SSC G.I. Joe Baroness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Um, he did respond to me directly and unlike you all did not flip out about it.

You may find it "rude" but homophobic freaks outs about anything that might be seen as feminine are sadly common and expressed openly on this board at times.

Please I would love to see even one person to explain how this partial reveal is so awful that it makes it an "easy pass" on a major character.

And I find the personal attacks enjoyable by and large. If I intended to "complain" I would go whine to a mod about them, not respond in kind.

You can see that they changed the color of the breastplate straps from black to brown, and they changed the belt design and changed it to brown. Honestly I am not impressed with the edges of the pieces. The plates look like a plastic toy, rather than having the crispness of a higher quality scaled replica, like HT delivers. Perhaps he is super picky about it being authentic to the character, especially at these prices.

You have a "point" on the boots. Yes, the original breastplate is pointed as I said, but this SS version is rounded, and has too few plates, as you said.
As far as the collar, you can see how the front of her shirt is on the card art leading UP to her collar, where there clearly is a panel of the shirt on top of another, where the shirt comes together, where it is buttoned. I see only a flat smooth area on the figure. Maybe they gave her a turtleneck instead.

So, you're not talking about the collar per se, but the lack of the missing lower button. I'm guessing she will just have a solid neckline, but who knows. :dunno

Honestly, even with the brown, I see Baroness 100%. There are a few "modernish" updates but overall, so far, she looks faithful to the original:

From IC's blog.

20120702-115807.jpg

I'm curious to see how they got around the below-butt gap on the male Pro, for the female Pro.

personally...i think it looks pretty spot on (even with the brown straps, etc). cannot wait to see the reveal for the portrait.

So with all the _____ing (literally) about Baroness being a top villian (top 10 perhaps, top 5 pushing it) how do most of you rank your favorite Cobra?

1. Destro
2. Storm Shadow
3. Cobra Commander
4. Serpentor
5. Zartan

Best of the rest: Firefly, Dr. Mindbender, Baroness, Tomax & Xamot

Serpentor
Commander
Destro
Baroness

my brain is going to explode if I have to pick between SS and Firefly :lol

Obviously Mindbender, Zartan, Bludd, and the twins are right there in close contention. Cobra always had a great roster.

So with all the _____ing (literally) about Baroness being a top villian (top 10 perhaps, top 5 pushing it) how do most of you rank your favorite Cobra?

1. Destro
2. Storm Shadow
3. Cobra Commander
4. Serpentor
5. Zartan

Best of the rest: Firefly, Dr. Mindbender, Baroness, Tomax & Xamot

84 Firefly
83 Major Bludd
84 Storm Shadow
83 Destro
82/83 Cobra Commander

My top 5 would be that needs to be release..

1.Destro
2.Major Blood
3.Tomax & Xamot (2pack)
4.Scrap Iron
5.Dr. Mindbender

Course there's the Dreadnoks

Are we talking characters or vintage figures?

My favorite Cobra figures back in the day were:

1. Crimson Guard
2. Snow Serpent
3. Eels
4. Firefly
5. Storm Shadow

Are we talking characters or vintage figures?

My favorite Cobra figures back in the day were:

1. Crimson Guard
2. Snow Serpent
3. Eels
4. Firefly
5. Storm Shadow

Think he meant characters.

1. Destro
2. Zartan
3. Firefly
4. Mindbender
5. Bludd

Never saw the appeal in SS....or SE for that matter...as a kid at least.

I know everyone has been waiting on my opinion so I thought would help everyone out and say what I think.
I like the brown. It breaks up the suit and makes it more visually interesting. My only concern is the hip joints and more importantly how the spandex will form around them. I hope SS will put her in some spanks to help even everything out.

Loving everything about the teaser, even the brown belts for her armor. It looks more like they were black, and the leather dye has faded with time spent in the field. Gives her armor a lived-in look.

Back