SSC Helmeted Cobra Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SS Facebook announcement G.I. JOE: Helmeted Cobra Commander

:lol I must be the only one whose not impressed.

Head still looks funny.. and I can't believe they didn't go classic gun for him.

everything else looks okay.

Hey guys, this CC obviously doesn't come with his iconic toy blaster but I just did some perusing of the early comics and BOTH guns were featured early on in the Marvel run.

The new exclusive laser pistol was actually featured in GI Joe #1 from 1982. He held it to the blond woman's head.

He wielded the Mauser pistol in issue #5.

I'm pretty picky but really all I ask that these guys be "vintage," whether it be from the toys, Sunbow cartoon, or Marvel comics. This one qualifies for me. No complaints.

its a cool gun, but not worth the extra money to have it (to me anyway)...Sideshow claims the gun showed up with the 82 CC mail away which is false.The Mauser is the cooler gun to have and the 1st version CC has the vintage pistol so I am good there

Good catch with that gun Khev, but that's still of no interest to me. The toy accurate gun should have come with this one IMO. SSC even had the mold!

Darn near perfect! So glad I passed on the PF now. I know I'll probably end up getting two of him now so I can use both heads and shirts and leave the Bradstreet Commander as is. Its going to be a Game of Thrones though trying to figure out which Dictator version will get the Polythrone :lol

Typically not EVERY item the figure comes with is told in these previews, so he very well might come with his classic gun too. Afterall, that globe isn't listed in his accessories unless its part of a hand and not separate. And I assume he'll come with a stand, again, not listed.

I'm on a big Gi Joe kick at the moment so I really like this.. but now I'm torn between CC, Darth Vader, and the upcoming HT Man of Steel! argh!

I'm sold. This is the cobra commander I wanted to start with... :yess: :pray: :exactly:

Hey guys, this CC obviously doesn't come with his iconic toy blaster but I just did some perusing of the early comics and BOTH guns were featured early on in the Marvel run.

The new exclusive laser pistol was actually featured in GI Joe #1 from 1982. He held it to the blond woman's head.

He wielded the Mauser pistol in issue #5.

I'm pretty picky but really all I ask that these guys be "vintage," whether it be from the toys, Sunbow cartoon, or Marvel comics. This one qualifies for me. No complaints.

good catch with the laser pistol. you're right :D went back and looked too

You know what's cool about Sideshow Joes? They have numbered edition sizes!

Not sure teh cape is removeable.. but it looks like he comes with two different "jackets" or shirts...
the pics with the cape, his Gig line runs straight down the middle of his torso.

in the ones without the cape, it seems to be over to his right ( our left) more.

Which, if memory serves, is more accurate anyways.

REgardless, AWESOME.

Good call. Also: the Cobra emblem on the jacket without the cape seems to be smaller than the emblem on the jacket with the cape, so yup -- it looks like they are, indeed, two distinct jackets, which rocks. :rock

Good eye, guys! Maybe the cape's permanently attached to one of the jackets.

I thought I could say "pass" on this, but I'm impressed. Also quite happy that SSC didn't play greedy thinking "you want the hooded CC? Go chase for the previous release" and made this a figure with two optional looks. I shall welcome this to my shelf! NOw bring on Destro and Baroness SSC! :clap

i really like this figure but if im critical the head is really long. the peak on the faceplate is too low

cobra commander and snake eyes and timber both need short neck adapters on the face plate head and visor head without the sweater, its the mask that requires it to have the long neck, i dont see the difference in the jackets on cc that people are talking about?

i dont see the difference in the jackets on cc that people are talking about?

100134_press01-uo17T-cobra-commander-gijoe_zps9a282d16.jpg

The first jacket with the cape looks like it buttons down the middle. The second jacket without the cape looks like it buttons down the side. The Cobra symbol is farther away from the buttons on the second jacket.

Agree. The cape is prolly attached to the jacket. The hooded one looks better.

Time to get started on a laser pistol backpack....

Helmet and visor still look jacked up.

Helmet and visor still look jacked up.

you're crazy and just are not capable of complimenting where due ;)

This is the Ultimate Cobra Commander to have. :D

looks great to me, nice job sideshow keep them coming. keep this line rolling

Goodness! That pic of him sitting on the throne is one of the best 1/6th 'lure you in to buy' pics I have ever seen. This may be my first figure from this line. Well done SS.

I know, right? I'm gonna have to scramble and buy that throne now.

Back