SSC Cobra Viper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:yess: Mine arrived today from Sideshow. Will post detailed pics later tonight.

Cobra_Viper_box.jpg

That shipper box is way to large. What was Sideshow thinking????

I love this figure; to me it looks fantastic. Can't wait to see how Destro will look and if the mask will be chrome. Could be early 2012 or maybe Sideshow will choose SDCC for the unveiling since he is super popular.

I was actually going for something like this, but the paint I used failed to achieve that shine, and the surface texture of the resin parts wasn't perfectly smooth enough, especially after primer and black base coat. You just can't do it in paint, but I believe the desired end result was to be mirror finish all along.

I'm not sure it's possible to do mirror chrome on polystone. I can't recall ever seeing it done. Hard plastic though can be plated with a mirror chrome finish like this. I'm not sure what the process is, but it's definitely not paint. And if Destro's head is the usual vinyl material, I don't think it can get this finish. I'm sure they'll work it out though when the time comes.

Thanks for the insight Nathan. If you get the chance, do let them know we'd really like to see Destro and Cobra Commander v2 with this! :D

Anyone know how your suppose to attach the waistband ammo clip holder? The ends have the clip on belt buckles but its the same on both sides with the parts that insert into the belt buckles

Anyone know how your suppose to attach the waistband ammo clip holder? The ends have the clip on belt buckles but its the same on both sides with the parts that insert into the belt buckles

So again can you tell me whats wrong with this picture? All 6 belt buckles are the receiver ends
LEFT

image1.jpg

RIGHT

image2.jpg

ENTIRE AMMO BELT
image.jpg

I cant see pictures on this computer, but all the clips are female ends?

Designed or QC issue?

Mines 90 mins away from me....hopefully customs isnt tooly and he will be here in the morning.

I can't figure for the life of me how to attach it either. Either it is missing a whole rear belt that attaches to the female side clips or I'm completely missing how to assemble this.

I'm thinking its a possible QC issue but I'm hoping it's just on me and just a user error somehow. :slap

I don't have it yet, but check the assault vest. I'm thinking the ammo belt attaches to either the vest or his backpack.

I can't link the pics right now, but go to Sideshow's site and look at pic #5 of the gallery. It's a POV from behind the Viper, and it clearly shows the ammo belt (which goes across the front of the Viper's torso) clipped onto something on the vest or backpack.

I may be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me. Of course, I don't have it in hand. :dunno

Back