SSC Green Lantern 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good stuff!!! I think you can definitly bash together a few of the corps using this base figure (abin sur, tomar re, Green man and that wolf looking guy:)), but yeah, sooner or later your gonna hafta buy a suit or two from Tony. His stuff is high quality though which makes it worth it. If sideshow ends up putting out the entirety of the JLA than I'm sure at least 90% of my league will have a tony mei made suit.

Same here. And in my case, 100% of mine will have new smaller head sculpts. I know a lot of people here are fine with size of the head, but I personally prefer a smaller size. I think it makes the body look bigger and more heroic looking.

Same body:

8CQ7TI.jpg

Last edited:
Got mine earlier. Finally opened it up. Nice looking but body is terrible and costume is too tight to move the legs.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458017228.187424.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458017237.386595.jpg

Also helps when it's shot from that angle. The body always looks bigger, and head smaller from that vantage point...

What's your point? Fact is the head is smaller than the Sideshow one. And the smaller one looks better on that body imo.

Here is another:

And here is another head first, still looks better.

8JRxg9.jpg

Last edited:
What's your point? Fact is the head is smaller than the Sideshow one. And the smaller one looks better on that body imo.

My only point was that pictures from that angle exaggerate the situation a little, and makes the body look beefier than it is. Absolutely, the Sideshow head is bigger, but the difference in how it makes the figure look, is better demonstrated by your second picture (from the same angles).
But this is all very subjective. I personally think Tony's heads are too small (for what I want in these figures). Definitely more accurate to how things look in comics, but for me, not everything in comics works when re-produced in movies, or as 3-dimensional figures.
I think it's great that artists like Tony are out there helping collectors make their figures look the way they want them to look. I would have made changes to some of my other figures, if I was ok with spending an extra $100-$200 on top of an already $200 figure.

Thanks for posting all that stuff ThousandMasks.... I think I'll slice the costume at the bottom of the legs a little under the boots, so that the leg fabric can be pulled up a little to help articulation.

Got mine yesterday, and highly disappointed with the suit. There is really not much you can do when it comes to moving arms and legs. The suit is soo TIGHT... Legs are almost unable to move, arms move straight forward but going up that point is pointless. Warning for all of you, do NOT force him or your suit will rip. Is that tight. Thinking about returning it, almost unposeable figure. Beautiful though, great details... Wondering what should I do.

Got mine yesterday, and highly disappointed with the suit. There is really not much you can do when it comes to moving arms and legs. The suit is soo TIGHT... Legs are almost unable to move, arms move straight forward but going up that point is pointless. Warning for all of you, do NOT force him or your suit will rip. Is that tight. Thinking about returning it, almost unposeable figure. Beautiful though, great details... Wondering what should I do.

I have an idea! Sell it to me for half the price!:lol

My only point was that pictures from that angle exaggerate the situation a little, and makes the body look beefier than it is. Absolutely, the Sideshow head is bigger, but the difference in how it makes the figure look, is better demonstrated by your second picture (from the same angles).
But this is all very subjective. I personally think Tony's heads are too small (for what I want in these figures). Definitely more accurate to how things look in comics, but for me, not everything in comics works when re-produced in movies, or as 3-dimensional figures.
I think it's great that artists like Tony are out there helping collectors make their figures look the way they want them to look. I would have made changes to some of my other figures, if I was ok with spending an extra $100-$200 on top of an already $200 figure.

I thought that was the point of having a "comic" line. But your are right, it is subjective. I'm of the mind set, that if you are selling me a "comic book" based figure, I expected it to look like it came straight out of the pages of a comic book, which Tony's customs capture perfectly, imo.

I see your point there. I guess for me (using medicom as an example), although it does look more like it stepped off the page of a comic, I find (depending on sculpt of course) it also makes the figures look more... "toy"-like? I know that's a ridiculous thing to say, as they are all toys. But again, comparing SSC figures to Medicom so far, I've had people ask me if the medicom figures I had were from ToysRus. But those same people never thought that about the SSC figures. I think the slightly smaller, more cartoony heads contribute to that. I shouldn't care what anyone else thinks, and I don't so much to be honest, but I do like my collection to look a little more substantial or "high-end".
For me, a "comic" line means that the look and outfit is based on art in the comics (not specific artists, mind you), as opposed to the film versions. For example, although the upcoming SSC Wolverine isn't exact to any artist's comic version, it is clearly based on look in the comics, as opposed to the Hot Toys Wolverines.

I see your point there. I guess for me (using medicom as an example), although it does look more like it stepped off the page of a comic, I find (depending on sculpt of course) it also makes the figures look more... "toy"-like? I know that's a ridiculous thing to say, as they are all toys. But again, comparing SSC figures to Medicom so far, I've had people ask me if the medicom figures I had were from ToysRus. But those same people never thought that about the SSC figures. I think the slightly smaller, more cartoony heads contribute to that. I shouldn't care what anyone else thinks, and I don't so much to be honest, but I do like my collection to look a little more substantial or "high-end".
For me, a "comic" line means that the look and outfit is based on art in the comics (not specific artists, mind you), as opposed to the film versions. For example, although the upcoming SSC Wolverine isn't exact to any artist's comic version, it is clearly based on look in the comics, as opposed to the Hot Toys Wolverines.

This is where I have an issue and it's not specifically you; I think a lot of collectors are afraid that if their figures look like they walked off the pages of a comic that it will look more "toy-like." To that I say what about statues? There are plenty of statues not just based on comic art but specific scenes from comics like Superman choking Batman from Hush. Would anyone say these look like they are not "high-end?" So why does this not apply to figures? Hot Toys, Medicom, Phicen; they all make figures based on specific comic book artists renditions. Sideshow does not which perplexes me; how can you make a line of comic characters that are not based on any specific storyline or artist? Now there are fans that prefer that they not look like they stepped off the pages of the comics but they still want a comic line. That makes no sense, it's like saying I want chocolate cake that doesn't have any chocolate in it. If you want a character from a comic but for the figure not to look like it's from a comic, like Wolverine, then you really do not want a comic book line. Comics are drawn by artists, in the case of this Hal Jordan probably Ivan Reis, therefore the figures have to be based on those artists or else you really can't call it a comic book line. It's like having a line based on Lost were none of the figures look like the actors, just somewhat dressed like them. If it is a comic line that is not based on any artist than you've basically took the "comic" out of the comic book line. Chocolate cake with no chocolate.

GL is the only one that SS has 'interpreted" bs on.

Superman, Batman, Joker, Catwoman, Harley all look like they rolled off a comic page. And don't look like silly Medicoms.

What about Wolverine and Deadpool? Can you name a storyline where Wolverine is wearing useless steel accents to his uniform, I mean last I checked Wolverine has Adamantium laced on his skeleton; it's like Supes wearing armor. How about Deadpool wearing coveralls instead of a bodysuit? All Sideshow right there.

Sideshow gets points for the Harley and Catwoman figures; too bad you have to replace their bodies right out of the package. That's if their bodies survived the journey.

And now it's a DC thing. I just hope to God that they stick to the script if they ever make a Wonder Woman figure. I don't want to see her wearing basketball shorts or something.

Isn't going to make it to WW. Flash might get made followed by Aquaman. But their GL design choice and price prolly has killed the line. So will $250 a pop for Marvels.

Back