SSC Cyclops Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Limited, but pricey for what you get...
cyclops-astonishing-version_marvel_gallery_604c1fc6c3ac5.jpg

I like it, but out the door price is flirting with $300.
I don't see it myself. I like the Jim Lee version more.

Preordered - While I still would like it to light up, it looks mostly superior to my Astonishing kitbash I was working up. Well done, Sideshow.

Ordered it?s definitely overpriced IMO however this line speaks to my heart as a true favorite. Now bring on that variant wolverine which we know they?ll do.

For anyone who didn't notice, although this says preorder on the site, the emails claims it is in stock and will ship ASAP.

This is the version I wanted all along, though I did buy the 90s version because I didn't think they would ever make this one. Definitely used reward points to make myself feel better about paying that extravagant price twice, ha.

Can't wait to get it.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I generally don't frett about the cost of SS figures too much, because the entire hobby is creeping towards $300 for a barebones figure anyway, but it is difficult to understand the price of this one next to their other offerings. This comes with less than the previous release, but costs more. Gambit is only $15 dollars more, and he comes with a weapon, a set of cards, an effect part, twice as many hands, AND a second hair style.

I guess one possibility is that because it is s small run, the higher per-item price was needed to pay the development and production costs. Just a guess. The other possibility is that they just figured they could charge a little more for a highly desirable exclusive.

Anyways, I said I would pay any price for this version, so here we are. Glad I had a bunch of rewards to defray the cost. My next dream ask is a 1/6 Knightfall line, SS. Get on it.

Funny you can see the gold lines were built into the 90?s version suit that were meant for Astonishing version.

Lol true. Honestly can’t fault them for that it’s smart business. But almost $300 for this is pretty brutal. And I personally think it came out great looking but the fact that you barely get any accessories + sideshow is pretty subpar in terms of QC and the bodies they use makes this one a difficult call which would otherwise be a no brainer for me

I generally don't frett about the cost of SS figures too much, because the entire hobby is creeping towards $300 for a barebones figure anyway, but it is difficult to understand the price of this one next to their other offerings. This comes with less than the previous release, but costs more. Gambit is only $15 dollars more, and he comes with a weapon, a set of cards, an effect part, twice as many hands, AND a second hair style.

I guess one possibility is that because it is s small run, the higher per-item price was needed to pay the development and production costs. Just a guess. The other possibility is that they just figured they could charge a little more for a highly desirable exclusive.

Anyways, I said I would pay any price for this version, so here we are. Glad I had a bunch of rewards to defray the cost. My next dream ask is a 1/6 Knightfall line, SS. Get on it.

I mean it's almost certainly that. Make less, price more. I know it's desirable, but in no way do I think this version has a larger audience wanting it than the 90's one.

Lol true. Honestly can’t fault them for that it’s smart business. But almost $300 for this is pretty brutal. And I personally think it came out great looking but the fact that you barely get any accessories + sideshow is pretty subpar in terms of QC and the bodies they use makes this one a difficult call which would otherwise be a no brainer for me

I haven't heard of any QC or body issues for 90's Cyclops.... and mine is perfect...

I just can?t get into either of these Cyclops figures and it?s a shame because I really really really want to like them but I just can?t. Both of these costumes looks 100x better in the comics/animation because the figures don?t quite accentuate the muscle details and can?t replicate the shading that really makes the suits pop. Because if the lack of detailing/shading, these figures end up looking doll-ish and flat in my opinion. Guess I?ll have to wait until he shows up in the MCU for a Cyclops figure that I?ll like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back