SSC Green Lantern 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ad98760e435b308e3b36be730e06a25a.jpg

Just got him today. Apologies for the crappy phone pic. I immediately switched over a stalker converted John Stewart head as he's my favorite Green Lantern. This costume is actually alot more like his so I think it's works out well. I painted the eyes metallic green to match his comic look.

ad98760e435b308e3b36be730e06a25a.jpg

Just got him today. Apologies for the crappy phone pic. I immediately switched over a stalker converted John Stewart head as he's my favorite Green Lantern. This costume is actually alot more like his so I think it's works out well. I painted the eyes metallic green to match his comic look.

Just paint the gauntlets metallic green and put him ungloved hands and you are set.

Good call on that. I was thinking about doing that to the gauntlets, but I had forgotten that he went gloveless.

He went gloveless in the comic but if you are going for the look from the Justice League/Justice League Unlimited animated series he had green gauntlets and black gloves. Honestly, seeing Nemo's awesome bash and Tony's awesome comic book accurate suit it looks like Sideshow looks closer to the John Stewart suit. Like it was made to be bashed into Stewart.

He went gloveless in the comic but if you are going for the look from the Justice League/Justice League Unlimited animated series he had green gauntlets and black gloves. Honestly, seeing Nemo's awesome bash and Tony's awesome comic book accurate suit it looks like Sideshow looks closer to the John Stewart suit. Like it was made to be bashed into Stewart.
Love that show!!! I gonna have to go with the animated look because it'll probably be easier to paint the hands black than brown.

Not really, the suit is Hal Jordan accurate.

Green%20Lantern%20Hal%20Jordan.jpg

Green_Lantern_Emerald_Knights_DVD_Cover.jpg

Here is John Stewart

john-stewart-actors-who-could-play-john-stewart-s-green-lantern-jpeg-23861.jpg

I stand corrected on the Stewart suit; thanks 'Mil. Would you say the post-Crisis Hal suit is more iconic than the one he wore for close to 40 years? Not in my book.

WOW... should not have waited till Friday payday. Yesterday on Popcultcha, Green Lantern was $158USD. Today, it's back up to $203. Lesson learned!

Green Lantern arrived!

He is a great looking figure. The suit looks nice in person, but sucks for anything other than a museum pose..... It bunches up and is to restrictive on the arms and the legs are pretty much stationary. They could have gotten the same look out of fabric. I await Tonys suit for the classic look as poseability. The lantern is sweet. And lights up like C3PO, just a touch. The construct is nice and looks like a good time when fisting. Sculpt looks good as well. I don't think it looks to big. But this figure needed a second sculpt with a stern expression and to ease the price a bit.

green_lantern_01.jpg

green_lantern_02.jpg

green_lantern_03.jpg

green_lantern_04.jpg

green_lantern_05.jpg

green_lantern_06.jpg

green_lantern_07.jpg

green_lantern_08.jpg

Nice pics!!!! Thanks for posting, and the mini-review! Too bad the suit is so restrictive, I think he looks great (as you mentioned). I was going to pose him in a hover position, so I guess it's not that big an issue that the legs don't do much. But I do change the poses once a year, so I can see that being super annoying later on...

Just got mine today too and the suit looks fantastic!

Like everyone else has said, the material is restrictive but not as bad as the Arkham Bats figure.

Hopefully they make the rest of the Justice League and Green Arrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nemo, you've given me a definite reason, or two, to buy this figure. It's a shame that, for this figure to reach it's full potential, you have buy a uniform from Tony.

Nemo, you've given me a definite reason, or two, to buy this figure. It's a shame that, for this figure to reach it's full potential, you have buy a uniform from Tony.
Good stuff!!! I think you can definitly bash together a few of the corps using this base figure (abin sur, tomar re, Green man and that wolf looking guy:)), but yeah, sooner or later your gonna hafta buy a suit or two from Tony. His stuff is high quality though which makes it worth it. If sideshow ends up putting out the entirety of the JLA than I'm sure at least 90% of my league will have a tony mei made suit.

Back