SSC Deluxe Clonetroopers - "Shiny", Veteran, 501st & 212th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sideshow said YEARS ago that they wanted to eventualy revisit the "blank " clones and stormtroopers as deluxes, one day.

We've seen the clones, so the stormtroopers are inevitable.

Deluze Storm Troppers will be cool....

In the meantime, still diggin' these guys...

...and still hoping they do this deluxe thing with the Shock Troopers before they move on to the Storm Troopers....

My thoughts on chances for deluxe Stormtrooper: 100%

We've had deluxe Sandtrooper (when there was really nothing to buoy the sales except nostalgia and the coinciding release of the 1/6th Dewback), and now deluxe Clones - the Clone Wars series was unceremoniously canceled before it could run it's course, and Disney is looking to shelve the PT era for the foreseeable future. Sisdeshow is undoubtedly looking to court the "clone loving" collectors for maybe one more year before interest totally cools. They are easy money, requiring little more than repaints and modded packaging art. Don't get me wrong, I love the clones (though getting a little weary of the retreads), I bought two of the deluxe clones: the 501st and 212th and love them both. Looking forward to Echo and Fives, will likely get the Wolfpack trooper, and am hoping against hope that this year's SDCC exclusive will be phase I Gree - super easy for SSC, a repaint with a head sculpt they already have - hell, go nuts and throw in the extra goodies from the deluxe figures as well. It would fit perfectly with the SSC tradition of having a clone for an exclusive at SDCC. After that, the only other clone I am really dying to see/buy is ARC trooper Fives...really hoping they get to him, then they can let the clones go cold.

We are entering the time of the new series "Rebels" and the new crop of Star Wars movies. Can't say if we'll see any stormies in the live action films, but it looks like we'll be seeing a ton of imperial troops in the new animated show - and THAT will be the new push for Star wars product from SSC (at least until the films come out, but we'll still see "Rebels" product scattered in there). The jury's still out on how the new animated series will turn out, but if it brings us OT jems like deluxe Stormies, then I'm all for it!

I am somewhat sad to see the era of The Clone Wars cut short (so many cool potential 1:6th characters left to cover: Cad Bane, Savage Oppress, Cyber Maul, "proper" CW era Obi Wan Asohka, Pre Visla, Clone Commandos - the list could go on), but I will be glad to see something other than clone repaints offered up when SSC is in between new figures and wants extra cash.

I don't read all the post. Is the CW lines officially cut? Because I hope they will poop out some of the figures you mentioned like Cad Bane, Pre Visla, Clone Commandos and more Clones.

I don't read all the post. Is the CW lines officially cut? Because I hope they will poop out some of the figures you mentioned like Cad Bane, Pre Visla, Clone Commandos and more Clones.

As per Disney, The Clone Wars remains cannon for the time being. I guess this means Sideshow can produce more characters from this media if they want to.

As per Disney, The Clone Wars remains cannon for the time being. I guess this means Sideshow can produce more characters from this media if they want to.

Ok, thanks! I still want me more Clones and some other cool characters still.

My thoughts on chances for deluxe Stormtrooper: 100% [...]

Well...they updated the helmets on the clones, so I'm hoping they'd do the same with stormtroopers. Their armour and proportions need work too; we can only wait and see. I wonder when they'd be likely to reveal something like that?

I picked up two shiny's and I'm quite impressed, don't think I'll get any more of these. Out of interest, how does the quality of these compare against the OT stormtroopers?

Collected all 4 yesterday. Love the new phase II helmet. Now I really hope SSC would redo the 41st Elite Corps and shock troopers

Shipping notice for my cases of 212!!! Cody's got some backup coming!!!

Shiny hit the mailbox today with a certain General on his tail. I'm not holding much hope for him to survive long enough to earn is veteran distinction

000.JPG

No companies are allowed to produce as much PT, OT and TCW products as they want it is just possible that Sideshow cuts down on the clones beginning next year because the show was prematurely cancelled and the new trilogy and Rebels will be getting a lot of attention.

They'll be making clones for years to come, too much easy money for SSC, but they just might slow down the production in a year or so on them.

Back