SSC Jason Voorhees Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Sideshow decided not to go with the green shirt and went with this brown color shirt?

Quick shot of mine. Padded out the shoulders a bit. Too much?

33737942121_d03c7d4ba0_k.jpg

Edit: Just noticed the photo is blurry on the mask. Will try to take more this weekend.

The shirt is gray/green in person with some yellowish weathering in person. It's just photographing brown.

Here's my pic with the shirt color corrected to match in-hand appearance.

Jason%20Bust.jpg

Is it really missing the left cheek mark?

Sadly, yes :(

Why is it missing rhe red mark on the opposite side of the eye???

Sideshow just botched my head apparently:lol

When I first opened the guy, he looked great. His foot was detached but he looked great. Then I noticed the machete paint issue and then finally the head missing the chevron. Really hard to believe that kind of error got past quality control. I have to really look over Sideshow figures now because I've yet to get one in about the last year without an issue or four. Never have to worry about that on a HT figure.

Is it just me or is the actual mask not right. In part 3 the mask to me was more stretched down in appearance

He just arrived and everything looks in order.

Paintwork on the mask is as it should be, and chevron centred.

33486877370_5aa030555e_o.jpg

But what's up with the accessory tray? It felt like it was welded shut, and with the plastic feeling flimsier than usual I thought it was going to rip apart before I got into it.

No time to play now, but will set him up later, probably with the hockey-masked Heat gang as his groupies.

Is it just me or is the actual mask not right. In part 3 the mask to me was more stretched down in appearance

Yes it looks a lot more like the remake mask than part 3 and the neck is more textured like the remake rather than smooth like part 3 as well. I guess it's a remake Jason from the neck up and Part 3 Jason from the neck down.

Attachments

• 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1  hm 1.jpg
    1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 hm 1.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 153
  • 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 hm 2.jpg
    1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 hm 2.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 150
Yea mask should have a little lip along the bottom edge. Could be easy to add and match the paint. Same for the thick mutant neck.

That Chevron being off is unacceptable... If its correct on some...it should be correct on all.

If you can find one pic where its centered....they would need to exchange it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This guy was in charge of the chevrons on the mask.

Attachments

• 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 china.jpg
    1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 china.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 147
Sorry for all the issues you guys are getting I hope mine comes in almost perfect but great shots in here hopefully all problems get fixed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

If anyone has a successful return / fix done by Sideshow regarding the issues please post your results or responses so we see how the customer service is dealing with the issue. This is my first Sideshow produced figure and Freddy is my second so I would like to know if it would be wise to continue buying anything they make.

Edit: I just checked my records and I have bought two things made by Sideshow before but they were bought in a comic book store.
I bought a General Kenobi in Trooper Armor which was made in conjunction with Hot Toys and it had no issues.
I also bought a Premium Format Mystique Exclusive Version Statue and it had no issues but it was a statue and not a figure.
The Jason is my first true Sideshow figure and it was purchased from a Sideshow Distributor. He said he will take care of any issues.
I just hope they consider crooked paint application an issue. Best of luck to those who attempt returns / exchanges / fixes.

Not to dwell on the issue, but I don't think it's something they will fix (the chevrons). Similar to Threepio, if you look at the final production photos, most of them have chevrons that are off-center. Example:
SSCJason3.jpg

And here's mine in hand:
JasonArrives3.jpg

Still worth a try though...

I'm a little surprised. I know I'm not the most eagle-eyed for some details, but I'm surprised that no one else seemed to notice that when they posted the production pics. But I do think the rest of the figure is top-notch. I don't have any ankle issues, and the tailoring is great. As others have mentioned, the green on the shirt looks much better (looks green) in hand, and I think he'll look excellent and intimidating on the shelf!

Nice shot Jimmie. I think it looks great.

Congrats Jimmie, looks fantastic buddy, nice pick-up:hi5:

Looks great to me Mulvey.:clap Congrats on getting this figure. I'm waiting for BBTS to ship mine.

Thank you all. It really is a nicely done figure.

Looks great man . What did you use for padding?

I cut up little pieces of foam makeup applicator triangles. My girlfriend said a small pack of them is really cheap if that's what you're looking to use.

Back