SSC Deluxe Clonetroopers - "Shiny", Veteran, 501st & 212th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC Deluxe Clonetrooper?

That's a silly thing to say. SS are making clones that weren't in the film as well.
Besides.... I guess all phase 2 armor start out with battle damage? :p

Been reported that there is no SDCC exclusive this year. Any differing info surface?

... and the clone "deluxe" edition not include heads..:slap

why?

Costs?

Peeps want these clones cheep..... Get what you pay for!

Yeah but the problem is these aren't cheap...they are mostly re-used parts and theres not even a generic headsculpt to show for the increase in cost.

Think back to the indivdual commanders they were all in and around $135 and none of them were the same. Different helmet sculpts, armor variations, These guys have all been done before...I know that SSC have added a droid popper (its coming with Wollfe anyway), a mini gun and a back pack but I thought these figs would have come in at around $110 + shipping to really allow for us to build up an army....at $140 + shipping I can't really see a lot of people ordering multiples.

It sure is a strange pricing policy. Commander Wolffe, a figure that most if not all people will only want one of costs $150, and the clones which are supposed to be for army building are only $20 less. The difference gets you two more human heads which I'm sure if you look at it people would be prepared to pay more than $10 each for.

So what's the rationale behind it? Perhaps we should rejoice Wolffe wasn't $180 or more.

Dammit I wanted these, but cheap enough to get a bunch over time.

I would bet on $130-150. Sideshow prices have gone way up since the original AOTC figures were released and these are being marketed as "deluxe" so expect a deluxe pricepoint.

:lecture Spot on here :exactly:

It just dawned on me...I was wishing that the original release of the clones would be clean. Now I wish that even more. I still want a clean 501st and 212th. But these new "Deluxe" versions would be better as weathered ones. The originals would have been the ones to do clean.

Amen, Brother!

Man! I am going to have a lot of clones. I can see a minimum of three of each of these (edit - because they) come with phase II helmets.

Just need the clean II to go with my clean I. :lol

With this super set, maybe they will now move on to the Biker Scout, AT-AT driver and Tie Fighter pilot......

Last edited:

you can view pictures by changing the sku in the link of others

**Please do not hotlink photos from www.sideshowtoy.com**

Last edited by a moderator:

i like the new stands, but wish we couldve gotten film specific stands the whole time

Back