SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL! I was really hoping that they would be separate so he could hold the damn helmet! Oh well. Still getting it. Eventually.

I'd never display X-Wing Luke without the helmet on, but the one-piece, lack-of-option set feels like a step backward. Just really curious to see how this one turns out.

With no signs of any production pics yet and the release date being only three months away, IMO SSC are either really taking this one seriously which means we could get something very close to the proto OR things have gone very badly and they are just trying to get as many pre orders in before the S*%T hits the fan. I hope it's not the latter.

I would not preorder until proto pics are released. This figure at this price should not sell out and should be available to purchase after release, but who knows what kind of games sideshow could pull.

Delayed again.

Now estimated for May-June.

And the figure is once more referred to as 'Luke Skywalker (Actor likeness)'.

Good. Maybe Disney is being harder on Sideshow.

The closer this gets pushed to Spooktacular though, the less likely this one will have deep discounts until Spook 2018.

Don't put any stock in that "Actor Likeness" marking.....HT
Old Luke for TFA is also delayed again and has the same notation.

I imagine most of the last minute delays in general have to do with 'actor likeness' if its not a factory back-log issue. Everything else has to be done at this hour.

I really dig the luke snowspeeder look but for whatever reason I don't much give a damn when this comes out. I suppose it mostly has to do with the price being so insulting. I plan to get it but probably not until it's south of $230 shipped and that could be awhile. The new Ash sculpt does give a glimmer of hope that this could turn out better than expected.

Has Sideshow released any new 1/6 scale Star Wars figures recently ? Seems they are putting 99% of their energy into their Sideshow Premium format fixed sculpts for the last "x" releases I can think of.

I'm also in no rush and would be fine if they passed it over to Hot Toys to finish and add to their ESB line. But that would be FAR too complicated I'm sure.

Oh well will just need to wait some more........ho hum !

All I need from this figure is the jacket (Sideshow X-Wing/ DX07 parts for everything else). I'm warming to the idea of trying to get an interest list for a custom going.

All I need from this figure is the jacket (Sideshow X-Wing/ DX07 parts for everything else). I'm warming to the idea of trying to get an interest list for a custom going.

Helmets are different...chin-strap and mic, I believe. Orientation and colour plus some other detail I can't remember.

Pulling everything together from the very expensive DX Luke Bespin and Luke X figures - plus a custom jacket - would likely be more expensive overall than just buying this figure, especially if you can get a $30 coupon or Spook discount.

And the latest Sideshow figures have been hit or miss in terms of whether they are exclusive to Sideshow - everyone was salivating over the SSC Jawa gear from Toy Anxiety - then TA didn't get them. Not sure what the trigger is and whether there's a notation on this fig that says it'll be the same situation or not.

If TA does get this fig, you can be sure the jacket won't be less than $45. I was amazed that the latest part-out of the TIE pilot had the basic jumpsuit for $50. They don't have much choice when retail on this is $270.

Back