SSC Jason Voorhees Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the listed height accurate? Richard Brooker was 6' 3" you put lifts on him then this figure should be closer to 13" tall. I hope they correct the height before they start manufacturing.
I have some faith that he will be taller than listed because of the description on the product page:

SSC said:
•A unique larger Jason body with newly sculpted textured torso and arms as seen in Friday the 13th Part III

And that Jason print today was not so appealing.
Agreed, the print just doesn't capture Jason at all, IMO. I would've preferred something more atmospheric. All my favourite shots of Jason in the movies are of him in a broader background, like forest or whatnot.

The proportion and tailoring of this figure is perfect, he looks like an actual 1:1 person standing. This is the first time I've seen an SSC 1:6 that rivals the 1:4, great work.

People gotta keep in mind, $210 for Jason is way below what SSC would charge today, Beetlejuice is freaken $240. If they do add a maskless portrait for Jason, which most people wouldn't display anyway, you can bet they will definitely not keep the price at $210, there's no way.

As much as I want a maskless head, I gotta admit I'm not a big enough Jason fan to spend $250ish for his 1:6, but at $210 and the fact he is one of the most well done 1:6th I've seen from SSC, I'm definitely getting him.

----

Last edited:
I have some faith that he will be taller than listed because of the description on the product page:

Agreed, the print just doesn't capture Jason at all, IMO. I would've preferred something more atmospheric. All my favourite shots of Jason in the movies are of him in a broader background, like forest or whatnot.

I'm glad somebody agrees with me, cause the no blood on the machete just does not capture the killer motivation in this monster. I would've preferred a full figure shot getting ready to slice somebody up. And if you noticed, the price is actually cheaper for this print cause they might be using a lower grade paper. I ordered the Jason PF so unless they make another print to match this statue, I got no print for it. I guess I could get the part 3 movie poster.

Since they didn't even have a photo up of everything that is included, I have a feeling they're still working on this one quite a bit and just put it up earlier that they would've liked since it was Friday the 13th.

If Jason was 6'3" in Part III, then this figure should be 12.5" or even a bit bigger because of the boots. That is a little disappointing if he'll only be 12".

I'm hoping the unmasked sculpt just isn't ready and that they'll correct his height. With that said, I still ordered this as quickly as possible. :D

Well, technically they put it up 'late'. It was supposed to be up for PO a few weeks back and they pulled it at the last second. They could be planning to include an unmasked portrait though. I can't recall SS making such a big change after PO though. As for height, unless the specs are incorrect, I can't see that changing.

Look up a Hot Toys Black Widow Figure it says 11 inches tall.

Sideshow made the Jason figure and can fill in the stats more accurately.

I sent an email to their support to see if the height is accurate on the order page or not.

I will post a response if I get one.

SS didn't make HT Black Widow.

Almost all of SS made figures have always shown the generic 12" height and 3lb weight. All their previous Jason figures were well over 12" except Pt 2. I certainly won't expect Jason to be only a inch taller than Black Widow. :lol

Ordered. Not a hard choice really. Thank you, Sideshow :)

I only owe $170 when it comes time to ship.

You need to move, brah!

The proportion and tailoring of this figure is perfect, he looks like an actual 1:1 person standing. This is the first time I've seen an SSC 1:6 that rivals the 1:4, great work.

People gotta keep in mind, $210 for Jason is way below what SSC would charge today, Beetlejuice is freaken $240. If they do add a maskless portrait for Jason, which most people wouldn't display anyway, you can bet they will definitely not keep the price at $210, there's no way.

As much as I want a maskless head, I gotta admit I'm not a big enough Jason fan to spend $250ish for his 1:6, but at $210 and the fact he is one of the most well done 1:6th I've seen from SSC, I'm definitely getting him.

----

I wouldn't mind paying another $20 for a unmasked head. Considering the price is still high, another $20 or other reasonable amount is not going to make such a huge hole in somebody's pocket. I am pretty sure if it had that unmasked alternate head, that 1000 ES would've been gone a long time ago today.

I feel like if SSC gave us the full package with the unmasked head, they can charge you $250 and get away with it. So at $210 for a nice barebone Jason I'm gonna call it a day.

---

I got a response regarding the figure's height.

Michelle Gaeta (Sideshow)

May 13, 2:52 PM

Hello

Thank you so much for contacting Sideshow Support! The Jason Voorhees figure is indeed a sixth scale figure, measuring at 12 inches.

Jason is one of the most menacing killers in the slasher universe, there is no doubt about that! He towers over every victim, and it certainly creates a truly nightmarish image that is hard to ignore.

Some months ago, Sideshow released an outstanding premium format figure, measuring at nearly 2 feet tall, base included. This statue is very imposing, and perfect for such a killer as Jason.

This new sixth scale figure, while on the smaller side, was created with a great amount of love and detail, and the great thing about sixth scales is the ability to articulate the figure, unlike a statue. He can stand in that terrifying state of repose, or raise his arms while wielding a weapon. You can pose Jason as you see fit!

Speaking as someone who actually has an older Jason sixth scale, sitting on her desk, I can say that the smaller size does not take away from the appeal. I am so happy to be able to raise that machete high over head, which definitely could not be be done with a statue.

Thank you again for taking the time to reach out to us today, it is greatly appreciated!

Best regards,

Michelle Gaeta

So it looks like he is 12 inches. I don't know why it is advertised as sixth scale then. What do you all think?
I wanted to pose him with the Freddy when that gets released but it will look odd when they may be close to the same size.
I also wanted him to pose with my Rick Grimes. He should tower over Rick.

EDIT: Just re-read the email. Maybe she is just trying to make me feel better that I don't have a statue or something. Maybe the support really has no idea of the actual final size. :confused:

It doesn't sound like that person understood your question though.

She's more concern about the 1:6th figure being small compared to the 1:4. You are asking if this 1:6th is slightly taller then 12", she doesn't understand that's what you want to know.

Because we can all be vague and say Black Widow is 12", Predators are 12" etc, even though technically they're not. We want to know if this Jason actually is 12", or taller.

Last edited:
Hmm, I still don't 100% take the rep's word for it, given how form lettery the response is. I'll assume it's 12" and it'll just be a bonus if it's more correctly proportioned at 13". It'll be on my work desk with no other figures around for comparison, anyway, so I don't think it'll bother me regardless.

He's 1:6. Sideshow's older figures were slightly oversized. Once they developed the pro body, they shrunk their sizing a bit to better fit in with HT's sizing. He's still what the industry calls a 12" figure, but will likely be slightly taller than that. Even 12.5" would be correct as 1:6 for a 6 foot person is exactly 12." 13" would be a 6' 5" person and 14" for a 7 foot guy, etc. 1:6 scale it the technical size of the figures, but since most are 12" that's just become an interchangeable term to most people.

I'm not sure why everyone is surprised about the mask. The PF's mask is permanently attached as well. Something much larger and easier to make a removable mask for didn't have one. And the fact it wasn't shown in the pre-order preview with the exclusive item and price was a good indicator it wasn't coming with it - they tend to like to highlight the best aspects of the figure then.

Would I have liked a maskless head? Sure. But honestly, I've always kept my Jason masked. Heck, I never even untied my Pt 2 Jason's sack mask. I'd rather have a more elaborate, diorama style base than a maskless head at this point.

To be fair, Sideshow did include a second camo head with Firefly after fan demand for one. Granted it was the same headsculpt as the grey mask, but it was a bonus head not previously solicited at pre-order. So a removable mask might not be out of the realm of possibility if the demand is there.

The spear gun looks way too short. It's a lot longer in the movie and the one that comes with the 1/4 PF is more screen accurate.

Just pre ordered from sideshow but only payed the deposit does that still get me the exclusive or do you need pay it all up front for that :)?

I think the height will probably be taller than 12". If you look at the spear gun pose, the shoulder is pivoting pretty low which makes me think that the head, neck and shoulder sections are add ons. Assuming they are using the new Drake/Snake/Indy body with a new top. With the additions, it will most likely be taller than twelve. Even if it's an older body, that addition will probably still put him over the 12" normal.

I would also guess that the sculpt is complete under the mask. But with the recent backlash on figure price increases, Sideshow ditched the removable mask to keep the price lower by not painting the face.

I don't know the accuracy of this figure but Mijin Namgung killed it on the tailoring. The clothing fits that body perfect. Just an outstanding job fitting the costume.

Last edited:
I had betos part 3 and had to sell it due to personal reasons. So I'm missing the void of Jason in my collection so I'm hoping this will fill it!!!

Back