SSC Jack Burton Big Trouble in Little China Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One shouldn't be paying $200+ for a figure and then having to replace the body or get the head repainted. Unforgivable from Sideshow at this price point.

Think the head looks big because the hair sculpt is wayyyy to big and tall, if is reworked and made a little lower and not so "square" will improve not only the size perspective...but also the overal apperance of the sculpt.

I REALLY want this figure...but...not willing to pay the SS asking price....if anyone want to trade their Jack Burton, look me up...I will even do "custom work trade" for one....the thing is...I waited SOOOO LONG for this....that it make it even more disapointing for me when the product was finaly released and was not at least half good in the HS as the prototype....still....is the only one available of Jack Burton, so will have to work with it....just...not going to reward Sideshow Col. with their asking price.

Hard to decide to cancel or not. Eamon's pics seemed to show that this actually looks good in hand.

If it shows up looking like Eamon's, it will have a place on my shelf.
For the price I expected better, but it is ...ok. Big old bowl of "ok" will have to do since no one else is realistically providing btilc figures.

Sideshow sent an email about banning custom works related to their licenses. So do you think there won't be any custom head sculpt for this?

Saw someone posted it on OSR, it's not for everyone, only sideshow affiliates. They can't support or promote customs, something like that. There's one guy, he needs to remove all his unlicensed figure reviews on youtube. Is this forum an affiliate? If it is, I guess there won't be any interest thread for custom hs. Can someone clear this up for us? Oh and I saw the blackbox replicant got shut down, is that because Sideshow has the license for Blade Runner?

Maybe if they put out decent pieces instead of the cheap crap and unforgivable sculpts they do such as Beetlejuice and Snake and this we wouldn't have to replace their work with customs.

Get wise sideshow or go home we support it because you can't get it right....Prime example is beetlejuice
:rotfl

before and after - and they wonder why we buy bootlegs and customs....pssssh. :lecture

18301675_1534215486589921_6004815985381531791_n.jpg
18274999_1534188996592570_6836816479020150882_n.jpg

Last edited:
What's ironic is that in a number of cases they are selling more figures because of custom heads like the one above... gonna guess a specific licensee got pissed off and complained as generally they haven't seemed that concerned.

What's ironic is that in a number of cases they are selling more figures because of custom heads like the one above... gonna guess a specific licensee got pissed off and complained as generally they haven't seemed that concerned.
Exactly what I think about this whole situation.
I just can't see Sideshow bein' THAT stupid.
License holders, on the other hand, always are.

Maybe if they put out decent pieces instead of the cheap crap and unforgivable sculpts they do such as Beetlejuice and Snake and this we wouldn't have to replace their work with customs.

Get wise sideshow or go home we support it because you can't get it right....Prime example is beetlejuice
:rotfl

before and after - and they wonder why we buy bootlegs and customs....pssssh. :lecture

View attachment 412471
View attachment 412472

I never understood why they based that left one on Booger from Revenge of the Nerds.

Their handling of Beetlejuice was just sad. I was really excited when it was first announced, then the pics....
I was looking forward to Jack Burton too. Even more so because Ash turned out so well. These first pics though are Beetlejuice all over again. C’mon SS. Get good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Funny thing is Beetlejuice is a pretty well done figure overalll... even the paint is solid, but such a weird sculpt. I ended up liking the sculpt better in hand and never bothered replacing it; but such an odd decision on an otherwise good figure.

That is why I'll keep my order with ss. The rest of the figure is fine. double rewards and free shipping. :dunno

If a new sculpt comes along so be it.

It was one of the offers when SS initially offered him.

I didn't get either offer when I first ordered and it was pretty early. I've since cancelled, but that would've been something at least. I'll either buy it on sale when it lingers there or on eBay later down the line.

I didn't get either offer when I first ordered and it was pretty early. I've since cancelled, but that would've been something at least. I'll either buy it on sale when it lingers there or on eBay later down the line.
I think it was only the first week or two that old Jack was up for preorder that the free shipping and double rewards offer was up. I ordered mine February 28th and got free shipping, but I'm not getting any rewards since I used rewards only to pay for the figure.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Saw someone posted it on OSR, it's not for everyone, only sideshow affiliates. They can't support or promote customs, something like that. There's one guy, he needs to remove all his unlicensed figure reviews on youtube. Is this forum an affiliate? If it is, I guess there won't be any interest thread for custom hs. Can someone clear this up for us? Oh and I saw the blackbox replicant got shut down, is that because Sideshow has the license for Blade Runner?
Sounds like your talking about Stiff Richards. lol - that guy is the king of super expensive 'elite' unlicensed figures. That last thing you said reminds me of how Redman Toys came out with their Blade Runner figures not so long ago. I don't think Sideshow had a problem with those. It does suck for people who never got the Brothers Production 2.0 Deckard. The battle damage head on it is top notch! The Redman one looks atrocious. What a damn shame Sideshow put an awesome Deckard on display years ago.....just to throw it in the face of collectors by saying it's not going into production.

Back