SSC Jason Voorhees Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They were going to charge for everything 300$? Are they crazy or what? That license + production costs + benefits cant cost that much!!!!!!!!

Ohh man, thats a fail not including the head!!! Cant you see it Sideshow??
Dont worry, Jason will help you.

We have no idea what it would've cost, my guess is in the $250-260 range like the Lukes they've recently released. I would've been thrilled to get everything in that pic at that price, considering it's an all-new body, arms and hands as well. This figure would've been like a mass-produced custom figure basically. :p

It worked for Joe release once upon a time, but sideshow generally doesn't give a **** what we think or have to say anymore. If anything they probably make Dave remove the pictures.

Something is rotten in the state of Dave. Trouble with having fingers in too many pies.

Might be wrong but looks like Sideshow deleted the Facebook posts?

It's becuase it wasn't going to work and there is no use stirring the pot. If the addition was going to price the figure at $250-60 range Sideshow would probably have gone ahead but given the cutting of it, I'm guessing it was going to be way higher.

Seems they should have opted for 2 versions of the figure a regular and deluxe... regular just has the masked head for $209; but if you wanted the whole set you pay $50 or so more. Doesn't seem like they are generally worried about keeping costs down (*cough cough, barebones Beetlejuice for $240) so why shy away on one of the heavy hitters of horror? :huh

Seems they should have opted for 2 versions of the figure a regular and deluxe... regular just has the masked head for $209; but if you wanted the whole set you pay $50 or so more. Doesn't seem like they are generally worried about keeping costs down (*cough cough, barebones Beetlejuice for $240) so why shy away on one of the heavy hitters of horror? :huh

Correct; and Circle gets the square!

Exactly. They'd still sell the projected 1000 exclusives at a higher price and still sell the regular version for $210. This is a greeeeeeeeeasy situation SS. Make me happy dammit.

This has quickly become my favorite thread, lol. All joking aside, I am keeping my preorder. I will no doubt love the figure, because I've always wanted a Jason. It's just disappointing knowing what could have been. I wish I hadn't seen the headsculpt pictures.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I also wish I hadn't seen the headsculpt and prototype hands. Now I want what i will never have.

That's what talented customizers are for, I suppose!

Not including the extra head, mask and hands is simply to minimize production costs and the risk of lower margins on Sideshow's part. It has heck all to do with "making the figure more affordable for Jason collectors." B and S. :mad:

Sideshow can be so god damned frustrating sometimes. :banghead

Seriously, who makes decisions like this???

F!

Not including the extra head, mask and hands is simply to minimize production costs and risk on Sideshow's part. It has heck all to do with "making the figure affordable for Jason collectors." B and S. :mad:

Sideshow can be so god damned frustrating sometimes. :banghead

Seriously, who makes nonsensical decisions like this???

F!

:exactly:That pretty much sums it up.:lol

Maybe it's a licencing issue? Otherwise I just can't understand the whole trying to save collectors some money approach. Pricing complaints usually come when collectors feel that they aren't getting their money's worth. That totally would not have been the case here if that proto HS and accessories were part of the set (even at $50 or $60 more).

Thing is, I think everyone anticipated Jason coming in at a price like Beetlejuice, with a comparable number of accessories. Maybe the new bulky body parts really did drive the cost up.

I just can't unsee it now.

:exactly:That pretty much sums it up.:lol

Maybe it's a licencing issue?

Nope. It's about one thing and one thing only: The bottom line. This is a company that absolutely cares more about pinching pennies and cutting corners than it does in putting the best possible quality products out on the market. There is no other rational conclusion after decisions like this and more than decade worth of consistent QC issues. Unfortunately, putting out a half-assed product has become the norm, rather than the exception. And it's a damn shame, because Sideshow has some very talented people and a lot of amazing licenses.

They just don't give enough of a ****. That is the #1 problem.

My email to Sideshow:

The production team should strongly reconsider releasing this version of the upcoming Sixth Scale Jason Voorhees figure. Everything pictured represents the ultimate version that you could produce so why not produce it? *This is very disappointing to see what could be made. *If Wolverine can get two portraits and unique body and arm attachments for $250 how is an extra head, mask, and two hands such a costly endeavor?

Sincerely,

Alexander Morrow

My response from Sideshow:

Hi Alexander,*thanks for sharing your comments on our Jason Voorhees piece. Please know we hear you -all the fans, and all the talk about the possibility of an unmasked Jason. Our creative team worked hard to create a figure that was incredibly detailed and accurate, at a reasonable 1:6 price. In the process, the team decided to do one single head sculpt -with the mask to keep the cost down for all Jason collectors.

This is an incredible piece for $209, the detail and coloring on the mask is absolutely amazing! We're confident you -all Jason collectors are going to love this piece. Thanks again for your email, and sharing your +1 thoughts.

Happy Collecting,*
Sideshow Support

Seems like this is the standard reply they are going to give anyone writing in but possibly they could offer a "Deluxe" version of fans show enough interest.

I received the exact same reply. Copied and pasted. Thanks SS.

Moving along. Its a beautiful figure at the end of the day but I won't support **** all going forward.

Seeing these replies from SS is increasingly frustrating. They keep justifying the $209 price which no one has an issue with. The point that they seem to keep ignoring is that collectors are more than willing to pay more for something if the quality is there.

Back