SSC Jack Burton Big Trouble in Little China Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like your talking about Stiff Richards. lol - that guy is the king of super expensive 'elite' unlicensed figures. That last thing you said reminds me of how Redman Toys came out with their Blade Runner figures not so long ago. I don't think Sideshow had a problem with those. It does suck for people who never got the Brothers Production 2.0 Deckard. The battle damage head on it is top notch! The Redman one looks atrocious. What a damn shame Sideshow put an awesome Deckard on display years ago.....just to throw it in the face of collectors by saying it's not going into production.

Although me and Joe don't see eye too eye I have much respect for his passion of the hobby, however it's not referring to Joe they are referring to a well known youtube reviewer.The backlash for this is massive.... If anything I'm probably now more likely to buy a bootleg due to sideshows views.

OSR, Paid Youtube reviewers all dropping Sideshow paid sponsor..... The community is urging people to no longer buy via sideshow support your retailers. Without customs sideshow figures wouldn't sell as well and we'd be stuck with some of the worst sculpts in 1:6!
Sideshow need to take a long hard look at their crap figures they put out.

Give this video a watch or listen in the background it explains all and gives examples of who have pulled their support for sideshow.

Last edited:
Funny thing is Beetlejuice is a pretty well done figure overalll... even the paint is solid, but such a weird sculpt. I ended up liking the sculpt better in hand and never bothered replacing it; but such an odd decision on an otherwise good figure.
Damn right! Makes NO sense with anyone saying that sculpt isn't absolutely Keaton. The paint and sculpt is excellent..it's just that inappropriate expression. Sure, it's a face that the character made, but look at every single NECA Beetlejuice figure; they didn't have their heads up their a s s. They gave them that devilish grin they're known for....not some wide-eyed befuddled look. But like I've said before; sure, Snake, Ash, Beetlejuice, Jack, Freddy & Jason could have been better..but I'm just greatful that A company stepped up to make them. Threezero would have done a better job I'm sure, but we didn't get Threezero, we got good ol' Sideshow. Now let's see if they ever do a D i c k Tracy or a Rocketeer to replace the Medicom ones. A D i c k Tracy would only have a passing resemblance to Warren Beatty probably, but would be sooooo freakin awesome to complete my iconic childhood heroes. Oh, and Pee-Wee Herman too! No actual company would 'touch' that unfortunately lol.

Although me and Joe don't see eye too eye I have much respect for his passion of the hobby, however it's not referring to Joe they are referring to a well known youtube reviewer.The backlash for this is massive.... If anything I'm probably now more likely to buy a bootleg due to sideshows views.

OSR, Paid Youtube reviewers all dropping Sideshow paid sponsor..... The community is urging people to no longer buy via sideshow support your retailers. Without customs sideshow figures wouldn't sell as well and we'd be stuck with some of the worst sculpts in 1:6!
Sideshow need to take a long hard look at their crap figures they put out.

Give this video a watch or listen in the background it explains all and gives examples of who have pulled their support for sideshow.

Just listened to the video..and wow....simply wow. They're doing a splendid job further showing just how pathetic and narcissistic they are. Talk about over-inflating your worth. I genuinely can't think of another 1/6 company that gives less of a ******* pertaining to the quality (higher price should equal higher quality) of their figures. A $100 figure has just as good or better of a head sculpt than a $250 Sideshow figure. Why in the hell do they hire so/so talented (great for 2008) artists? Well, cause they're cheaper of course! We'd honestly rather pay BIG bucks for a super high quality figure than a product where obvious corners have been cut. Simply put, if company A, B & C can produce a great figure/accurate sculpt for X number amount of money, why would we put up with this lone wolf company charging MORE for a
half-a s s e d product? I mean, yeah, it's great you made it..but if it was made RIGHT the first time we wouldn't have a need to upgrade it.

Sounds like your talking about Stiff Richards. lol - that guy is the king of super expensive 'elite' unlicensed figures. That last thing you said reminds me of how Redman Toys came out with their Blade Runner figures not so long ago. I don't think Sideshow had a problem with those. It does suck for people who never got the Brothers Production 2.0 Deckard. The battle damage head on it is top notch! The Redman one looks atrocious. What a damn shame Sideshow put an awesome Deckard on display years ago.....just to throw it in the face of collectors by saying it's not going into production.

Nope, not Stiff Richards. This guy is a sideshow affiliate, he reviews figures and because of this new policy he needs to remove all his review on youtube regarding unlicensed figure

The issue primarily seems to be the factories that Sideshow uses. I've said this before, but Sideshow really needs to find out which factory QMX uses, and start using them for their production pieces.

Man... will be interesting to see what happens here on the boards. SSF is an affiliate and that would mean the entire customs section and probably a 1/4 of the content would need to be scrubbed. Just about every thread has a discussion of customizing in it somewhere.

I imagine that it's better to get the contribution that the custom artists and sellers give than what sideshow gives the board.

I might cancel now that I've seen these. I don't want to spend $40 on shipping and returning it.

FB_IMG_1528475371233.jpg
FB_IMG_1528475377741.jpg

Man... will be interesting to see what happens here on the boards. SSF is an affiliate and that would mean the entire customs section and probably a 1/4 of the content would need to be scrubbed. Just about every thread has a discussion of customizing in it somewhere.

Is there any other safe haven? Haha I honestly don't know what or how half the customs that people do would get out there. I have trouble finding all the info on where to order 3rd party releases let alone custom 20 unit productions.

Not to sound like a current American D-bag, and I'm sure everyone knows what I'm talking about, but very much agree with this statement. I too want to support an American company. Even though they seem to be using more and more sculptors from around the world. I'll pay a little more knowing they are from the US. And yes I know they are manufactured in China.

Thanks for slyly jamming in politics where I’d least like to see them.

I can’t wait for my Burton; this is probably the only release we’ll ever get of this caliber like it or not.

Woof that looks terrible. Definitely needs to be repainted at the bare minimum. Last SS figure I order sight unseen. If this wasn’t from a favorite movie, I’d be cancelling right along side the rest of you.

Back