SSC Helmeted Cobra Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SS Facebook announcement G.I. JOE: Helmeted Cobra Commander

Fit women look good. Muscle women..... it'd be like banging a dude...

No.. but there are some people....

All rediculousness aside, I'm fine with the body as it was.
I'd prefer it to look as though the recoil of an assault rifle wouldn't snap its arms off.

I'd say that's how the original looked. but cest'la'vie.

WE'll see the revised figure soon enough.

Fit women look good. Muscle women..... it'd be like banging a dude...

If they're really that buff, it might as well be. Their testosterone levels will probably be higher than yours.

I'd say that's how the original looked. but cest'la'vie.
Compare:

02_Sideshow_Baroness.jpg

baroness7.jpg

With:

Baroness_(RAH)_01.jpg

To my eye, the card art is more proportional, at least in terms of artistic/aesthetic balance. By contrast, the prototype figure, while not terrible by any means, has thinner arms and her head appears to be very nearly the same width as her torso, much like the previous SSC female bodies.

I THINK the Head thing is mostly an illuison caused by her hair, though I can kinda see what you mean about the arms. But the arms don't bother me personaly.

Additionaly, Don't forget she is wearing armor, which will make the unarmored sections of her arms look smaller.

For me, it's too hard to tell for sure, without seeing it in person. Anyone who has seen her in eperson at SDCC care to weigh in?

I THINK the Head thing is mostly an illuison caused by her hair, though I can kinda see what you mean about the arms. But the arms don't bother me personaly.

Additionaly, Don't forget she is wearing armor, which will make the unarmored sections of her arms look smaller.

For me, it's too hard to tell for sure, without seeing it in person. Anyone who has seen her in eperson at SDCC care to weigh in?

I have. It's not helping that she's wearing black and black makes people look thin. Her arms need just a tad bit more bulk. Not a lot. But a tad. We don't want a body builder.

Gotcha. what about her head?

Overall, the head proportion is fine.

To reiterate again, she needs more bulk around her bicep and triceps. That's all. She doesn't need big *** guns.

Last edited:

No one says she needs to be buff.

I dont want her forearms to be as thick or thicker than her bicepts, I also would like that the bicepts actually have some conture to them, not look like straws wrapped in fabric.

No one says she needs to be buff.

I dont want her forearms to be as thick or thicker than her bicepts, I also would like that the bicepts actually have some conture to them, not look like straws wrapped in fabric.

Yeah, they need some contour. I have faith they'll fix it though. They fixed the head for commando snake-eyes & timber.

I agree her arms need to be just a tad thicker and shapely, not that women who have arms that thin don't exist, just that it's not my ideal.

And her head to waist proportion is a little off. Most women have a minimum side-to-side waist width that is at least equal to one head length (Hot Toy's female True Type has this). Sideshow's Baroness' waist is a little under that width, again there are women with such a waist, but it's not common and for me, not ideal.

But if Sideshow doesn't make those changes, I won't mind that much. I'd just be a little disappointed in a wasted opportunity to have a near perfect 1/6 female body.
Hot Toys' Fem. True Type is close, it just needs a bit more sex appeal (more ideal shoulder, to bust, to waist, to hip proportions), which I feel at the very least, the the new SSC fem. body does posses sex appeal.

What is, in your pants.

Sideshow Baroness looks more Indian than German.

Ain't she Russian? Or Romanian? :dunno

Not either, I don't think. She's American, and cobra commanders sister, right :D

Back