SSC Jason Voorhees Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again, they just don't care. And there's no real, true pride in their own products and making every one the best possible product it can be.

Shameful.

Oh well.

Remember that weird thing where they said they were going to put it up for pre-order the next week and then unceremoniously removed the wording and date and the announcement was delayed another 2-3 weeks? Yeah, dollars to donuts that was not about moving the pre-order to a Friday the 13th, but when some bean counter at Sideshow made the decision to 86 the additional accessories.

And removing additional hands is a clear indication that it was all about pinching pennies.

Again, where is the pride in the work and product?? There's being business-minded, and then there is is being annoyingly frugal and/or greedy, to the detriment of your own products.

I'm glad Sideshow is so concerned about my wallet, and how much I can spend. I'll tell my wife she can relax now. Sideshow's got her covered.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I blame the cheap people that posted this figure would be overpriced!

It's true. I read so many complaints about SS retail prices of their recent releases. It's obvious that they at SS do keep a close eye on those threads and read all of the comments given that probably played a big role in their decision with Jason.

It's true. I read so many complaints about SS retail prices of their recent releases. It's obvious that they at SS do keep a close eye on those threads and read all of the comments given that probably played a big role in their decision with Jason.

If true, that's also so very Sideshow to view it that way... Instead of considering that a lot of their stuff might actually be overpriced now.

They haven't earned the benefit of doubt many seem all to willing to give them, especially since QC issues remain a constant concern.

Complaints and concerns about the current pricing levels are absolutely valid.

Last edited:
If true, that's also so very Sideshow to view it that way... Instead of considering that their stuff might actually be overpriced now.

They haven't earned the benefit of doubt many seem all to willing to give them, especially since QC issues remain a constant concern.

Oh I agree. Their QC will always remain an issue with me. I still remain skeptical about ordering their figures, and in this case, I had to get Jason regardless and we shall see when the final product comes out. I'm just not worrying about the extra head sculpt it supposed to come with. I know there will be one made now that this figure is coming out and people will want an extra sculpt to go with it. I won't be surprised there will be a run for the extra sculpt coming up soon or later

This figure should have come with everything we see in those pics and been priced at $234.99 A few people would have complained, but FAR more people would have been happier with it. Guaranteed.

Sideshow peed the bed. Plain and simple.

My response from Sideshow:

Hi Alexander,*thanks for sharing your comments on our Jason Voorhees piece. Please know we hear you -all the fans, and all the talk about the possibility of an unmasked Jason. Our creative team worked hard to create a figure that was incredibly detailed and accurate, at a reasonable 1:6 price. In the process, the team decided to do one single head sculpt -with the mask to keep the cost down for all Jason collectors.

This is an incredible piece for $209, the detail and coloring on the mask is absolutely amazing! We're confident you -all Jason collectors are going to love this piece. Thanks again for your email, and sharing your +1 thoughts.

Happy Collecting,*
Sideshow Support

I got that same email reply, but with "Hi Nathan," at the beginning, which made me more frustrated. I almost imagine somebody in the creative department telling customer service to implement the "ignore politely protocol".

I'm still super happy with the Jason we're getting. I might even buy an extra one for customizing and funsies since he is very reasonably priced.

I do, however, totally get the frustration on this. If $230 is the standard, with accessories, then stick with it and take your financial lumps (like with Jason) since you'll be able to make it up on the lighter figures (like Beetlejuice).

I still think we should all embrace the excitement of having a new, quality Jason on the way, and we can hope Sideshow will release the pieces as accessories down the line.

My hope is that it will be possible to pry the mask off, and that the full sculpt will still be there, even if it needs a little repair and repaint work. In which case we can all customize the ax wounds and blood. If that's the case, I'll still buy two or three and be very pleased the price is only $210.

What will happen is SS will release it again down the road as a DX of sorts with everything, maybe minus the Spear gun this time and claim they are "doing it for the fans" since the "fans demanded it" and charge $250/260, forcing those that wanted the unmasked to double dip.
Watch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I really doubt there is a face under the mask... maybe some eyes, but I'd imagine it a flat surface that the mask plugs into.

I have a feeling someone will come along and offer up a nice sculpt to compensate. I have a Beto v1 sculpt so in a worst case scenario I could always chop off the neck and use that.

What should we all conclude?

Okay dog.jpeg

This figure should have come with everything we see in those pics and been priced at $234.99 A few people would have complained, but FAR more people would have been happier with it. Guaranteed.

Sideshow peed the bed. Plain and simple.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Back