it was (and sort of is, otherwise people wouldn’t be so upset about the Disney casting) how you had to do it if you wanted a film made.
Look at what the man himself says. But you probably also think he’s just a lefty:
62b9596cb4f5521de8ac37fb28184271.jpg

Did the Epic Models 1/6 Snowspeeder ever materialise? I saw some prototype pics, but never the finished article. I'll probably end up scratchbuilding my own one. The flat panels mean it is can easily be replicated in plasticard.

Thanks for showing us how many names you know. Most impressive.
I shouldn’t be surprised by being called out for a specific political agenda because I point out an obvious fact, that you can just look up (perhaps instead of the names of the casting crew in SW). A third grader can do the math and see that 85 is obviously a much bigger number than 30. But the fact resistant agenda is such a bully these days and it’s like talking to an angry door.
I’m not saying anything that everybody doesn’t know already. You just find it inconvenient.
Stating (scientific) well documented facts should not be considered political, choosing not to believe them for your convenience is political.
I’m not accusing anyone specifically, it was (and sort of is, otherwise people wouldn’t be so upset about the Disney casting) how you had to do it if you wanted a film made.
Look at what the man himself says. But you probably also think he’s just a lefty:

What are you some kind of idiot?
I said principle filmmakers, those are the people in charge and I listed the casting directors because they have an influence on casting a movie, Star Wars. All the casting directors are minorities btw (2 women and Vic Ramos is Hispanic).
No one was upset by the Disney casting, another delusion on your part. What, that a Stormtrooper was being played by John Boyaga? The complaint in that regard is that people assumed that Stormtroopers were clones since we never saw one out of armor in the OT. And those clones were played by Temuera Morrison in the PT who is mostly Maori (do Maori qualify as minorities to you, I question your judgement). No one complained about the casting of Billy Dee Williams or James Earl Jones back in the day. Everyone including myself assumed Jones was in the Darth Vader costume until Vader was retconned as Luke's father. Yes, I don't think Lucas planned it out when he came up with the story before ESB.
SO, are you and your ilk angry that a film is homogeneously white because it doesn't represent diversity? I supposed you also hate films like Shaft, Foxy Brown, Coffey, Coming to America, Boyz n the Hood, Menace II Society, New Jack City, House Party, Friday, Barbershop, Bad Boys, Ray, Tyler Perry films, and Black Panther for being homogeneously Black? How about the Akira Kurosawa films, Zatoichi films, Jackie Chan films, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon or Crazy Rich Asians for being homogeneously Asian? And then there's all the Bollywood films that are homogeneously Indian. I suppose you really hate Once Were Warriors and Whale Rider because they star a homogeneous Maori cast? :lol
There's nothing WRONG with the casting of Star Wars, or Coming To America, or Whale Rider, or Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, or Crazy Rich Asians, or Black Panther or any of the thousands of films that have a homogeneous cast, and the ones I listed were box office hits BTW. I don't see any racism in the casting of films from the past 40+ years that you think wasn't fixed until recently by Disney.

Take your BS elsewhere, I'm done dealing with SJW stupidity.
Now back to a Sideshow figure of a toxic white character that'll never be rereleased.

What are you some kind of idiot?
I said principle filmmakers, those are the people in charge and I listed the casting directors because they have an influence on casting a movie, Star Wars. All the casting directors are minorities btw (2 women and Vic Ramos is Hispanic).
No one was upset by the Disney casting, another delusion on your part. What, that a Stormtrooper was being played by John Boyaga? The complaint in that regard is that people assumed that Stormtroopers were clones since we never saw one out of armor in the OT. And those clones were played by Temuera Morrison in the PT who is mostly Maori (do Maori qualify as minorities to you, I question your judgement). No one complained about the casting of Billy Dee Williams or James Earl Jones back in the day. Everyone including myself assumed Jones was in the Darth Vader costume until Vader was retconned as Luke's father. Yes, I don't think Lucas planned it out when he came up with the story before ESB.
SO, are you and your ilk angry that a film is homogeneously white because it doesn't represent diversity? I supposed you also hate films like Shaft, Foxy Brown, Coffey, Coming to America, Boyz n the Hood, Menace II Society, New Jack City, House Party, Friday, Barbershop, Bad Boys, Ray, Tyler Perry films, and Black Panther for being homogeneously Black? How about the Akira Kurosawa films, Zatoichi films, Jackie Chan films, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon or Crazy Rich Asians for being homogeneously Asian? And then there's all the Bollywood films that are homogeneously Indian. I suppose you really hate Once Were Warriors and Whale Rider because they star a homogeneous Maori cast? :lol
There's nothing WRONG with the casting of Star Wars, or Coming To America, or Whale Rider, or Crazy Rich Asians, or Black Panther or any of the thousands of films that have a homogeneous cast, and were box office hits. I don't see any racism in the casting of films from the past 40+ years that you think wasn't fixed until recently by Disney.

Take your BS elsewhere, I'm done dealing with SJW stupidity.
Now back to a Sideshow figure of a toxic white character that'll never be rereleased.

I’m sure you’re fun to be with in real life... gosh. ...and you live under a rock btw. Enjoy.

LOL, no one said George Lucas was racist lol. The simple fact is casting offices and Hollywood have been bias for decades, less opportunities for minority workers and it’s as simple as that. Stop trying to pull some right wing bs and just accept the facts. There are far less opportunities and acceptance of minorities in media and it’s been like that for decades. Never said the makers of Star Wars were racist.

Sweet pose and pics. This is still one of my favourites and (helmeted) beats out most HT Star Wars figs.

Back