SSC - Ghost Rider Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the price tag could be justified if he came with alternate heads and jackets to switch him out to be Ketch or Reyes GR. An alternate Reyes helmeted head would be sweet.

I'm a little disappointed. The blog pic looks good, but (even though I HATE the Nick Cage movies) the HT Ghost Rider looks excellent as it is, and has a comic-book look anyway. I don't remember seeing a shadow/outline of Ghost Rider when SSC previewed the Marvel line, but as others have mentioned Dr. Doom, Spidey, Cap, Iron Man, were all showing there. I'd rather those figures before Ghost Rider. But hopefully the quality is Wolverine quality, 'cause I love my SSC Wolverine.

yeah...... nah
so does this mean that daredevil has been either canned ? or just pushed back indefinitely ?
As others have already stated, nice but they have so many better options that a pre-existing character that has been done rather well by Hot toys, ( and there is a damn good knock off out there as well ).
Where is Spidey? Doom? Cap, the mainstays of the MU?
Sorry Sideshow but I have the HT's version and don't need another spirit of vengence

With that said, when I was scrolling down on my FB feed and saw ghost rider I got excited but then I finally scrolled to the part that said sixth scale : /

With HT's quality, I just can't go back to Sideshow. Especially after the crap they pulled with ESB Boba.

There seems to be a trend with the darker Marvel-Knights kinda characters coming out first: Deadpool, Punisher, Wolverine, Daredevil, Ghost Rider...rather than some of the more colorful pillars of the Marvel Universe such as Cap, Spidey, Ironman etc. I wonder if there's some sort of reasoning behind this?

Hmmm... Looks cool but not a big enough fan of the character. What happened to their original teaser plan??? I want my comic Spidey & Iron Man!! :(
Also Doom in pic too.

zzzzzz.jpg

You many be onto something there. It may have to do with the costume. I don't think too many people would be happy with spidey in pajamas.

There seems to be a trend with the darker Marvel-Knights kinda characters coming out first: Deadpool, Punisher, Wolverine, Daredevil, Ghost Rider...rather than some of the more colorful pillars of the Marvel Universe such as Cap, Spidey, Ironman etc. I wonder if there's some sort of reasoning behind this?

I think its actually a pretty smart move considering hot toys releases caps, iron mans, etc all year. I just wish sideshow would show their Dr. Doom already. If its anything like the premium format design it will be the one to have for this line.

Wow, I really like this so far, I'm interested to see the front of it. Although I have a feeling that it'll be more expensive than the other pieces and I have a feeling we won't get the bike with him.

I liked the HT and Medicom Ghost Riders, but I'm more into the original comic style figures, so if this is a version of Johnny Blaze and the costume is correct I'm all over it. I already have the Marvel Icons bike so I don't need that. That would also mean I can take him off my to-do list.

Doom- an obvious hole in the market. But I'm afraid of what they might do to him.

Wow, I really like this so far, I'm interested to see the front of it. Although I have a feeling that it'll be more expensive than the other pieces and I have a feeling we won't get the bike with him.

Well, if we get a bike to go with him, it'll probably be $299,99 like the Speeder. But look how nice of them: if we buy them both, they'll give to us a discount of $20 bucks!:lol

I hope this turns out great. I don't need anymore Caps or Iron Mans. Doom or other villains would be great too.

The Hearts of Darkness trio will soon be complete. With Daredevil also on the horizon, I wonder if Sideshow decided to go with the edgier Marvel Knights roster first instead of what they had on their teaser.

Well, if we get a bike to go with him, it'll probably be $299,99 like the Speeder. But look how nice of them: if we buy them both, they'll give to us a discount of $20 bucks!:lol

Man, the good old days when $270 would already give you Ghost Rider (with an extra Blaze head) and a light-up Hellcycle from Hot Toys :lol

Man, the good old days when $270 would already give you Ghost Rider (with an extra Blaze head) and a light-up Hellcycle from Hot Toys :lol

Now we get excited about this price on a Iron Man without any extras: "Woah! A new IM that costs 'only' $274,99! Its below his price point of $309,99!" We really love this hobby. :lol

Real easy to figure out why, he just made a half season long appearance on Agents of Shield. Look who they've picked. Wolverine, biggest star of the X-Men film franchise, Deadpool HUGE movie, Punisher and DD, on popular Netflix shows. It's all about top of mind media exposure while dodging direct Hot Toys competition with the notable exception of Deadpool.

Back