1/6 SSC Dengar Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy repaint: removed the plastic gloss with sandpaper, subtle metallic weathering, metal on the tip and dark brown handle
Dengarifles.jpg
as per reference pic:
DengarIG88Fett-TESB30.jpg

Galaxy's favourite bass player
Dengarbass.jpg

Looks great! While you're at it, fix that inacccurate MG 42 nozzle/flash suppressor (that Sideshow included on their rifle too.)

Onscreen Dengar has an MG 42, but the nozzle is quite different to a stock MG 42. Sideshow just included a stock MG 42 with their fig, with stock and nozzle unchanged.

Looks great! While you're at it, fix that inacccurate MG 42 nozzle/flash suppressor (that Sideshow included on their rifle too.)

Onscreen Dengar has an MG 42, but the nozzle is quite different to a stock MG 42. Sideshow just included a stock MG 42 with their fig, with stock and nozzle unchanged.
Just like it was unscrewn like that?
96af2ee0d7e98011fbf25c3ce0d6ec9a.jpg

Do you have references? Damn Dengar is lacking pics!!!

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

How can you tell TaliBane?

Just got the best quality pics I could and blew them up - you can pretty clearly see its a different nozzle to the stock MG 42 (the stock is kind of a cone and cylinder, whereas the Dengar one is smaller, with fins/ribs along it,) and his hand is cupped on the end of the rifle, the stock removed.

ye1d2EW.jpg

Just picked up that rifle, good find!

I haven't had a chance to take any shots of Dengar since he came in, until yesterday. Really love this figure!

"Wanted"

Wanted-1200.jpg

Just got the best quality pics I could and blew them up - you can pretty clearly see its a different nozzle to the stock MG 42 (the stock is kind of a cone and cylinder, whereas the Dengar one is smaller, with fins/ribs along it,) and his hand is cupped on the end of the rifle, the stock removed.

You are right, that's the proportion with a standard nozzle.
Dengy.jpg

The problem is without a clear picture we must use imagination to sculpt a different nozzle.

Yeah, his rifle is missing the entire MG 42 nozzle, not just that cone shape removed, and its replaced with something smaller (that is thinner than the finned cylinder part of the MG 42's stock nozzle.) Somewhere online said it was the same part Leia's sporting blaster has (which is an engine model part) but to me it looked slightly different to that.

This is the nozzle I built. My nozzle's "fins" aren't quite fine enough (they should be a bit thinner and therefore more like four fins not three like mine has) but I didn't want to go and buy thinner styrene. I promised myself I'd make my custom Dengar with zero extra cost - just a Hasbro Dengar and parts bin.:lol

yo8RVF7.jpg

Hi guys.
I am considering buying Dengar. I can't go through all pages on this thread.
Anybody could summarize up things a little bit for me?
I am particularly worried about: manufacturing screwups (if any), tips and tricks, things to avoid, etc. That is, if there's anything to say in these respects regarding this particular figure.
Big thank you people!
Regards,
m.

Hi guys.
I am particularly worried about: manufacturing screwups (if any), tips and tricks, things to avoid, etc. That is, if there's anything to say in these respects regarding this particular figure.
Big thank you people!
Regards,
m.

Summarized: buy!

Hi guys.
Big thank you people!
Regards,
m.

No issues. It's a decent release.

Thanks everybody for your contributions.
I am going to bite the bullet on this one.
Anyway, does anyone have anything else to say? Articulations OK? Paintwork issues?
Thanks!
m.

Back