SSC Cobra Viper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a big fan of the Viper look originally but this figure looks excellent, loving the entire overall appearance - jumped on the Exclusive waitlist...

WTF?? I thought the limit was 2?

It was...at least when I ordered mine. But I ordered them separately because I want them to be shipped in the individual brown mailer boxes with the styrofoam and whatnot. And I am wondering if they saw that as an attempt to circumvent the NRD (which I am happy to pay). Anyway...I will talk to Sideshow when they open and I am sure they will reinstate the order.

It was...at least when I ordered mine. But I ordered them separately because I want them to be shipped in the individual brown mailer boxes with the styrofoam and whatnot. And I am wondering if they saw that as an attempt to circumvent the NRD (which I am happy to pay). Anyway...I will talk to Sideshow when they open and I am sure they will reinstate the order.

I still have both my Ex's and they were separate orders as well.:lecture

Dont worry about getting an ex, with Sideshows site being screwy I ended up with 5 ex orders. Cancelled 3 this morning, and Im not the only person that happened to so I expect there will be a huge amount of waitlists fulfilled.

I ordered him at 14:43 when he went up yesterday. Just surprised that he waitlisted in such a short amount of time.

If a random headsculpt for an army builder sells out in a couple hours they'll definitely need to do PPO's for the heavy hitters from now on.

:lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly::goodpost:

the extra head sculpts are the only things that get me to preorder the exclusives anymore. they usually come so packed out that an extra accessory doesn't interest me too much.

guess you can say i pay extra for a little head

This newsletter ____ is gay. I miss PPOs. :(

I don't mind the newsletter sales but not a fan of the earlier release time either. Liked it being later in the day when I knew I would be more paying attention to things.

If a random headsculpt for an army builder sells out in a couple hours they'll definitely need to do PPO's for the heavy hitters from now on.

Agreed. If this sold out this quickly might be time for PPO's again on the more famous of Joe/Cobra figs.

Agreed. If this sold out this quickly might be time for PPO's again on the more famous of Joe/Cobra figs.

I just think this was an anomaly due to one bad ass mofo figure/ troop builder. I mean, As far as heavy hitters go Flint is a heavy hitter as far I'm concerned and his still available, so was Beachhead up until recently. But like someone else stated earlier, there are alot of noobs showing up recently.

I just think this was an anomaly due to one bad ass mofo figure/ troop builder. I mean, As far as heavy hitters go Flint is a heavy hitter as far I'm concerned and his still available, so was Beachhead up until recently. But like someone else stated earlier, there are alot of noobs showing up recently.

Yeah. Beachhead didn't waitlist near as fast and Beachhead > Viper. So I'm not sure it had so much to do with character selection. Maybe this line is finally starting to catch on and there're a bunch of 2-faced ____ talkers at Hissyfit.com. OR, the glitch in the system caused so many orders with people hitting refresh that it ate through the allotted numbers? :huh

Could be a lot of new folks coming in and thats a good thing. I want to see this line going on for quite some time.

Anyone think the padded helmet head would be a good base for a Horrorshow custom?

And to that end, do any of you want to see members of the Oktober Guard in this line?

Anyone think the padded helmet head would be a good base for a Horrorshow custom?

And to that end, do any of you want to see members of the Oktober Guard in this line?

Too many other Joes and Cobras to be made first.

Last edited:

Eventually I suppose, but if we are talking subgroups I'd like to see the Renegades first before we see the likes of the Oktober Guard.

For a stock character he looks cool. But I'm still waiting for Destro, Major Bludd, the Baroness, Dr. Mindbender, Tomax and Xamot, Zartan, etc....

Back