SSC Cyborg Darth Maul PF!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
abom.jpg

First the oversexed Jedi, now this. This is the first time since SS started doing Star Wars that I don't have any SW items on pre-order.

I don't either, and that makes me sad. The last time we had a new OT character in the PF line was two years ago with the Tusken Raider announcement. Since then, the focus has shifted to duplicates and EU characters. I thought Asajj was going to be a unique change of pace for the line--but after Darth Talon, Aurra Sing and now this, it seems that the PF line has just gone in a different direction. I'm sure we will get some sexed up female Jedi character soon. You guys have fun with that...

Let's see your list of 100 characters.

I don't have 100, but I would have preferred:

-C-3PO
-R2-D2
-Chewbacca
-Stormtrooper
-ROTJ Emperor
-Skiff Guard Lando
-Gamorrean Guard
-Admiral Ackbar
-Moff Tarkin
-Greedo
-TIE Pilot
-Obi-Wan (Episode III)
-Queen Amidala (Episode I)
-Jango Fett
-Commander Cody
-Bib Fortuna
-Episode I Anakin w/ podracer gear
-Battle Droid
-Droideka

And I would even buy a Jar-Jar before Cyborg Maul or Darth Talon.

Last edited:
WOW! I didn't see this one coming, it looks awesome...

Once again, if I had the $$$ I would be ordering!

Here's the cartoon I remember seeing of this... man, its pretty bad :lol Kudos to the animator, but its some awful stuff :lol

Old Wounds Animation

And...I actually iked that:clap Has a bit of a Samuarai Jack vibe to it. I always wondered what if they had resurrected Maul in ROTS in place of Grievous. It would have bought greater continuity to the three films, justifed the technology used to save Vader and made the fight with Kenobi more meaningful

The OT PFs dont sell well. A lot of them end up in stock for a very long time. This is a business decision and it's cool for them to make this one. I hope it will stay in one piece when I get it since there's a lot of fragile parts. I was surprised to see it today and I am pretty sure people who see this next week at SDCC will buy it if it hasnt sold out by then. It's refreshing to see them making something new. As for other characters, they will be out eventually. I am in this hobby for a long haul so no biggie.

WTF? :slap

This is basically my parody of fanboys come to fruition. Ms. Sithy Shelf-bra is still worse though. At least I recognise Darth Maul by name and appearance.

And silly me I thought Darth Maul died when he was cut in half, fell down a deep-ass pit and the Jedi spoke of recovering his body.

Being a proud OT Elitist™ (thank you thenammagazine :monkey3), I did not realise that the EU/Prequel-verse has the same mentality about death as Marvel Comics. :nana:

This makes me think... Will Cyborg Darth Maul will come back in the Star Wars Live Action TV Serie? Maybe... yes...

Uh... NO. He's not even EU Canon. It's an "Infinities" story, which means it doesn't exist in any SW timeline other than in its own self-contained story. Same with all of the stories in VISIONARIES and SW TALES.

I think it looks pretty cool, I just hope that if there's a big backlash against this it won't stop them from making the Pre-Cyborg Grievous PF, that's something I've been waiting for for a long time

WTF? :slap

This is basically my parody of fanboys come to fruition. Ms. Sithy Shelf-bra is still worse though. At least I recognise Darth Maul by name and appearance.

And silly me I thought Darth Maul died when he was cut in half, fell down a deep-ass pit and the Jedi spoke of recovering his body.

Being a proud OT Elitist™ (thank you thenammagazine :monkey3), I did not realise that the EU/Prequel-verse has the same mentality about death as Marvel Comics. :nana:

That's pretty old news. Boba Fett has been alive and kicking in the EU for ages.

Cool statue. I don't mind seeing the wackier side of the EU explored.

I do think it is a good choice on Sideshows part.

They do have a lot of demand for the EU characters. Its great that they are releasing them in different formats.

An EU release works well during their current event. They know it won't be hugely popular, so there won't be people whining that there was no announcement about it, nor a priority pre-order.

The ES will likely be low, but I'd be willing to bet they are watching to see how well it does sell, and if it does, they'll do more obscure EU characters.

The droids, stormtroopers in PF format will be announced well ahead of time, and likely given the priority re-order treatment.

Kudos for Sideshow! While the piece isn't for me, if I was more of a Maul fan, I would probably purchase it. It shows that they are willing to break the mold, and produce some of the more unusual characters from the EU. Its well executed, great pose, and will look good in any collection. Its just not for everyone. Relax, be thankful that you don't have to spend money on it, and you can save for the item you REALLY want.

PERFECT POINT! :goodpost: :exactly: :r2d2line :fireworks

Back