SSC Jason Voorhees Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They went to the effort to detail the torso and arms, which are far less likely to be exposed than the face, but not the actual face. That's odd.

I don't blame them. They wanted to keep the costs down and there is only a subset of Jason fans that would want to display him without the mask (plus, let's be honest, SSC paint and detail... even a monster face like Jason's would likely *coughs* leave room for improvement, whereas I trust them to do the mask OK). Personally I love the scene where he's hanging and reveals his face, so it would be great to have, but I can see from their point of view that it saves money and hassle not to bother.

People are already complaining about the price and details on this one, even though there is nothing close on the market. I had Beto's Part III Jason and it's going for over 10x what SSC's costs. Keep some perspective (not aimed at you, Pryd, just at anyone 'disappointed' with this figure) and just be happy they're doing it at all. I know I am.

Edit: Just went over the pics again at SSC. If the finished product comes even close, it will be amazing. I wish it was a bit more expensive, in a way, if it'd ensure it was closer to the prototype.

Last edited:
I have Pt. 3 and 4 figs that I'm extremely happy with so I was never really vested in this, though I would've picked up an odd part or two if it would've been an upgrade (might go for the hands and possibly the body just for the forearms). Just as a spectator I'm disappointed that they didn't do a reveal sculpt but overall it's a good looking piece and will fit beautifully in anyone's collection that has a Jason shaped hole.

Shame about no maskless portrait but having sold Beto's III and IV, this is the next best thing (though way, way down in comparison, of course). Still, for the price of zero dollars (used rewards points for the entire purchase), it'll do nicely. Pretty excited for it, really. Crossing my fingers that there's nothing here SSC can screw up. :pray:

Can't go wrong with that price! Congrats brotha :duff

Limited edition? Do they mean the entire line or just the exclusive?

I am also a bit bummed about no face. But the rest is so good I already PO'd

I think I will pick up an exposed head on ebay.

I think im going to make a little dock dio/stand for him. I think I have time to work that out before he gets here :)

I think im going to make a little dock dio/stand for him. I think I have time to work that out before he gets here :)

I'm gonna tackle this too. I've got 5 lbs of firm sculpey I haven't used and thinking either the barn, the dock or the front of some dilapidated cabin to display him in front of.

Damn shame that this does not come with a removable mask, and to see fellow freaks defending the decision is crazy, more dosh but getting less doesn't quite add up to me. :dunno

What next Freddy's hat is non-removable or what?

Having said all that the figure looks fantastic and I have PO him, usually stick to UK based sites but I just had to get the exclusive through SS. Being my first order and all does that mean they just take the PO deposit upfront and then the rest when he arrives into their warehouse?

Thanks.

Not defending the choice, but maybe posing a thought on why it was made. At the end of the day, Sideshow is a US based company which will translate to higher prices. Either we pay higher prices for more or lower prices for less.

In all honesty the price point is a side issue really, everything is going up and up, just the way the world is nowadays.

If the figure is $50. $150 or in this case $209 it should still have had a removable mask, 100%. Surely any customizer, big company sit down and say, the mask being removable is definitely on the 'to do' list. It is just as big a sin if they didn't give him his traditional machete for me.

Just baffling. :gah:

I understand seeing the choice as clear cut and dry for you, but maybe not as much for others. Like me for example. I don't care if it comes off. I'm also not really concerned about the price either but Im also a custom collector and maker too so often times I might see things a little different than some. Again, I'm not justifying choices, I'm just making guesses based on trends.guessing that face paint is one of the hardest things to get right, I assume that translates to cost. This board has been pretty vocal on the raising of prices of sideshow so I can't help but think this was a way for them to keep it lower. But in the end, all of us making guesses are just that, guesses. Unless some one from Sideshow who is involved in the process of making comes on here, we'll have to stick to guesses.

Yep it is all speculation at the end of the day and we are not dealing in fact here at all and like you say unless we get it official from SS then we will never know. Just a bit of a bummer on an overall excellent looking piece from SS.

Sure 99% of the time like most I will display him masked but would always like the alternative to display. Had we got the unmasked head then we would all probably complain about the lack of battle-damaged head sculpt and battle-damaged mask knowing how fickle we are in this hobby. :lecture :lol

I'm well aware of your work buddy. :hi5:

Back