Premium Format SSC Harley Quinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Putting clothes on statues makes them look like a big doll.... If you prefer that look then that's cool, but a lot of us like are statues to look like well statues.

It's funny how you word this in such a way where you imply that people who like mixed media statues actually want dolls, not statues.

The fact is, there are mixed media pieces that look amazing, and fully sculpted pieces with dull, flat, plastic-looking paint jobs that make it look like a giant toy. Similarly, there are horribly tailored mixed-media pieces, and amazingly painted fully sculpted pieces. I wouldn't generalize either way, as it's all about execution.

For those who really dislike mixed media, PFs are an odd choice to collect, considering that mixed media is a Sideshow trademark, and probably 95% of PFs have some cloth or mixed media element.

For those who really dislike mixed media, PFs are an odd choice to collect, considering that mixed media is a Sideshow trademark, and probably 95% of PFs have some cloth or mixed media element.

That's because SSC has a lock down on 1/4 scale pieces. Most peeps have no choice but to tolerate mixed media if they want a 1/4 collection. Fans of fully sculpted SSC pieces only had the COM line to work with. The problem is not many collectors like 1/5 pieces. XM is now an alternative to peeps who don't like mixed media. However, the 1/4 DC license (for now) resides with SSC. Until there is an alternative, peeps who collect 1/4 DC pieces have limited choices.

It's funny how you word this in such a way where you imply that people who like mixed media statues actually want dolls, not statues.

The fact is, there are mixed media pieces that look amazing, and fully sculpted pieces with dull, flat, plastic-looking paint jobs that make it look like a giant toy. Similarly, there are horribly tailored mixed-media pieces, and amazingly painted fully sculpted pieces. I wouldn't generalize either way, as it's all about execution.

Actually I implied that people that want 100% "mixed media" want their statues to look more like dolls.

So far in the DC lineup Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Poison Ivy are 100% sculpted... Power Girl and Batgirl are like 90% sculpted... and given SS has the exclusive license for 1:4 scale statues they're pretty much the only game in town.. So if you really want a character like Harley then you have to buy her and pay the money to have her converted back into a sculpted statue.

Some of us are big boys and have graduated beyond simple statues.

ya graduated into Barbie 101 :p

I ked I ked....

That's because SSC has a lock down on 1/4 scale pieces. Most peeps have no choice but to tolerate mixed media if they want a 1/4 collection. Fans of fully sculpted SSC pieces only had the COM line to work with. The problem is not many collectors like 1/5 pieces. XM is now an alternative to peeps who don't like mixed media. However, the 1/4 DC license (for now) resides with SSC. Until there is an alternative, peeps who collect 1/4 DC pieces have limited choices.

:lecture:goodpost:

I love mixed media when it's done right. Really love a nice leather jacket or a full cloth cape done right. Fully clothed statues are tough to get right...Harley is pretty good. I like my IM2 Scarjo BW PF as well but that probably would have been sexier with a full sculpt. Wolverine and Sabertooth PFs are disastrous IMO...full PJ look in effect. I love the leather/cloth jackets on Gambit, Rogue, and Cyclops PFs. Nathan Drake PF is awesome as well...probably the best mixed media in my collection. Bats and Supes are exceptionally well done as well. XMs fully sculpted look awesome so far...can't wait for that Wolverine...glad I held off and waited for the perfect Wolverine to come along. Vince did a really nice job on that custom Harley. If I had a choice, I would definitely want that over the default SSC one...it just feels much sexier.

Got my Reg and the beginning of the week. Paint chip on left pinky, neck and collar don't line up, not sure if that's supposed to be highlights on the top and back of her head or not. Sent pics, looking like I'm returning. She'll be the 4th one in a row that has had some QC issues. I really like her, but I'll alright without a Harley.

Got my Reg and the beginning of the week. Paint chip on left pinky, neck and collar don't line up, not sure if that's supposed to be highlights on the top and back of her head or not. Sent pics, looking like I'm returning. She'll be the 4th one in a row that has had some QC issues. I really like her, but I'll alright without a Harley.

Def return it with so many issues

preview_HarleyPrint.jpg

So happy to see they're doing prints for the Sirens. My display shall be complete, oh yes it shall.

Back