SSC Cyborg Darth Maul PF!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Lifesize bust is amazing here's mine

29015_437578879898_763189898_5629854_6661371_n.jpg

I just think that the whole idea of Maul surviving after being cut in half and falling down a seemingly bottomless pit, then having cybernetic legs attached and growing antlers is pathetic.

As it was already mentioned his horns are bone, similar to a the antlers of a deer, it's not farfetched in the pretend world of Star Wars that they grow and he doesn't trim them. Think of it as a grooming (or lack of) habit. And is cyborg legs any more pathetic than giving Luke a fake hand, Anakin fake arm and legs, Salvaging grievous' eyeballs and heart and giving him a whole new body? It's the same thing and is a recurring theme of the whole franchise.

Thanks for the fill-in on this story.

This is definitely a creepy look for Maul. No doubt it would have been a great return for Maul and unfortunate they didn't do this for the film. It's amazing that such a bad-a** like Maul was taken out by a shot in the head by Lars. That's actually pretty funny in a sad way!

I do appreciate the story fill-in. Many of us don't have the time to look at every type of medium out there (comics, graphic novels, cartoons, novellas, encyclopedias). Most people I think identify with the films and that's where I figure has the more significant impact for me.

I'm not at all interested in this statue, but it really would have made an amazing part of the prequels if they resurrected Maul. That's really too bad. The cyborg looks really creepy honestly.

It's actualy pretty cool how it happens. he charges obiwan, all bluster and screaming "i'm better than you" blah blah blah. And old ben Schools him. disarms him, cuts off some of his horns and a hand if i remember. maul fails to the sands, beaten, broken, and starts to goad old Ben. Trying top convince him to kill him in rage, telling him he'll just keep coming back. Obi-wan is faced with a moral dilemma. if he kills an unarmed man, he's taken a step twords evil. Maul continues to taunt him....

And owen lars walks up behind Maul, puts a rifle to his head, and shoots him. Then tells Obi-wan to stay the hell away from me and my family, that he does not want to see him near his farm or family again.

This is NOT the EU character to do.

Exar Kun?
Darth Revan?
Malak?
Darth Bane?

Hell, a Dark Luke woulda been miles cooler than this.
I agree that there are better choices, but I still like the piece for what it is. Maul was hugely popular, and still is, and there are die hard fans of him just drooling over this piece. Each EU character really has their own niche.

As it was already mentioned his horns are bone, similar to a the antlers of a deer, it's not farfetched in the pretend world of Star Wars that they grow and he doesn't trim them. Think of it as a grooming (or lack of) habit. And is cyborg legs any more pathetic than giving Luke a fake hand, Anakin fake arm and legs, Salvaging grievous' eyeballs and heart and giving him a whole new body? It's the same thing and is a recurring theme of the whole franchise.

All good points, but I still think a dead character should stay dead. His fight with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon was a fitting end.

Lots of haterade in this thread... If only there was some little green puppet that could offer wise advice on the perils of going down the path of hate...

yoda.jpg

Oh well, where was I? Sorry, my mind wanders in old age.

I've pre-ordered the Exc. as I like it. I always thought that Maul returning in ROTS like this instead of Grievous (who is supposed to give the hint of what's to come for Vader) would have given more emotion to the story arc.

I like it.

All you OT elitists crack me up. There are other collectors out there that want something different as well but the hell with them why should they get thrown a bone once in awhile.

I understand what you're saying--but I would argue that we haven't been getting "something different...once in a while." With Asajj, Darth Talon, Aurra Sing and now this, we have been getting obscure and EU pieces most of the time, not once in a while. The primary focus of the line over the last year and a half or so has become these fringe characters at the expense of more classic and iconic main characters. They aren't filling in the cracks with the EU--the "change of pace" pieces have been taking over the line entirely, at the expense of more deserving (in my opinion) characters who we have yet to see in this format.

Actually is very nice, the sculpt is excellent. but will pass
as I' running out of space. so will wait for the OT Pf

I'm surprised to see so much dislike for this guy.:( I have always been a Maul fan & this PFF is a must have! (for me) The original Darth Maul was my first PFF. I think this will go well next to him.
I can see the issue with not PFFing characters that have yet to be done but instead going with a second Maul. Hell, there is 3 Luke Skywalkers!

Here is a quick rundown (from Wikipedia) of the story that this version of Darth Maul is from:

Old Wounds

The opening story, "Old Wounds" by Aaron McBride, is set in "the third year Imperial Occupation" and begins with Owen Lars trying to teach new words to a toddler-age Luke Skywalker. They see a strange figure on the horizon running towards the Lars homestead, and Owen instructs his wife Beru to bring him his rifle and take the boy inside. The figure dodges warning shots with ease and uses the Force to disarm Owen before smashing the weapon over his head. Standing on triple-jointed droid legs and concealed by a dark hood, the figure calls out through the Force to an unseen enemy. The voice claims to have been tracking this adversary for years, just missing him by two days on Kamino one day on Geonosis and only a few minutes on Mustafar. He had then killed witnesses on Polis Massa before finally gaining crucial information on Mos Espa from an aged Watto, whom he beheads for his greed. The creature declares that he knows threatening Luke would bring his adversary out into the open, to which the hidden voice finally asks through the Force, "Does Palpatine know?" The cyborg-legged monster replies, "No. There is no Palpatine. No Empire. No Jedi. There is no Light. No Dark... Just you and I here now." At this point, Obi-Wan Kenobi bursts out from the sand. The dark figure casts off his hood and reveals himself to be Darth Maul, his severed lower body replaced by a pair of large cybernetic legs and abdomen, and his cranial horns having grown, crown-like, to over three times their original length. Kenobi and Maul engage in furious combat, in which Maul loses a further arm and four horns before being held at Kenobi's mercy. With his lightsaber hilt to Maul's forehead and his finger on the blade-ignition button, Kenobi hesitates to execute his helpless opponent, but has the decision taken out of his hands when the revived Owen blows the former Sith's head apart with his damaged rifle.

Star Wars: Visionaries is a 2005 collection of 11 stories written and drawn by concept artists who worked on the film Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. The book is published by Dark Horse Comics and edited by Jeremy Barlow.

I understand what you're saying--but I would argue that we haven't been getting "something different...once in a while." With Asajj, Darth Talon, Aurra Sing and now this, we have been getting obscure and EU pieces most of the time, not once in a while. The primary focus of the line over the last year and a half or so has become these fringe characters at the expense of more classic and iconic main characters. They aren't filling in the cracks with the EU--the "change of pace" pieces have been taking over the line entirely, at the expense of more deserving (in my opinion) characters who we have yet to see in this format.

:lecture :exactly: :goodpost:

The "OT Elitists" cry is merely a canard played by those who get easily butthurt when people point out the annoying contrivances of the EU, and even the PT.

double portriat all the way. oh my god, oh my god............what does this mean???.........doubleeeee portriat...........its almost a triple portriat..........:monkey2:monkey2

:clap Nicely done.

I like the idea behind it, but it's not for me. I have limited space for pfs, and asajj is already filling my need for cool evil jedi.

This is about the dumbest thing I've seen Sideshow make so far.
I wouldn't even buy this in 1:6 scale for $70.
$335?!! :rotfl

Certainly unexpected. It sure makes it hard to find any rhyme or reason behind Sideshow's choices. I suppose if they gave us everything on our Star Wars Christmas wishlist all at once, they'd be shooting themselves in the foot business-wise.

Didn't even know Maul had a second life in EU. Kind of has a Grievous feel too it, so I can buy into the character even if I don't buy the figure. PFs are out of my current budget unless they are from me grail list.

Back