1/6 SSC Gambit Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those close ups make me think his exclusive could just swap out long hair rather than a full portrait, not unlike cyclops? beams. Nice clean brake between the hair and the rest of the head.

In the booth tour where they first revealed the figure, she did say that it was alternate hair for the long hair look. She never mentioned a secondary portrait.

chimpanzee to be exact. With all those dark area surrounding his face and that ears.

I think that is what I wanted to say, but didn't want to be so harsh. Monkey, chimpanzee.....simian for sure. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.

I think that is what I wanted to say, but didn't want to be so harsh. Monkey, chimpanzee.....simian for sure. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Yeah, it's actually pretty obvious. IMHO, all they need to do is to fix the ears, because the face sculpt is already good. :)

People so eager to buy a Sideshow figure after seeing that Wolverine break on the unboxing? Yikes.

I made the mistake of buying the ESB Boba Fett before seeing production photos. His vest is just a huge box. Lots of people went to cutting up the hard plastic that was behind his vest armor. I was so disappointed. Never again!

People so eager to buy a Sideshow figure after seeing that Wolverine break on the unboxing? Yikes.

The dude running the unboxing is known for man handling figures and if you pay attention to the part where he's changing the arm you can see him do just that. Had it broken during just basic posing or something I can definitely see being more nervous about it though.

The dude running the unboxing is known for man handling figures and if you pay attention to the part where he's changing the arm you can see him do just that. Had it broken during just basic posing or something I can definitely see being more nervous about it though.

Exactly. It's actually not his first time breaking a figure on one of those live unboxings. I also find it comical that he's considered an "expert" but there's been quite a few times he gives out just wrong information.

Exactly. It's actually not his first time breaking a figure on one of those live unboxings. I also find it comical that he's considered an "expert" but there's been quite a few times he gives out just wrong information.

Yeah ive heard several head scratchers from him before. Wasn't Terry doing some of the unboxings before? Not sure why they didn't just continue with him unless it was too much of a commitment on his end.

**** happens. I own the other Wolverine on this same body and it's fine. I also have Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Flash, and Magneto, and they're all solid.

Sideshow's 1/6 line isn't perfect but they're still some of the most exciting releases happening right now. Or, to put it another way, yep, I'm a lot more eager to buy a Sideshow figure than I am to buy "Venomized Groot."

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Yeah ive heard several head scratchers from him before. Wasn't Terry doing some of the unboxings before? Not sure why they didn't just continue with him unless it was too much of a commitment on his end.
He was but now he's just doing the "How to Be a Poser" and the accompanying internal SS figure posing competitions. I think he has his own YouTube channel for reviews which is why he doesn't do the unboxing anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't want to be forced to continually say positive things about a figure he may not actually agree with. On his personal reviews, he will say what he likes and dislikes about a figure as a reviewer should; while with SS, he probably couldn't say anything negative when he did the unboxings.

**** happens. I own the other Wolverine on this same body and it's fine. I also have Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Flash, and Magneto, and they're all solid.

Sideshow's 1/6 line isn't perfect but they're still some of the most exciting releases happening right now. Or, to put it another way, yep, I'm a lot more eager to buy a Sideshow figure than I am to buy "Venomized Groot."

I completely agree with this. While I tend to not agree with Sideshow's pricing (and gripe about a few other things), when they reveal/release a new 1/6 figure, overall I tend to be more excited about than say another clone or marvel figure. Not to say that they look bad b/c trust me I definitely can't wait to get my grubby hands on Commander Cody, it's just to be expected at this point from HT that we'll get it damn near any and every figure from those lines, it's just a matter of when. With the SS stuff, there's a greater gap between reveals so when something pops up, it's much more exciting. You might get a DC, Marvel or SW figure and the character could be anything. No one expected Skiff guard Lando, Jedi Luke, this Gambit etc. They just happened. And regardless if it "looks as good as HT", to me, it's still exciting.

This was a far more exciting reveal than yet another Mandalorian character that was barely seen, and has no significance. I'm sure this will be @$250 and therefore too expensive for what it is, but I'm excited about the possibility of this line.
With the new partnership with TBLeague, we could see some pretty good female characters as well - which quite frankly are the best female heroes in the Marvel universe (in my opinion). I'd much rather have Storm, Rogue, and Jean Grey over Captain Marvel, Gamora, Nebula, or Black Window.

**** happens sure, but they denied that it broke and then unlisted the video obviously trying to hide it.

Sideshow figures are ridiculously overpriced imo, everything from the bodies they use to the sculpts and paint apps. Couldn't have replaced my Sideshow Maul (granted the sculpt is actually fantastic on that) with the Hot Toys version soon enough.

**** happens sure, but they denied that it broke and then unlisted the video obviously trying to hide it.

Sideshow figures are ridiculously overpriced imo, everything from the bodies they use to the sculpts and paint apps. Couldn't have replaced my Sideshow Maul (granted the sculpt is actually fantastic on that) with the Hot Toys version soon enough.

Yep, it was super dumb that they tried to deny it broke, no arguments there.

I've given my thoughts on the pricing and other issues before, but similar to what I said before... I'd rather pay $250 for Sideshow's Wonder Woman than $250 Venomized Groot.

It's about what it's worth to you.

Yep, it was super dumb that they tried to deny it broke, no arguments there.

I've given my thoughts on the pricing and other issues before, but similar to what I said before... I'd rather pay $250 for Sideshow's Wonder Woman than $250 Venomized Groot.

It's about what it's worth to you.

I'd rather just buy neither than save $500 :lol

Here is the bottom line fellas, if Sideshow wants to charge Hot Toys prices, they need to produce Hot Toys quality. As simple as that. I have bought several Sideshow figures before and while some of them are good, they are not close to Hot Toys quality. That cyclops figure looks awful without the jacket on given the body underneath. Magneto was the only figure I bought that I felt was truly competitive.

Back