SSC Cobra Viper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just arrived and damn is it ever gorgeous.

I could only buy one of them right now, and having a squad of Vipers is looking like it's the only way to go to complete the effect with these guys.

Pic of the machete below.

Hey guys! We're working on instructions on how to weave the MOLLE Straps to be put up on the Sideshow Website soon. We're a little slammed here as we work toward the end of the year. Thanks for your patience!

Also, I saw there were some concerns about the buckles on the ends of the Magazine Pouch and wanted to address those. First off, this isn't a QC issue. No straps are missing from the figure and all of those buckles should be female buckles. The Cobra Viper's Plate Carrier was based off a real-world example. These buckles are used in an alternate configuration which we hope to use on future releases.

Here's a sneak peak of the alternate configuration to give you a taste of what you might be seeing down the road. Again, this configuration is NOT used on the Cobra Viper.

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

Hope this clears up some confusion! :wave

And here's my pics as promised. This figure is GREAT! I really love how Sideshow chose to go with the Chrome dome. The details on this figure have been raised a notch. The only gripe I have is the small feet. It doesn't look proportionate to his overall presence. But aside from that, everything looks killer on this dude.

I never had a Viper in '86, but this sure as hell makes up for that. :) (Am I the only one who likes to sniff the inside of a SSC figure box as soon as I open it? :rotfl)

SSCobraViper1.jpg

These shots made me a fan of the chrome. Still wish the mask didn't protrude below the front of the helmet so much though.

These shots made me a fan of the chrome. Still wish the mask didn't protrude below the front of the helmet so much though.

It doesn't though, didn't you see the post from the other lad? Apparently I was blind for suggesting it did protrude further below.

Hey guys! We're working on instructions on how to weave the MOLLE Straps to be put up on the Sideshow Website soon. We're a little slammed here as we work toward the end of the year. Thanks for your patience!

Also, I saw there were some concerns about the buckles on the ends of the Magazine Pouch and wanted to address those. First off, this isn't a QC issue. No straps are missing from the figure and all of those buckles should be female buckles. The Cobra Viper's Plate Carrier was based off a real-world example. These buckles are used in an alternate configuration which we hope to use on future releases.

Here's a sneak peak of the alternate configuration to give you a taste of what you might be seeing down the road. Again, this configuration is NOT used on the Cobra Viper.

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

Hope this clears up some confusion! :wave

Thats for clarifying that Kevin! Still an odd choice not including that configuration while giving us half of the parts needed for that option :lol

But PLEASE do consider including dressing inscructions for these Joes. Most of us can figure out out to take a shirt on and off of Stalker, but some of this military gear isnt' as clear cut for those of us unfamiliar with them.

Back