SSC - Ghost Rider Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a custom wip ghost rider. If this turns out great I'll do a lot bash for my perfect Johnny blaze. Thank you sideshow;)

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

What a coincidence! Already started sculpting 2 days ago a 1:6 Ghost Rider head for my custom, then this Sideshow figure shows up. Good thing I haven't baked the Sculpey head yet so I mashed it, I'll just wait for Sideshow's instead. I decided to make a custom (based on the 2nd movie) because my Hot Toys GR was damaged last New Year's Day while I was moving furniture around, the lights on the skull and bike don't work anymore.

If I wait longer after Sideshow releases their GR, knock-off figures will surely be abundantly available at nearby flea markets. The only cool thing living in a ****** 3rd World country...

Real easy to figure out why, he just made a half season long appearance on Agents of Shield. Look who they've picked. Wolverine, biggest star of the X-Men film franchise, Deadpool HUGE movie, Punisher and DD, on popular Netflix shows. It's all about top of mind media exposure while dodging direct Hot Toys competition with the notable exception of Deadpool.

You are absolutely correct.

Haven't picked up any of the SSC Marvel sixth scale line, but with the recent release of Wolverine and if this is a hit then I'm in! But my only concern is that Sideshow is known for not finishing the line or for not giving the main roster characters or heavy hitters like Cap, Thor or Doom. I don't want this line to be the same with their G.I. Joe sixth scale line which died without giving us Scarlett or Lady Jaye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love a good Doom and I'd most likely pick up their spidey too. Even if he was in pajamas.

Nice but you know he will be $250. And I paid that for the awesome HT Ghostrider and Bike.
:exactly:

Hard to believe how much they ask for figures these days.
In just several years the price tags almost doubled.

I'm not buyin' any of these SSC travesties.
With the HT prices they should at least look like perfect comic booky characters.

Doom- an obvious hole in the market. But I'm afraid of what they might do to him.

Doom would be a grail figure. No competition from Hot Toys or kitbashes. It would bring a lot of attention to Sideshow and their figures. Too bad they seem more interested in doing figures in baggy pajamas that looks cheap.

This is awesome but I get why people would be disappointed. They previewed Dr. doom and other characters first but I think sideshow is trying to jump on the popularity of ghost rider after he appeared on agents of shield. Alot of people have been asking for a new ghost rider so I think the timing is pretty good from a business standpoint.

Waiting for better pics. I wasn't crazy about Punisher or Wolverine so I will just have to wait and see.

The Hearts of Darkness trio will soon be complete.
Ha! Sideshow does seem to be living firmly in the early '90s with their "dark and gritty" focus so far. Not that I would complain about that in the abstract. Wolvie is one of my favorites, and I've been a Punisher fan for a long while.

As others are saying, though, the price on this will be prohibitive for what it is. That Hot Toys figure is pretty sweet, despite the translucent plastic used for the light up gimmick.

Back