SSC Jack Burton Big Trouble in Little China Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Add me to the list of people disappointed in this figure. You shouldn’t have to think about a repaint right out of he box after dropping $240 on a figure. Common sense is telling me get the refund, but my heart says keep it since Jacks never getting made again. Can’t say I’m surprised, just disappointed.

Not interested in this figure but based on pics so far this doesn't look good which is too bad for fans of the film. With so few niche figures like this being made I selfishly want stuff like this to do well in hopes of other stuff like it to see the light of day.

It's not an apples to apples comparison but it's a tough sell when something of this quality is roughly the same price as the DX 15 Jack Sparrow which I recently unboxed. It looks like a realistic 1/6 Johnny Depp loaded with pirate accessories, an elaborate base, and fancy packaging. It raises expectations when you see first-hand what is possible.

Sideshow has made several figures I really enjoy over the years but sadly have never managed to get their human figs up to snuff. In my opinion their best stock human head is Ash. It remains the only sideshow human I have on display that doesn't have headwear or something covering or at least shading the face.

Plissken, Ash, Beetlejuice now Jack. I’m glad SS made cult characters but the final product has not been worth the asking price. But better a lackluster and overpriced figure than no figure at all?

Plissken, Ash, Beetlejuice now Jack. I’m glad SS made cult characters but the final product has not been worth the asking price. But better a lackluster and overpriced figure than no figure at all?

I'm glad I was able to cancel and could pick it up later on eBay or something for a discount I'm sure.

I'm in California so I was paying sales tax on top of this. This figure was going to be about $275 with shipping and tax for me.

I have to say, based on what I can tell from pics, I've seen a lot worse from SSC. This doesn't look all that great of course, and looks like a pretty big step down from their Ash, which from what I've seen was their high water mark in recent years, but. . .I would consider it if I saw a good sale.

*********, enough with those ugly ****ing stands already. Actually putting some color on them would be a start.

shells075 - thanks for posting that vid!
That said, can someone with a real camera take pics or post a video so that we can get a true sense of how this figure looks? If not, shells075, can you take pics or vid comparing the figure to something everyone knows (either SS Ash, or some other current 1/6 fig)?
Due to the camera quality and lighting, even the Godfather figure in the Detolf doesn't look very good, and that's a pretty decent figure....

edit - after looking at some of your other vids on your YouTube channel, some of the figs I own, I think I can get a better gauge of how this will look in hand. Thanks again for posting!!

shells075 - thanks for posting that vid!
That said, can someone with a real camera take pics or post a video so that we can get a true sense of how this figure looks? If not, shells075, can you take pics or vid comparing the figure to something everyone knows (either SS Ash, or some other current 1/6 fig)?
Due to the camera quality and lighting, even the Godfather figure in the Detolf doesn't look very good, and that's a pretty decent figure....

edit - after looking at some of your other vids on your YouTube channel, some of the figs I own, I think I can get a better gauge of how this will look in hand. Thanks again for posting!!

Yeah I really need to invest in a better camera, it doesn't do the figs justice. I think most people will be happy with the fig nut maybe wait a few months and see if the price drops.

Yeah I really need to invest in a better camera, it doesn't do the figs justice. I think most people will be happy with the fig nut maybe wait a few months and see if the price drops.

So you recommend it then? Have to make a final decision since I just got 10 day notice.

anyone have a better pix of him? i also just got mine 10 days notice, "will be arriving into our warehouse in approximately 10 days"

rN7aQmk.jpg

Back